Dreaming of the farm...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 10 Next
I usually dream of things like sports cars e.c.t. Never...well once I had a dream about Warcraft I feel into Deepholm woke up a sleeping dragon named Deathwing and got banned for waking up Deathwing rofl desperately tried to explain it wasn't my fault the devs didn't make the ground strong enough to hold me up ( this was back when I was a Tauren lol ).
I'd be content if the stupid birds and virmen had loot tables. Or offered rep. Or ANYTHING other than just being irritating. Especially when you have to kill them twice just to plant one pumpkin.
I find it kind of weird how half the things do stuff and the other half doesn't.

The pesticide sprinkler system works... but I've got a dog, cat, and two scarecrows - but just as much vermin as ever?

Dogs don't do much in a vegetable farm anyway. The only time when I see dogs being useful in farms it to keep people out, and also as sheep dogs in Australia and New Zealand.

And oh, I'll like to see animal farms added. Thank you very much. :D
12/19/2012 01:08 PMPosted by Renshaw
I haven't visited my farm in a month or so. I doubt I'll go back anytime soon unless Spirit of Harmony go BOA (please?).

Please don't raise that spectre again...
I love my farm. I love that I have all of my best friends to help me with my farm. But wouldn't it be nice if...

You could jump onto Miss Fifi and stamp all the vermin out of your occupied soil.
Your dog would chase away the birds from your alluring veggies.
The chickens would lay eggs.
The pigs would...fertilize...a crop or two....

What dreams do you have?

While some of this has to do with tuning, we are considering some improvements to the farm and in this area. We might need to adjust the numbers a bit to reduce, say, Alluring over time. But we do want to make you feel that you need to tend to things regularly, even if you become more efficient in handling it. Though, perhaps we can consider allowing more crops to randomly grow without any obstacles or challenges, especially after you’ve proven your farming savvy.

This would be amazing. I usually tend to my farm between dungeon queues, and every time I'm specced/geared as a healer I get five or six crops that have vermin/birds to fight. It's aggravating, especially when this happens to me on multiple toons that are exalted with the Tillers. :/
http://mysticalos.com/images/MoP/farm_pests.jpg

honestly, i'd prefer tentacle weeds to, this.

Honestly, as a Prot Paladin, I'd prefer 5-8 pests over any number of tentacles.

Guess it just depends on what class you're doing your farming on. If you have strong AoE, then pests are no problem at all. If you don't, then I can see how they'd be an issue.
12/19/2012 01:21 PMPosted by Snowfox
I usually do them in two sections of eight. Four of them at a time is about right. Two sets of four is vastly easier than one set of eight.

as prot it doesn't matter how you do them. it's slow regardless. it's faster the more you pull at once for vengeance but ultimately that screen shot i posted was about a 5 minute fight since prot aoe is pitiful. unfortunately that char has 0 dps gear.

my other chars like this warrior though just do it fury and it's non issue then.
12/19/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Snowfox
If you decide to help us a little there.. then please give us a tool for the tentacle weeds.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ x 532530532583205325832

please
12/19/2012 01:30 PMPosted by Omegal
I usually do them in two sections of eight. Four of them at a time is about right. Two sets of four is vastly easier than one set of eight.

as prot it doesn't matter how you do them. it's slow regardless. it's faster the more you pull at once for vengeance but ultimately that screen shot i posted was about a 5 minute fight since prot aoe is pitiful. unfortunately that char has 0 dps gear.

my other chars like this warrior though just do it fury and it's non issue then.

Yeah, on my DK I just run around pulling them all. Lay down d&d and go to town.

On my priest (disc) it's a lot more annoying though - and slow. You survive pretty well, but we don't have significant aoe.

While some of this has to do with tuning, we are considering some improvements to the farm and in this area. We might need to adjust the numbers a bit to reduce, say, Alluring over time. But we do want to make you feel that you need to tend to things regularly, even if you become more efficient in handling it. Though, perhaps we can consider allowing more crops to randomly grow without any obstacles or challenges, especially after you’ve proven your farming savvy.

I can only speak for myself here, but I don't mind going to the farm each day. The harvesting is fine, the plowing is fine, the planting is fine... it's all the fighting stuff after the planting that can be less than optimally fun.

The sprinklers & pest tools - are great. The runty, stretchy vine, and simple weed - are fine too. It's the tentacle and the vermin that tend to be annoying. On my DK I aoe down all the vermin at once, on my priest it's more bothersome.

Either way though, the tentacle has to be the worst one. 11111112111111112 (and repeat).

If you decide to help us a little there.. then please give us a tool for the tentacle weeds.

Weed-B-Gone
I love my farm. I love that I have all of my best friends to help me with my farm. But wouldn't it be nice if...

You could jump onto Miss Fifi and stamp all the vermin out of your occupied soil.

What dreams do you have?

You guys really hit the mark with the farms and pet battles in this expansion. Please keep expanding on the farms. There is great potential there.

Something like a root cellar/cold storage for food storage. A fish pond to store/raise fish for cooking certain things. A fermenting area where you can put certain crops out to ferment for a while. Then collect the items to craft certain types of food. (Another chance to add more recipes.)

Bee huts would be fun too. Raise some bees, get some honey. Also being able to shear/trim the yaks and make windwool cloth from their fur every few days.

Dang, I thought of another really good idea yesterday but I can't even remember what it was. Something to do with the crops. Ah well.
I know the feeling, with 4 farms @ 16 plots each it gets tedious having to deal with virmin, wild plants and hawks all the time.
So far this week (since Sunday) I've had:

38 Occupied Soil
28 Alluring Plants
25 Wiggling Plants
34 Wild Plants

That's 34 plants that were annoying to deal with, plus an additional 91 critters I had to kill that don't even drop loot (not even a couple silver to cover repair costs).
12/19/2012 12:58 PMPosted by Ikinai
I would like to raise fish in my pond.

Love that idea! We could buy fish and stock our pond and then fish out a certain amount of nodes that appear over the course of the day. And you could change fish by buying a different kind. That would be awesome.
God after reading this I am never gona farm.. I would rather do mrore sic .. dailies...
Wish List for farm:
3. The Scarecrow we buy should be able to scare away the birds and our dog should help with the vermin.
... or the original has a base ability (say 15% or maybe 25%) to do the job (would reduce current occurance levels) and the effect is increased you get the purchaseable one too, to shave that down even more? It would give incentive to buying that extra one.
In all honesty, I thought one of the pre-built in things with having any of the farming neighbors help you watch over the farm is that they would deal with a certain crop obstacle specific to them. I remember asking Sho to watch my farm, thinking she might prvent alluring crops from popping up or perhaps even jump in and help me take out the hawks and virmin when they popped up. Was kinda disappointed. Would be nice if they contributed in some way besdies being there.
We should also be able to hearth to our farmhouse. It is after all our shared home/farm now.

What dreams do you have?

My dream is to stomp on your farm. Tear it up and make you start all over. Pvp server you know.
why doesn't the bug spray kill the bugs in my cabin?

What dreams do you have?

The spawn rate of the annoying stuff should decrease as Tiller rep increases. And even moreso as you get to best friend status with the individual tillers. It was fun pulling weeds, fighting tentacles, and killing vermin the first few weeks. Now it's really a tedious chore (especially on my non-raiding alt with terrible gear).