Elder Charm of Good Fortune on 2nd run+

Customer Support
Hello,

I have a question for which I haven't been able to find an answer. A blue response helping to clear this up would be greatly appreciated.

Can you use an Elder Charm of Good Fortune on a boss you already killed on a previous run (and are already loot locked normally) to actually win an item?

The reason I ask is because if you run a lfr a second time during the week and still have Elder Charms of Good Fortune available, when you kill a boss (one that you are loot locked to), the Elder Charm bonus roll window pops up giving you the option to roll for a chance at bonus loot.

I have used a couple coins by doing this (there is an item from the last boss in Terrace I would like on my warrior) so I have been running it multiple times a week using a charm on each kill. I have only gotten gold but I want to make sure I'm not just throwing away my charms for an auto-win on gold or if there really is a chance I could receive an item.

I have heard people tell conflicting answers (some say they have gotten loot this way, others claim it's impossible to get loot this way).

Any blue response would be greatly appreciated (and help me save from just throwing out my Elder Charms on gold rolls each week).

Thanks!
yes, you can win an item from any bonus roll, 2nd or otherwise.

i think it's a pretty common rumor that you can only win gold on a 2nd roll, but that setup would be so ridiculously terrible when you think about it that the outcry would've been huge long ago if it were true.
yes, you can win an item from any bonus roll, 2nd or otherwise.

i think it's a pretty common rumor that you can only win gold on a 2nd roll, but that setup would be so ridiculously terrible when you think about it that the outcry would've been huge long ago if it were true.

That's what I'm hoping, I'd hate to think my charms were getting wasted as all I've seen is gold from doing that so far =p

I just keep reading conflicting information about how it works (someone even copy/pasted a supposed GM reply stating you could only win gold by using a charm in this way) so was unsure which was true.
Ive gotten a few pieces of armor from useing those bonus rolls not just gold. Mostly gold but on the rare occassion it has been the armor
It would still be nice to have an official blue response if possible.
I used all 3 Elder Charms on Sha of Fear this week so far on 3 different lfr Terrace runs.

Just want a blue confirmation that I am getting legitimate rolls for items out of it and not just wasting them on auto gold rolls.

Thanks!
Any blue help please.

It's painful running Terrace lfr three times a week on this one character, not knowing if the 2nd and 3rd times are even giving me a chance with my Charms.
I think that this is what you're looking for Unbreakable:
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7415154891#7
Last week, I received the staff from Lei Shi on my second run through Terrace LFR. I used coins on both runs.

You can absolutely use coins and receive loot even when you are no longer eligible for regular looting.
12/28/2012 12:46 PMPosted by Unbreakable
It's painful running Terrace lfr three times a week on this one character, not knowing if the 2nd and 3rd times are even giving me a chance with my Charms.

If you have the option to roll and use an Elder Charm, Unbreakable, that roll also gives a chance for loot from that boss.
Well, what I'm asking is a bit different.

I know how the Charm rolls work.

What I'm wondering is, when I run the same lfr more than once a lockout, can I use the Charm on the same boss multiple times.

For example:

I ran Terrace lfr three times this lockout. I used 1 Elder Charm each of the three times I killed the Sha of Fear. Am I getting legitimate roll the second and third time I kill him (even though I'm supposedly loot locked to that boss)?

I'm asking because the following reasons:

1) I have not heard or seen anyone winning an item from these rolls after being loot locked to the boss.

2) I have read people making claims that using a Charm on a loot locked boss is basically throwing away the charm (i.e. an auto-gold roll). There was even a supposed GM reply to someone stating this.

3) I have better things to do than run a full lfr 3 times each lockout, only to be throwing away Charms with no chance of receiving anything.
12/28/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Vrakthris

If you have the option to roll and use an Elder Charm, Unbreakable, that roll also gives a chance for loot from that boss.

Alright, thanks for the reply. I will continue to be running Terrace lfr 3 times a week =)

(Was typing that other post as it went up lol)
12/28/2012 12:56 PMPosted by Vrakthris

Has this changed recently, vrakthris? I have a support ticket that told me quite clearly otherwise.
12/28/2012 01:43 PMPosted by Kahlly
Has this changed recently, vrakthris? I have a support ticket that told me quite clearly otherwise.

There has been come confusion on the subject, and there was a bug that was preventing some from receiving anything when the charm was used. Which likely continued the confusion.

Using the Charm should provide you with a chance at loot, the default reward being gold, even if you have already completed the encounter for the week.
Thanks for the clarification! good to know.