Account logged in when I am not.

Mobile Bug Report
Of course that failed. C'est la vie!
Any progress yet?
Yes, we've had some progress, but I can't check your accounts to see if this is resolved. Can you please verify if this is still an issue or not?
i have the same problem that my remote chat stays logged in even tho it is logged out on my device. i think it happened because i put it on my tablet and my cell phone though, i noticed you put that as a possible cause. this character im posting on is logged in on remote chat almost all the time. ive only seen it logged out maybe one time since i put remote chat on. and yes i am fully logging out of the armory app itself not just the guild chat aspect. on both devices. and the app is fully closed. i am going to try uninstalling it off my tablet completely and reinstalling on it on my phone. it is kind of funny to see myself logged in when im on another character however. i hope you guys can fix this soon.
Selenya, try this: Install the Mobile Armory on both your tablet, your cell phone, and any other mobile devices that you *may* have logged into. Log into all devices, one after the other, and do the following: 1. Sign into Guild Chat, 2. toggle it from Online back to Offline, 3. Log completely out of the app, and 4. Uninstall the Mobile Armory.

After you have done this for all devices and you now have no installations, reinstall it on whatever devices that you like, but when you switch from one to another, sign completely out of guild chat and then log out of the app. This will ensure that you are not set to a Mobile Away status, which is what you will be kept in if you minimize the app without signing out of guild chat.

The reason I stress signing out of guild chat and then signing out of the Mobile Armory, is that in some cases (depending on connectivity) the app will not recognize that you've signed out of Guild Chat, even if you log out of the Mobile Armory. It's a timing issue. If you sign out of the Mobile Armory when a connection to the server is down, it can on rare occasions fail to issue that guild chat sign out command.

We're working on a solution to this particular scenario, but it may be an unavoidable defect due to the nature of mobile apps not being able to always maintain a connection, and being unable to assume the reason for lack of a connection when a connection is lost.
"We're working on a solution to this particular scenario, but it may be an unavoidable defect due to the nature of mobile apps not being able to always maintain a connection, and being unable to assume the reason for lack of a connection when a connection is lost"

Then should you really be puting in-game stores that can charge credit cards? This issue is still a problem apparently. After following all of your steps you cannot even change the flag in the mobile app to offline. Your server can timeout a player ala AFK and eventual loggoff, but you are saying you cant do the same if you receive no connection from the mobile app? This smells like EA doesnt want to fix a redundant coding issue. I mean no offense, but I hardly used your mobile armory guild chat and now I have a flag switched in game, an icon next to my name in guild roster that shouldnt be there, and it makes me paranoid anytime anything in game goes awry since I wonder if your server just thinks Im logged on as a mobile app and not actually in game, since its SO hard for you to tell the difference?
"We're working on a solution to this particular scenario, but it may be an unavoidable defect due to the nature of mobile apps not being able to always maintain a connection, and being unable to assume the reason for lack of a connection when a connection is lost"

Then should you really be puting in-game stores that can charge credit cards? This issue is still a problem apparently. After following all of your steps you cannot even change the flag in the mobile app to offline. Your server can timeout a player ala AFK and eventual loggoff, but you are saying you cant do the same if you receive no connection from the mobile app? This smells like EA doesnt want to fix a redundant coding issue. I mean no offense, but I hardly used your mobile armory guild chat and now I have a flag switched in game, an icon next to my name in guild roster that shouldnt be there, and it makes me paranoid anytime anything in game goes awry since I wonder if your server just thinks Im logged on as a mobile app and not actually in game, since its SO hard for you to tell the difference?

No offence taken, but I'm explaining the way it works, which is a limitation set by the technology itself. If we don't save mobile states in scenarios where the application closes but our server doesn't know why, we could potentially not deliver an important whisper that was sent to a mobile user. Which is the core reason we have it setup like this.

Your Mobile Armory app was closed, for whatever reason, and the server doesn't know why -- because it's a mobile device that constantly connects, disconnects, and then reconnects, on a moment to moment basis, unlike a desktop computer which has a stable environment.

To resolve this, you should log back in with the affected account and character, go to Guild Chat, toggle it to Offline, and then log out of the Mobile Armory itself. Do this for each device that you've logged into the Mobile Armory with.

If that doesn't work, can you provide the following information?

• Device model
  • OS version
  • Mobile Armory version
  • Network carrier
  • Have you logged into the Mobile Armory with additional mobile devices?
  • Have you tried logging into the Mobile Armory, specifically signing out of Guild Chat (setting it to Offline), and then logging out of the Mobile Armory itself?
I know an old topic, but I have recently been having this problem. It is only on my phone, so no other devices has it.

I logged in a few weeks ago on it cause I lost power during a storm while we were in raid. And since then I have been logged in as away since.

I have logged back in and manually logged out of guild chat and the app., but after about 5 min, it logs me back in. I have not checked the box to keep me logged in, so I know its not that.

So far, the only fix I found is changing my character to a toon thats not in a guild that I dont play, my bank toon. So far, 15 min and it has not logged me back in, as far as I know....
scratch my post, after an hour, i was logged back in on this toon on the wow armory app.
I am having the SAME issue as Clag above !
I rarely use it so I uninstalled it. I logged out first and then uninstalled but I notice now when I'm on my alts, that my main one is logged into the remote chat alot of the time. Twice now I've reinstalled it logged on then logged off and it still keeps happening. how can I shut it off?

SO, I scrolled the forums and found a similar person that was having a similar issue. and will try the answer they gave them, and see how it works. Other than that I am not sure how I can post it. It doesnt log me out of the app when I am on my ALTS, I can see my main. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the app a zillion times tryng to stop my main from being logged in. I dont want the app on my phone, but I dont want folks in my guild to think I am on remote chat when I dont even have the app !
So Blizz tried a forced D/C to see if that would reset it, and at first I thought it worked! /sighs Well, after the forced reset you gave me, it seemed to have helped. I was on my alts and my main was not logged onto the remote chat app. But then within about an hour, it came right back. I did not go on the app at all, I had logged off the chat (in the app) and then logged off the app itself. Its still making me show up as remote chat. I dont want to be on the remote chat (and I'm not the only one that has this issue I've seen ). I want to uninstall the app (again)...I dont want to use it, and I dont want to keep showing up in my guild as remote! arrgghh
Years later - this still occurs.