Open Libram LXIV: Tales of the Bold

Paladin
Prev 1 6 7 8 26 Next
Yea, random vehicle mechanics are bad, because you could get it all the time, or you could never get it. And if you never get it, its bad for the raid.

I like planned vehicle mechanics (putricide) because that way the vehicle doesnt have the potential to screw your raid as bad.

Found out something interesting on Sha of Fear last night though, apparently if you dont have a tank in the wall, you can pop in an bubble, and he'll still focus you and attack you with bubble on

Saved the raid when all 3 of our tanks (3 tanks on 25 man ick) were on a platform and needed the wall up for Fear.
I've been considering that as well, but I'm worried about losing a potential cd rotation when we're already bumping up against enrage.
01/14/2013 11:14 AMPosted by Lobster
On that fight I pop cooldowns as they come up, mindful of transitions. Between transitions she almost always has a good window to stand and DPS. I try to keep something available for Get Away if I think it's very soon but I won't sit on a cooldown for long, especially since the transitions can be random.

Unless its hide, where we stand around being useless.
01/14/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

its a great time to practice your dance movies.
01/14/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Vladja

its a great time to practice your dance movies.

It's the only boss that can make me say "I wish I were a panda."
01/14/2013 08:28 AMPosted by Grôgnárd
Tennessee has the worst drivers in the US. Seriously. Thought my dad was joking the first time I went there, but, man, you cross the border and even the people that drove over it in traffic with you completely lose all concept of sane and rational driving practices.

Eh, DC and Pennsylvania drivers are worse. Tennessee drivers are only especially stupid when it's raining. Most of them seem to thing rain means it's time to speed up. And heaven help you if it's snowing.
Never really seen much of a problem from DC drivers, but I haven't done a lot of driving there; last I was in DC, I used the Metro. LOL

For snow, it's either NC or Arkansas drivers. In NC, it so seldom snows people literally seem to forget what to do. And Arkansas drivers are just stupid to begin with.

Still say Tennessee's got the worst. Been there when it's raining, been there when it's a blistering 105 in the shade...Just happy I've never been through when it's snowing. LOL
01/14/2013 02:06 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
In NC, it so seldom snows people literally seem to forget what to do.

You might as well declare a state of emergency when it snows here in NC, schools shutdown and businesses close all for an inch or two.

Yet everyone is up and running all jolly like during Hurricane weather. XD
Eh, they've gotten better with the snow thing - at least around here. I remember back in '06, big blizzard, schools were open and it was a nightmare getting through town. Juked about three accidents from people who forgot to take snowy/icy roads a bit more carefully than mere rainy roads; actually jumped a curb and drove about thirty feet on the snow-covered sidewalk to avoid an accident.

And then my professor had the nerve to gripe at me for being late. I laughed, aced the test, left early.
i remember when i was in college i had a roommate who was texan, she had driven her truck up from texas but had nooooo idea how to drive in snow, let alone that she had to put snow tires on her truck during the winter. she ran it into several snow drifts and ditches and i had to tow it out with my old station wagon.

you silly people from where it doesn't snow.
01/14/2013 02:54 PMPosted by Vladja
you silly people from where it doesn't snow.

It used to snow here - curse you, global warming!
01/14/2013 02:56 PMPosted by Grôgnárd
global warming

I refuse to acknowledge it. :D
Global warming doesn't exist, it's "climate change" and that happens even when there aren't humans. If it didn't, there'd be dinosaurs.
01/14/2013 03:55 PMPosted by Cayse
Global warming doesn't exist, it's "climate change" and that happens even when there aren't humans. If it didn't, there'd be dinosaurs.

"Global warming" refers to the average annual temperatures rising. Expecting it to be warmer all the time is about like expecting a weather forecast percentage to indicate how much rain will come down that day, rather than the percentile chance of that happening from the given cloud cover.

Sudden climate change usually seems to happen with a globally catastrophic event. Granted, we probably won't realize the impact of human involvement in the climate change until about the time we run low on fossil fuels.
All I know is I get much less snow than I used to. Before, there were snowbanks to shoulder height that stayed around for months, no they rarely get past the waist and melt away before they can get built up more.
01/14/2013 04:31 PMPosted by Elidra
All I know is I get much less snow than I used to. Before, there were snowbanks to shoulder height that stayed around for months, no they rarely get past the waist and melt away before they can get built up more.

Exactly. Global warming at work. My birthday's next month, and I do vaguely remember a white birthday or two from my childhood; but now, it's 70 degrees in frickin' January.