Open Libram LXIV: Tales of the Bold

Paladin
Prev 1 19 20 21 26 Next
01/18/2013 12:55 AMPosted by Lobster
Kalecgos like dem human wimminz~

Well she technically wasn't human but yeah now that he's moved on to Jaina I guess you could say that.

Must be dem hipz.

01/18/2013 01:01 AMPosted by Jackishi
A lot of uproar about the latest PvP gear change... no more 2200 rating requirements. This seems...interesting.

As a casual PVPer I support the change wholeheartedly.
Well she technically wasn't human but yeah now that he's moved on to Jaina I guess you could say that.

When you think about it, Anveena was technically this:

http://theinfosphere.org/Energy_being

But yeah, Kalecgos likes his women thick and juicy (and apparently chock full o' Arcane Energy when you look at his tastes).

01/18/2013 01:05 AMPosted by Cadenbrie
As a casual PVPer I support the change wholeheartedly.

I do too, in a way. I like that it balances the playing field a little bit, it's just that I feel bad for the people who grind 2200 for the Elite gear (recolors, not the weapons - I hope they never do another Elite tier set of weapons with different stats again). There's actually quite a bit of enviable prestige to be had with the gear, and while technically the better players will still get em faster, I always held them analagous to the Challenge Mode gear. Even now, you still don't see very many rocking those out.

But then again, lol Transmog.
A lot of uproar about the latest PvP gear change... no more 2200 rating requirements. This seems...interesting.

It had to happen, IMO. The t2 gear, pvp gearing process, and the huge disparity with the pvp gear iLVL in general was one of the major shortcomings of the entire pvp system. It's a good reason why many people do not take part in it (the amount of grinding needed to participate).

They can easily provide other tangible rewards for the 2200 snowflake crowd. For a large portion of the playerbase, this is one of the best things Blizz has done since LFR.
I don't really like the PvP changes. It doesn't really make getting into PvP any easier then it is right now.
01/18/2013 03:55 AMPosted by Shiralia
I don't really like the PvP changes. It doesn't really make getting into PvP any easier then it is right now.

Currently there's Dreadful, Malev, and double upgraded Malev. Next season's equivalent will be Malev, Tyrannical, and elite Tyrannical. Apparently the difference between Malev and elite Tyrannical will be the same as the diff between Dreadful and Malev (not double upgraded Malev). That's great.

Then there's the mid-season catch-up. Players who starts week 10 will have an additional 10,000 conquest points added to their cap. If I understand correctly, players who miss their games basically get a free, stacking 1k points each week.

These changes aren't all about catch-up mechanics, either. I think it's awesome that, given enough time, anyone can get tier 2 weapons. Cy@ later, scummy 2.2k boosters. How about the rating inflation which makes it so players can't sit on Glad a couple weeks into the season (often "earned" with a spec that was OP for the first few weeks of the season).

I really don't see how you dislike these changes. The only thing I think is missing is more cosmetic stuff for top-end players. Titles and Glad mounts are starting to feel a little lacking.

Currently there's Dreadful, Malev, and double upgraded Malev. Next season's equivalent will be Malev, Tyrannical, and elite Tyrannical. Apparently the difference between Malev and elite Tyrannical will be the same as the diff between Dreadful and Malev (not double upgraded Malev). That's great.

Then there's the mid-season catch-up. Players who starts week 10 will have an additional 10,000 conquest points added to their cap. If I understand correctly, players who miss their games basically get a free, stacking 1k points each week.

These changes aren't all about catch-up mechanics, either. I think it's awesome that, given enough time, anyone can get tier 2 weapons. Cy@ later, scummy 2.2k boosters. How about the rating inflation which makes it so players can't sit on Glad a couple weeks into the season (often "earned" with a spec that was OP for the first few weeks of the season).

I really don't see how you dislike these changes. The only thing I think is missing is more cosmetic stuff for top-end players. Titles and Glad mounts are starting to feel a little lacking.

Definitely better then this season, true. But I wish they would have done well... More.

I was hoping for the gear grind to take a lot less time. But, from what I can tell about these changes, it will only make the gear grind more time consuming.

PvP shouldn't really have a gear grind. I wish Blizzard would stop treating PvP gear like they treat PvE gear in this game.
01/17/2013 08:12 PMPosted by Grôgnárd

So much Jelly.

Don't be; I only just got Internet back. FU, fluffy white precipitation!

I had my internet/phone go down 20 minutes before raid invites :(

Although it was up first thing this morning. I don't envy the linemen that had to fix it.

Meh, the gear disparities this season are really dumb. The cosmetic elite gear I can somewhat sympathize with, even as much as I've really envied how good they look compared to the regular stuff.

But the weapon differences add a really stupid gear choke point for anyone trying to hit 2200. Or even 1800, considering all the carries up to that point and subsequent kicks back down in rating.

01/18/2013 04:58 AMPosted by Shiralia
PvP shouldn't really have a gear grind. I wish Blizzard would stop treating PvP gear like they treat PvE gear in this game.

I agree. The gear grind is the biggest offender in trouble entering mid season. Even the crafted gear is an extremely poor starting point.
Joined a halfassed HoF guild run and 1/2 the people died during attenuation
Morning Pally Crew

Reading the PVP gear changes, actually sounds like a good idea

..Carry me when I get there? >_>

Haha funny enough I was top damage and kills in both of the BGs, in my pve gear, rets terrible yo
Since trade chat didn't help that much. What new.

I pull 50k dps on raider test dummy, one GoAK and it last 5 mins. My gear level is at 485. Is there anyway I can improve.
Your gemming sucks; that gear level, you really ought to be focusing on gemming haste and you should always have been matching your sockets. In your prismatic belt slot and you pants socket, put Bold JC gems, Quick yellows in all your yellow sockets, and Lightning green gems in your blue sockets; if you get another red socket, move a JC gem there and put a Quick in the prismatic belt socket.

However, dummy's are not good places to measure your DPS as you lack buffs/debuffs, don't have to worry about fight mechanics, and you may have made the mistake of fighting in front of the dummy which means you're subject to parries. Also, five minutes isn't really long enough to properly bleed out RNG; ten minutes is what I do when I'm testing on dummies. It could be rotational, too.

And most importantly, pick a transmog and do it up right - the half'n'half is an eyesore! >_<
Man so much QQ over the PVP gear changes.

People actually have to fight on equal footing now and actually let skill come into play

The horror.
people who think that the reward for doing very well in pvp should be that they are magnitudes stronger than all of their opponents (real or potential) are stupid. you can't claim that pvp is largely a test of player skill when you can just blast through any player who hasn't been competing the entire season after a month or so by virtue of your superior gear.
Been playing Dark Souls lately.

All I can say is, I HATE GARGOYLES.

That is all.
Oh man my jimmies on the arena forums. "Nubs can get 2200 gear now, how can i be kewl".
you should tell them that having a purple eyepatch is a good way to start!
Yay it's actually kinda chilly now.

But rain instead of snow, chilly sad rain.

:(

01/18/2013 01:22 AMPosted by Jackishi
When you think about it, Anveena was technically this:

An energy being with the option of a physical body for the funz times.

Really I'd like to see Anveena brought back, I always thought her loosing her consciousness just because she returned to the original form of the Sunwell was meh.

Maybe an Anveena/M'uru hybrid. Anveena with angel wings! :O

A being with a mixture of Arcane and Light based powers, now that would make the old school hardcore Ally Pallies flip their wigs. They used to see Mages as essentially demons.

But with Jaina hitting up Kalec that's not gonna happen, that would be an interesting cat fight though.

I like Jaina but pretty sure a living manifestation of a part of the original Well of Eternity created by the Titans would be able to swing her right off Dalaran by her crazy hair.

Ah lore talkz, where has Art wandered off too again.....

01/18/2013 09:08 AMPosted by Aglaea
Oh man my jimmies on the arena forums. "Nubs can get 2200 gear now, how can i be kewl".

Essentially the same thing raiders were saying when LFR hit, although I don't think these changes quite equate to LFR, but Light forbid other people be able to see the content you're able to see.

Or have a fighting chance in PVP in this case.
01/18/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

Blasphemy!
01/18/2013 09:16 AMPosted by Martana
you should tell them that having a purple eyepatch is a good way to start!

Gives me an excuse for having tunnel vision.

01/18/2013 09:46 AMPosted by Cadenbrie

Here in WoW? HA!