Druid or monk?

Druid
Is it just me or does it seem druids are becoming less and less useful. Watching a Brewmaster Vs Guardian it looks like the Brewmaster does a better job tanking. Resto Vs Mistweaver i get out healed buy Mistweavers all day and Fearl/Balance Vs Windwalker the windwalker seems to do more damage. Do any of my fellow druids see this or am i just going nuts?
yup, blizzard wants people to play their new class that we didn't need in the first place, even though people have been playing druids for years, that doesn't matter we have pandas and monks now right?

I find it extremely frustrating. If I want to stay competitive at this point, I have to start a new character... I would rather quit.
so im not alone :) nice transmog btw.
MW is incredibly frustrating to play from their mana running out so dang fast.
Rolling windwalker to be a competitive DPS is among the dumbest things you could be doing for 5.1. You would be worse off than staying druid.

Mistweaver is also well past that point, they've received several nerfs since their initial "gods of aoe-healing" debut. Not that druids are doing any better, but still, you're looking in the wrong place if you want OP healing.

Brewmaster actually does have a niche as the high-DPS tank atm (for most fights, at least), but not by anywhere near enough that it would make any sense to switch over from guardian if you're better at it.

Man up, play your class better. It's not the class.
"man up play your class better"? You making very stupid assumptions, Ahanss

Players like you that just talk down to people without even knowing anything about them is one of the reasons this game has continued to decline. Please stop acting like you are so good, because I doubt you are like most people who try to act like EJs.
lol i think it just that monk looks more visual throwing all these kegs of beer,blowing fire and spin kicking.

well i do find bear tanking extremely boring

Players like you that just talk down to people without even knowing anything about them is one of the reasons this game has continued to decline. Please stop acting like you are so good, because I doubt you are like most people who try to act like EJs.

I'm sorry, but you seem to be saying the druid class is bad.
It's not (or rather, monks aren't much, if at all, better off in the heal/tank departments, and are weaker in terms of DPS). So..., if you're getting bad results compared to monks, there's very little room to go from there.
ok, going from the topic here:

roll a monk.

<druids are druids. if you want to play something else do so.

personally I play a class because i enjoy the idea of "being" that class, when did wow become about who has the best dps/healingoutput/threatgeneration? and not self expression?

yeah the old ways weren't always fair; but at least players knew and were known by their roles

I'm sorry, but you seem to be saying the druid class is bad.
It's not (or rather, monks aren't much, if at all, better off in the heal/tank departments, and are weaker in terms of DPS). So..., if you're getting bad results compared to monks, there's very little room to go from there.

I never said I was getting bad results, that is you assuming things again. I was only agreeing with the original post that monks are in most cases replacing druids and it's frustrating.
12/23/2012 08:14 PMPosted by Phiasco
If I want to stay competitive at this point,

Certainly implied that you weren't currently competitive. The OP was also more about how Monks>>>Druids, and thus we should all reroll.
So I think disputing that monks are OP and druids are UP is perfectly valid.

Although I fail to see why it's an issue if people are rerolling monk. It certainly isn't because the class is OP. If they're doing it because they like it more, more power to them. If they're doing it because they think it's the FotM class, they're probably in for a rude awakening.
12/23/2012 10:29 PMPosted by Ahanss
If I want to stay competitive at this point,

Certainly implied that you weren't currently competitive.

Although I fail to see why it's an issue if people are rerolling monk. It certainly isn't because the class is OP. If they're doing it because they like it more, more power to them. If they're doing it because they think it's the FotM class, they're probably in for a rude awakening.

I'm done wasting my time talking to you.
12/23/2012 10:10 PMPosted by Phiasco
I was only agreeing with the original post that monks are in most cases replacing druids and it's frustrating.

Lol no
<---Brewmaster who is considering switching to my druid for tanking, although he's always been feral, and only ever did PvP. Brewmaster tanking is fine, and our dps is insane, but some fights are pretty demanding--Elegon, Ta'yak, Empress even in LFR--if I don't have a chi ready to purify the hits, I die in a few seconds. And if I'm stunned, I'm screwed, since 99% of my mitigation is active. Only thing I don't like about bears is rage, but it's not as bad now as it was pre-Mists.
02/07/2013 02:58 PMPosted by Aurroc
if I don't have a chi ready to purify the hits, I die in a few seconds. And if I'm stunned, I'm screwed, since 99% of my mitigation is active. Only thing I don't like about bears is rage, but it's not as bad now as it was pre-Mists.

Then you're switching to the wrong tank....Pre mists rage was ezpz as we generated rage upon taking damage etc. Now it's based off of our hits... The entire game of tanking is how to generate rage to activate our Active Mitigation, and speaking of stuns and active mitigation...ours lasts 7 seconds, if you're worried about stuns...well if you get stunned in Guardian, you're likely screwed as well if you're screwed as Monk.

All tanks are in the same boat now, if you don't like the mechanics of active mitigation on the monk and Chi Management, chances are you won't like Druid tank. It's the same.

If you don't like that garbage and you want one button to rule them all, go DK. Otherwise you're dealing with the EXACT same junk. Just different ability names.

For the record, last I checked I believe Brewmasters actually have higher passive mitigation
Real druids are druids for life.
It is a shame. My monk will be better come 5.2 but I am so close to getting some major achievements on my druid.
I will be playing both.

I have a resto druid i am lvling and once a friend of mine gets a new pc i will be lvling a mw monk with him.

I dont understand fotm rerollers. Even if the class is OP at the moment doesnt mean you will personally rock with it. You still have to understand how the class works. I love melting the faces off bad spriests for example. Sure they are pretty awesome right now. But when your a bad who doesnt use vs or pom and runs around hardcasting mind spike you are going to get creamed regardless of if the class, when played well, is OP.