Time To Fix Balance Druid PvP and Patch 5.2

Druid
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
It isn't just being able to move while casting. Melee classes just do so much more burst damage than us they can kill us in seconds. I can stand still and throw starfires and wraths at a DK with his resilience for quite a while without seriously damaging him. He can yank me in and chop me to pieces in about six seconds.
I'm going to bump this. It's all been said in the replies to the OP, so I wont add anything more other than to say I'm getting pretty sick of playing balance in BG's and am seriously thinking of giving up playing. PVP is the only aspect of the game I enjoy anymore and now it's being ruined by inattention to this spec.
I agree with the vast majority here. Simple fix right now is, just allow PvP Power to also increase our heals in Balance Spec. Problem solved ez pz.
01/10/2013 11:29 AMPosted by Kronne
I'm going to bump this. It's all been said in the replies to the OP, so I wont add anything more other than to say I'm getting pretty sick of playing balance in BG's and am seriously thinking of giving up playing. PVP is the only aspect of the game I enjoy anymore and now it's being ruined by inattention to this spec.

I wouldn't call it inattention. After all, we've gotten nerfed about fourteen times over the past few years. That's a lot of attention.
Thank you so much for taking the time to write this eloquent appeal, I was just logging on to the forums to write a similar post when I saw yours. I hopes Blizzard reads this and takes it to heart. Balance PvP is more fun than it ever has been, but it has a ways to go before we are at an acceptable place. Here is my $0.02

1) Boomkins have an small and ineffective survival toolkit, something that looks to take a further hit in 5.2. Losing the blink/prowl from DB is a low blow and gives us no way to drop target or get away safely. Shadowpriests have a similar ability and it did not get nerved. I think the Devs could easily add something to owlkin frenzy to allow us to survive against melee better. Better kiting mechanics would also be appreciated.

2) I have NEVER, repeat, NEVER EVER gotten off a hard casted Starfire/Wrath spell in
duels, 2v2 , 3v3 , or 5v5 against any mediocre + player/team. It does not happen. In the event I were to get one off by some miracle, its not really worth it. One never sees a competent PvP mage hard casting Pyroblast, anyone would just sit there and rofl at them. So then why would I ever use those 2 abilities when they don't even do enough damage to be worth it. If Starfire/Wrath were to have there damage increased significantly, then atleast it would be scary for the other team to let a boomkin hard cast, similiar to an arcane mage or a shadow priest.

3) Boomkins have no DOT dispel safeguard. Boomkins are a DOT class, yet anyone can dispel our dots for their own amusement. A safeguard should be worked into a glyph or tier bonus.

4) In any PvP situation, everyone yells "KILL THE BOOMKIN", why you might ask? Well because we die iso easily, even with maxed resil. A toolkit issue.

5) Starsurge procs are fun, but require no forethought or skill, all I can do is simply pray to the RNG gods and hope they bless me.
01/10/2013 02:16 PMPosted by Howlingmoon
I agree with the vast majority here. Simple fix right now is, just allow PvP Power to also increase our heals in Balance Spec. Problem solved ez pz.

I whole-heartedly support this. As hybrid classes we are often "reminded" that we shouldn't be able to do as much damage as pure dps classes because we can heal and mitigate damage.
That would be just fine, really - if our healing was actually worth a damn.
Bumping. Blizzard please look at Boomkin Survivability.
I hope that one day they will look to us.

All I see in patch notes are changes for mages/paladins/warlocks/warriors
EVERY patch note since 3.2 has some change for mages/paladins. Or it's buffing something or its doing a little tweak.
We Balance druids just get a look when they do something to the the Druid class in general (cyclone, DIsplacer Beast) or when it's an Expansion.
We NEVER get any new ability, Cooldown or anything in between expansions.
The most they do is an one line patch note reducing some percent on our damage from any random spell every 3 or 4 patches.

But I still hope that they will take the time and the dev team that spend all day discussing Mages/warriors improvements and dedicate a hole HOUR to our Spec.
If only they did a meeting with this chart:
Meeting 2:00 PM - Discussions:
- Ways to improve mage PvP - 4 hours
- Ways to make warriors more enjoyable - 3 hours
- How can we make paladins happy - 2 hours
- Oh noes, they are complaining to much, lets see what we can do for balance druid - 1 hour!!!
YES!!!
Bump.
Have any of you EVER heard of ANYONE at Blizz admit to having a Moonkin as their "main"? Didn't think so...
Blizzard doesn't played Moonkins so they won't fix our survivability. Damage is okay, that's the not the problem. It's that we can't survive anything on us.

Our defensive cooldowns are Barkskin and Might of Ursoc. oh boy so helpful. We don't even get to keep the health buff part of Might of Ursoc if we leave bear form.......
i'm thankful that boomkins are viable in rbgs, but so are most class specs out there. it just depends on your comp and strat.

but from what i have experienced, heard and seen, boomkins are by far the squishiest arena spec in the game, no contest.

this is not just normal squish, this is "don't bother bringing a trink squish".

i call it very lazy and ignorant on blizzards behalf.

buff the %$*@ out of us for once will ya?
i'm thankful that boomkins are viable in rbgs, but so are most class specs out there. it just depends on your comp and strat.

but from what i have experienced, heard and seen, boomkins are by far the squishiest arena spec in the game, no contest.

this is not just normal squish, this is "don't bother bringing a trink squish".

i call it very lazy and ignorant on blizzards behalf.

buff the %$*@ out of us for once will ya?

It's next level squish lol. Glass cannon is one thing, but right now it's more like toothpick slingshot with explosive tipped bullets every 3minutes. However, dps doesn't mean a damn thing if you're dead. To enlighten the audience a bit on our healing - Rejuvenation heals for less than second wind. NS healing touch is often less than Cold Snap. Might of Ursoc is a GCD to gain about 30% hp then another GCD to get back into form(which removes the +30% total hp cap). Displacer Beast, our one true escape, is to have its stealth gutted. Non-druids will be quick to point at cyclone as our saving grace, but it too is taking a DR nerf that limits our comp choices to practically LSD2 - and even then we share Cyclone DR with Hex.
On the plus side.
"I saw Bashiok post about Balance and I thought about posting something in there, but no, I'm going to continue harrasking here: Are you folks playing balance on the dev team? Do you have enough people playing on PTR? Do I need to find some time to help folks like Owlcapwn test so our cries can still be ignored?"

"If I could ask one thing of you guys as a community, try and tone back the "ignored and neglected" talk. None of the classes are specs are neglected by the design team. I just don't have the bandwidth (as I said above) to address each concern, even the very eloquent ones, even the ones that may be totally reasonable and accurate. When we want to comment on something, we'll comment. There isn't really a reasonable way to force us to comment on something, so just try and be at peace."

We've at least been acknowledged.
01/27/2013 10:52 AMPosted by Kitsunari
We've at least been acknowledged.

More so a "Soon(tm)" comment. It holds no value and avoids the question--though, the question was pretty stupid.

If you're going to "demand" a Blue post, don't ask for one. Make valid arguments and productive discussions. You can prompt a Blue post with this idea.

Or you can be a mage and cry about everything that might possibly be a nerf.

More so a "Soon(tm)" comment. It holds no value and avoids the question--though, the question was pretty stupid.

If you're going to "demand" a Blue post, don't ask for one. Make valid arguments and productive discussions. You can prompt a Blue post with this idea.

Or you can be a mage and cry about everything that might possibly be a nerf.

People will troll the living !@#$ out of your post, especially if it has something somewhat productive to offer. It really doesn't matter what you really post on these forums, you generally won't get the response you would like.
01/27/2013 12:30 PMPosted by Verze
People will troll the living !@#$ out of your post, especially if it has something somewhat productive to offer. It really doesn't matter what you really post on these forums, you generally won't get the response you would like.

A troll post is just another reason to bump your post to the top with a reply.
One thing I really miss about moonkin was back in BC. I kind of consider those the good days for a few reasons, though they became more mainstream and raid usable in Wrath.

1 - We had bear tank armor - or just about. I had basic pvp gear and had 55% armor damage reduction. In a time where rogues slaughtered casters, I would just barkskin and watch them go through their cc gauntlet to only take me down to 60% health. I felt hard to kill. Now, we just have reduced damage.

2. Nature's Grace (I think it was called that). Basically a mid level talent that would reduced the next cast time of a spell by 0.5 second every time we had a crit.

3. Wrath was a 1.5 second cast. Couple that with -0.5seconds every crit and it was like I was firing a machine gun. Now, it just feels slow.

4. We didn't have any reliance on Elipse. Eclipse is great, but with a high buff comes blanket nerfing of the spells to compensate. So we are strong... some of the time.

5. Moonfire got a lot of buffs, so now, it's damage when unbuffed by the situation feels low. Also, insect swarm was the highest damaging dot in the game at the time when unbuffed. We were just strong unbuffed, but all the other classes got buffs, especially in raids.

6. Starfire had a slight chance at stunning for 3 seconds.