no ret changes for 5.2 yet? need some QOL

Paladin
01/11/2013 01:45 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
Unbreakable spirit is not the least used talent in the tree for ret, at least not for Raiding, why wouldnt you want your def cooldowns or LOH on shorter cooldowns?

Yeah, but in PvE its not really such a big deal to refresh Inquisition. On the PvP side on the story however..

Clemency its an option that most ret paladins and even holy paladins are gonna pick for PvP (since it really hasnt much use for rpally other than using HoP twice - which is very situational, in PvE), its a much more broad option than Hand of Purity or Unbreakable Spirit, while I doubt someone uses it on PvP constantly, considering how limited they both are.
Stop fighting, we're all paladins working for the same thing, a buff in our class

01/11/2013 08:53 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
I think our aoe is fine except for the fact that HoTR needs a target to be usable, needs to have that requirement removed.

Truest thing ever. I feel so useless on Lei Shi's hide phase =(
01/11/2013 05:12 PMPosted by Syros
Unbreakable spirit is not the least used talent in the tree for ret, at least not for Raiding, why wouldnt you want your def cooldowns or LOH on shorter cooldowns?

Yeah, but in PvE its not really such a big deal to refresh Inquisition. On the PvP side on the story however..

Clemency its an option that most ret paladins and even holy paladins are gonna pick for PvP (since it really hasnt much use for rpally other than using HoP twice - which is very situational, in PvE), its a much more broad option than Hand of Purity or Unbreakable Spirit, while I doubt someone uses it on PvP constantly, considering how limited they both are.

It is an annoyance to keep up on the pvp side.
I dont think ret we will see many changes when 5.2 goes live, they feel ret is to highly represented in current pvp . In order to allow the rets population to die down they will leave the spec less then efficient. Once the FoTms roll rogues, monks & spriest i think a few weeks in2 the patch we'll get steamrolled, then see some healing changes in our favor.
Single target i think we are sitting alright, not top, but comfortable. It's still quite bursty at times, but all in all we aren't that far from the rest. AoE feels weak, both the ramp up time with inquisition and how lackluster SoR is with a lower number of targets really limits our effectiveness.

And HotR needing a target is very, very painful...
01/11/2013 01:33 PMPosted by Paladinchaz
We also generate our 'combo points' faster than rogues do, so its less of a concern for us to have the resources to recast it than rogues.

Meh, my Rogue gets combo points faster than my Paladin does, especially in a raid setting. And Slice & Dice lasts longer to boot (Savage Roar lasts even longer, but that's just random info).

A longer lasting Inquisition would be nice, even if it was 6 seconds longer, like it was in Cataclysm.