Stormwind Cathedral Under New Management

Wyrmrest Accord
Prev 1 13 14 15 26 Next

Seriously? That's like Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee playing dodgeball against first-graders.

Actually, when we want to PvP, the Alliance tends to do fairly well.

Let me regale you with a bit of a tale about a little old place called Wintergrasp.

Toward the tail end of WotLK, the Horde pretty much ran rampant through it. They consistently outnumbered us 10 to 1 because, as usual, we just didn't care. The Horde would constantly gloat over their wins and scream over their losses, logging onto alts to spit and cuss and threaten those who had fought against them (much like this thread).

Eventually, Against All Odds was formed and gave them some pretty startling upsets thanks to Xyrra's leadership. I played Horde frequently in those days and the aftermath of the battles was always a little disgraceful as we Hordies would scramble for reasons why we lost, accusing Xyrra of cheating, calling her names, trying to organize a bunch of people to log onto an alt frenzy and yell at them.

Thane suffered a lot of the same abuse, sadly.

The fact is that PvPing with the Horde just isn't fun. If they win, they gloat insufferably, they log onto forums and make obnoxious threads and make silly raps about sexual assault. If they lose, they throw a fit about how you cheated or only won because you had more and how this is going to happen again and again until they win...when they'll gloat insufferably.

It's gotten better, don't get me wrong. Hush and Vicarious are both gold standards for when it comes to Horde PvP. But every time it feels like that they're the only game in town, another guild comes along and reminds us why we don't bother anymore.
So....let me get this straight.

You PvP on an RP server, and then taunt the other faction when only a handful of poorly-geared players respond and then taunt them all again for not being better. On an RP server?

You tried to PvP against WrA Alliance...and expected better resistance? No, seriously, reread that and think it over.

Seriously? That's like Chuck Norris and Bruce Lee playing dodgeball against first-graders.

And now you're insulted that people are annoyed and irritated by this thread? They're all pissed because you basically shot fish in a barrel with a shotgun and then went all "those fish were so easy to catch! We're awesome fishermen!!"

No matter how many times you take the Cathedral, the most response you'll ever get is "damn, I want to RP there. Uh...quick you guys, get your honor farm characters out and let's...I don't know...try?" Everyone else will just be saying. "Damn....well, let's RP in the graveyard out back instead."

I've avoided touching this thread like the plague, but this is enough to get me to post in it. The Alliance deserves much more credit than you give in your post. I would know, I had a raid there and we got our asses stomped in the city. You guys came together and kicked our asses, and made our night fun! Don't be so quick to discredit your factionmates!

Let me regale you with a bit of a tale about a little old place called Wintergrasp.

Toward the tail end of WotLK, the Horde pretty much ran rampant through it. They consistently outnumbered us 10 to 1 because, as usual, we just didn't care. The Horde would constantly gloat over their wins and scream over their losses, logging onto alts to spit and cuss and threaten those who had fought against them (much like this thread).

Eventually, Against All Odds was formed and gave them some pretty startling upsets thanks to Xyrra's leadership. I played Horde frequently in those days and the aftermath of the battles was always a little disgraceful as we Hordies would scramble for reasons why we lost, accusing Xyrra of cheating, calling her names, trying to organize a bunch of people to log onto an alt frenzy and yell at them.

The fact is that PvPing with the Horde just isn't fun. If they win, they gloat insufferably, they log onto forums and make obnoxious threads and make silly raps about sexual assault. If they lose, they throw a fit about how you cheated or only won because you had more and how this is going to happen again and again until they win...when they'll gloat insufferably.

It's gotten better, don't get me wrong. Hush and Vicarious are both gold standards for when it comes to Horde PvP. But every time it feels like that they're the only game in town, another guild comes along and reminds us why we don't bother anymore.

I would just like to say I enjoyed it when AAO made Wintergrasp a challenge again.

Also, what happened to AAO and World PvP? Am I missing them due to time changes or have they actually stopped?

:(

>.> I hope <DC> doesn't come across as such troublemakers, though we keep to ourselves.

I've played a few PvP thingies with Vicarious and I must say they are a blast to play with. Great people. The Hush too- I have many friends in there, and always enjoy playing with them.

I've avoided touching this thread like the plague, but this is enough to get me to post in it. The Alliance deserves much more credit than you give in your post. I would know, I had a raid there and we got our asses stomped in the city. You guys came together and kicked our asses, and made our night fun! Don't be so quick to discredit your factionmates!

More pvpers could be as nice as you.

Props for ya.

I would just like to say I enjoyed it when AAO made Wintergrasp a challenge again.

Also, what happened to AAO and World PvP? Am I missing them due to time changes or have they actually stopped?

They're still around, I believe. But World PvP has kind of gone the way of the dodo for reasons already listed.
01/05/2013 01:40 PMPosted by Methodmann

:(

>.> I hope <DC> doesn't come across as such troublemakers, though we keep to ourselves.

I've played a few PvP thingies with Vicarious and I must say they are a blast to play with. Great people. The Hush too- I have many friends in there, and always enjoy playing with them.

I've certainly had no problems with you (though you will one day pay for trying to kill Sky-Admiral Rogers. Oh yes), but if you're at all worried, here's a pretty easy set of rules to follow.

1. If you PvP, don't say anything stupid or mean about it.

2. If you do say something stupid or mean, apologize for it.

3. If your guild members say something stupid or mean, discipline them.

It's all pretty simple!
(though you will one day pay for trying to kill Sky-Admiral Rogers. Oh yes),

Uh.. what? xD
I apologize, I didn't mean from the organized perspective. I've known of AAO for a while, and I've seen/heard plenty of instances of Alliance being awesome. Rather, I meant the day-to-day instances, such as here. I've seen a bunch of similar instances before where it seemed the prevailing attitude of "Oh, the Horde's here? Cool." while a small group scrambles.

It's just attitudes I've noticed day-to-day, I honestly didn't intend to discredit the groups who A) do care; and B) do well.
Aye more pvp is always nice, This server has alot of good pvpers, and a majority of them are alliance, As horde has some awesome pvpers. And aao, I miss the raging battles they used to endure. Used to be some pretty mean wars, aao, valhalla, and many many other guilds, who made world pvp fun. This guild didnt mean to come off as "epeen strokers", Was meant in all fun, Trying to liven wyrmrest's pvp up some. Alandril does it well with vicarious, which is another great pvp guild, same with NOR. they are fanatastic. I'm looking forward to more wars with you ally, in the near future. for now, I am off. Good luck to everyone with whatever thier doing, I have real life stuff to attend to.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2z0POMQQ6oY
Tried getting a group to attack Org as revenge last night at around the same time the attacks on Stormwind happened. Got 7 people. Thats it.

You know how the Alliance symbol is a lion? Its the lion from the Wizard of Oz. Except it never got its courage.
Tried getting a group to attack Org as revenge last night at around the same time the attacks on Stormwind happened. Got 7 people. Thats it.

You know how the Alliance symbol is a lion? Its the lion from the Wizard of Oz. Except it never got its courage.

I don't think apathy/disinterest is synonymous for cowardice.
You can has Cathedral. I didn't like it anyway.
it burns

I don't think apathy/disinterest is synonymous for cowardice.

It might as well be at this point.
This is becoming disruptive to our RP, and I'm sure many others in the area agree.
01/05/2013 08:42 PMPosted by
Really classy there, Warsong. Sitting on non-flagged RPers minding their own business to try and get them to flag.

Its the point of the game. Horde vs Alliance. Who cares if they are flagged or not? Get over it.

They need to attack again. I want more epic wpvp.
01/05/2013 08:42 PMPosted by
Really classy there, Warsong. Sitting on non-flagged RPers minding their own business to try and get them to flag.

That's class to the max.