Open Libram LXIV: Tales of the Bold

Paladin
Prev 1 20 21 22 26 Next
i thought tunneling healers and cc chains was how you won in pvp anyway.
01/18/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Aglaea
Gives me an excuse for having tunnel vision.

lol
01/18/2013 10:29 AMPosted by Martana
i thought tunneling healers and cc chains was how you won in pvp anyway.

For a lot of people it is, unfortunately.
I wish I could say this would get me interested in PVP

But next season's gear looks terrible, and after last night, doing the legendary quests, further confirms my apathy towards PVP
01/18/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Paladinchaz
But next season's gear looks terrible
At least it isn't Toilet Bowl Crusader part 2.
01/18/2013 11:40 AMPosted by Karob
But next season's gear looks terrible

And I will be staying with S11 gear.
I think the changes are pretty good, it's really going to depend what the ilvls come down to but the amount of freaking out from people other than the obvious carries/carriers is hilarious. I don't know what literacy has come down to when so many people can read that as free gear for everyone. As someone who has mostly hit the base cap every week.. I am just at 27k conquest earned this week.

People who got to 2200 legitimatelyish early for weapons have had two months of a large gear advantage. That's a fairly decent separation and one that roughly mirrors the pve separations. About the time I would be getting into T2, real T2 people will be moving on to T3.

The ones who are taking their T2 as some kind of serious achievement need to go look at the US RBG ladders and see how much of a joke it is, and the US one is the least corrupted.
Funny seeing how a facet of the PVP community really is.

Its pretty sad.
It'll be fun seeing how high my Conquest cap gets by the end of the season, since I can only very rarely be bothered to cap Conquest.
01/18/2013 11:45 AMPosted by Shiralia

And I will be staying with S11 gear.
Season 11 gear is one of my favorites.

I wish I had the elite gear from it.
01/18/2013 01:19 PMPosted by Karob
I wish I had the elite gear from it.

Yea, too bad this change isnt retroactive haha.
Funny seeing how a facet of the PVP community really is.

Its pretty sad.

PVE community has it's own facet that's just as bad, to be fair.

01/18/2013 02:11 PMPosted by Covahredro
"Suffer not the which to live", You must not preserve a sorceress alive.

Old witch trial stuff is what they were going for likely, early Warcraft Paladins borrowed a lot from archaic Christian views.

But this is never really shown in game, mostly in some of the oldest WoW novels. Only one I can recall seeing this in at the moment was "Day of the Dragon" and that was released a good bit before WoW.
Need to get around to capping my valor for the week, healing is a faster queue, but dam the DPS I get are bad...

How viable do you think it would be to queue heals as ret with battle healer?
01/18/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Darthelm
How viable do you think it would be to queue heals as ret with battle healer?

probably depends on how well geared and competent the tank is.
Glyph Flash of Light and Word of Glory, spec Selfless Healer, and act like a real healer with some instant-cast badassery.
Old witch trial stuff is what they were going for likely, early Warcraft Paladins borrowed a lot from archaic Christian views.

But this is never really shown in game, mostly in some of the oldest WoW novels. Only one I can recall seeing this in at the moment was "Day of the Dragon" and that was released a good bit before WoW.

There are some thematic elements of RL witch hunts, yeah. But also (depending on the writer), arcane magic is inherently addictive and corrupting. The use of arcane magic has endangered all of Azeroth not just once, but multiple times.
Considering this, it isn't particularly surprising that some characters (Paladin or otherwise) would see any arcane magic user as dangerously arrogant, playing with forces beyond their control. There's a nice blurb in the Sword & Sorcery WoW book from whenever ago that is quite explicit about it: arcane magic users continue their incredibly dangerous practices and believe they're in control because they are literally addicted, and like all addicts, they are wrong.

...now, as I said, this depends on the writer, and it's open to some interpretation. It also seems to have been downplayed in more recent years. Personally I'm totally OK with having a spectrum from "responsible use of magic" to "you're literally a warlock", but there is some in-universe justification for seeing mages in the same light.