Blinding Light in 5.2

Paladin
01/16/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Agincourt
Ok man, you are relentless and you win. All my fault and you can cut my head off. Happy now?

Well, he wasn't the person who jumped the gun to yell at Blizzard for making a "nerf" without bothering to look at even the second topic on the page to clarify the change.. All the info was *right there*. Topics like this just incite panic towards people who don't regularly check those news. :\

As for the Blinding Light change to Holy, well...I have to admit, they're really, really strong to fight against, and having Blinding Light on top of how much offensive pressure and healing output they could put out was starting to make me tear my hair out when I fought one in the open.

At least they didn't give Hammer of Justice a cast time, like some people were afraid of. That would have been dumb.
This Blinding light "nerf" will not do anything to paladin cc chains.

This "nerf" only hurts us defensively and everyone who is qq'n now will still be qq'n come 5.2.

Also instant flash of light is back for holy /cheer
I wish we still had some form of hungering cold, yes was it a good peel when it was instant, and annoying when it was cast(but had to stand still)

But it gave us an option and since we got locked out of frost if interrupted it was a risk, it made you think if you could get it off or if there was something better to use. sadly they took it away instead of reworking it and making it like Blinding Light.

fast forward to today the nerf cant come as a shock and don't be shocked if one day you lose it all together like we did. sucks cause i really do miss my version of it even with the cast time. enjoy it till they decide you cant even have it.

Where is this? I can't find anything in patch notes about instant FoL for holy

Where is this? I can't find anything in patch notes about instant FoL for holy

Change to Selfless Healer - now gains stacks off of Holy Shock in addition to Judgment.
01/16/2013 04:48 PMPosted by Agincourt
Ok man, you are relentless and you win. All my fault and you can cut my head off. Happy now?

You could have just said "Oh snap I didn't see that there, silly me. Thanks for pointing it out."
But nope, typical Agin, throwing dung at GC, ret pallies, and pretty much anyone else who corrects him or doesn't agree.

You are the only reason I come to the Paladin forums.
Agincourt can't find anything to whine about in the way of Ret viability, so he whines about Holy instead. Seems legit.
Post time stamps, people - CHECK THEM!!
Repent, HoJ and Blind are all on differen't DR's.

It's a required nerf imo. Paladin's have too much control.
The irony is this the Blinding Light change was part of their pass at "Defensive CCs." Now they've turned it into a tool that Holy can *only* use offensively.
Love the nerf to BL for Holy. Yes, I play Ret. o:)
Man, a thread bump?

THANKS GHOSTCRAWLER!
I hate you blizzard. QQ. As I posted last night, If the cast time is not reduced, or something done to balance this change, I have no reason to play my paladin. It's no fun being the main target and not having that peel. I really don't like any other class. I may just drop sub...
I agree the cast time is ridiculousness. If it is going to have a timer then make the radius larger.

Having a cast time and you are required to be within 10 yards of the people you are trying CC is retarded. It's like you are running to them and asking them to get ready for an interrupt because you're about to cast a CC on them. OR maybe make it uninterruptable though everyone has stuns these days.
I hate you blizzard. QQ. As I posted last night, If the cast time is not reduced, or something done to balance this change, I have no reason to play my paladin. It's no fun being the main target and not having that peel. I really don't like any other class. I may just drop sub...

Holy was the best PvP healer in 5.1. Maybe you got used to being OP?

Having a cast time and you are required to be within 10 yards of the people you are trying CC is retarded. It's like you are running to them and asking them to get ready for an interrupt because you're about to cast a CC on them. OR maybe make it uninterruptable though everyone has stuns these days.

You can still HoJ > Repentance > Blinding Light, no DR. The difference is your target's teammates can now actually break up this monstrous CC chain.

This is why Ghostcrawler is ruining the game. There should be no "best," it should be relatively even. PvP healers take turns being OP every patch.

Been Playing holy PVP since cata TYVM. They were great even BEFORE blinding light. But why does blizzard give us something so cool and take it away. :( It's still perfectly viable to use for an offensive cc, but as a peel it gets interrupted 75% of the time. unless you're fighting idiots.