Spirit of Competition pet

Pet Battles
01/07/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Treeshadow
What defines the line in the sand

For this particular pet the line is, to get this pet you had to log in during a specific time and perform a specific task.

If it were sellable this would defeat the purpose of having a unique pet such as this.

01/07/2013 10:03 AMPosted by Treeshadow
Any pet that is non-tradeable must be deleted, then?

Do so if you wish its yours.
Also, as far as earning a pet / gaining an achievement in a time-sensitive way:

I earned Reeking Pet Carrier on multiple chracters before MoP was released. I currently have one (1) "Stinker" skunk in my pet tab.

Why?

Here's the answer I received in an email from a GM, after inquiring via an in-game ticket last week:

" No one gets multiples of those pets. They are the exact same breed and build so having more than one would do no good."

So, maybe they have it in the back of their minds to some day make the Competition pet tradeable...? I hope so.
you can try and add a suggestion to have this pet be obtainable on the next winter/summer Olympics if they feel like it. gives another chance at those pets.
01/07/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Gistene
you can try and add a suggestion to have this pet be obtainable on the next winter/summer Olympics if they feel like it. gives another chance at those pets.

2012 Olympics came and went. The issue already came up, was answered as a "nay", and no new pet was added to the game.

If they want, they could make it so only people who actually acquired the Tabard for this pet back then could be the ones to buy it / receive it now. That's how they've done it since changing the currency at Brewfest after the first year, from Brewfest Prize Ticket to Brewfest Prize Token, and changing how players gained those 2 rams:

200 x Brewfest Prize Ticket ---> "Honorary Brewer" Hand Stamp ---> the ability to purchase Brewfest Ram and Swift Brewfest Ram.

The 2 rams used to have a speed difference (60% & 100%, respectively). Also, the vendor for the Rams was kept in the game for many years, meaning anyone who had their hand stamped in Brewfest 2007 could buy whatever Ram for in-game gold any year after that.

As far as I know, nobody (or very few people) complained that that feature was left in the game.

Going back to the topic of this thread: Having gained the Spirit of Competition tabard is traceable, because it awarded a feat of strength. If anyone wants to be nit-picky, make it so only people who gained the tabard back then can acquire the Spirit of Competition pet now.
How are you sitting on 6?

All of mine were merged into one, they're labeled Unique.

I for one, want the Vampiric Batlings to be tradeable. I have 3 extras. -.-;
Easy enough to armory my alts that acquired each (all on Trollbane realm):

Treeshadow
Gentledawn
Villencia
(Koldknock didn't get it)
Xenthra
Lightness
Twangle

Tree and Gentle each got the vampiric batling. I forgot to turn in the final quest for the entire event, so Gentle never got her Monster Slayer's Kit quest reward.

There are other bats in Tirisfal area: you have to use a flying mount to get there, but they're to the west of Deathknell, in an area walled off from the rest.

Treeshadow
Gentledawn
Villencia
Xenthra
Lightness
Twangle

Tree and Gentle each got the vampiric batling. I forgot to turn in the final quest for the entire event, so Gentle never got her Monster Slayer's Kit quest reward.

There are other bats in Tirisfal area: you have to use a flying mount to get there, but they're to the west of Deathknell, in an area walled off from the rest.

Not quite sure what the heck you're referring to.

The Spirits are Unique, they were all merged into 1 when the account-wide pets went through. If you have 6, that's a bug.

Treeshadow
Gentledawn
Villencia
Xenthra
Lightness
Twangle

The Spirits are Unique, they were all merged into 1 when the account-wide pets went through. If you have 6, that's a bug.

I named my alts off in order to show I did indeed earn six.

Name your alts.

My point? Just making sure I'm not getting trolled.
also all those are still obtainable in game..

the few achivement mounts that were removed i belive are not obtainable via BMAH

The Black and Plagued Proto-Drakes were added to the list of potential black market auctions in 5.1.

If they want, they could make it so only people who actually acquired the Tabard for this pet back then could be the ones to buy it / receive it now. That's how they've done it since changing the currency at Brewfest after the first year, from Brewfest Prize Ticket to Brewfest Prize Token, and changing how players gained those 2 rams:

The difference is that you had to have the hand stamp to get the mounts. The tabard was irrelevant to acquiring the pet. You could have tossed it away immediately after getting it and still be able to get the pet.
No need to check your alts

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/trollbane/Treeshadow/pet#status=is-collected&filter=com is pretty much proof in itself. ( Just typing in Comp in the search bar)

On that note, WTB :( I was one of the unlucky ones that didn't get one & would give just about anything for one.

I named my alts off in order to show I did indeed earn six.

Name your alts.

My point? Just making sure I'm not getting trolled.

Reinhilde was not trolling you. S/he was just simply mistaken, although I question that too considering they said theirs were merged into one. Anyway, I too thought it would have been a bug due to a unique tag but I just checked and the spirit of competition indeed does not have one. Seems like an oversight honestly and would probably be fixed rather than making yours tradable.

In regards to the Reeking Pet Carrier you can only get one because Stinker is labeled as Unique. No one can ever earn that achievement more than once anymore due to the pet journal and pets being account wide. That GM response you received makes me raise an eyebrow since you can catch multiple pets that are the same build and breed.

The best example you can use to help in your argument for getting this pet tradeable is the warbot. It was for a promotion in the US a while back and now everyone has access to it via a vendor.
01/07/2013 08:47 AMPosted by Yei
Except, the pets and mounts on the BMAH are obtainable ingame via other means still. The Spirit of Competition isn't available by any means at all anymore.

Reins of the Plagued Proto-Drake says hello.
I got the tarbard and pet and why would anyone want to trade this pet it's very awesome and i havent seen anyone with the tarbard and pet on any server for awhile and im still trying to figure out how many people have the tarbard and pet so if anyone can tell me that it would be awesome or a estament.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Folks, please be mindful of the date on a thread and do not resurrect/bump it if it is fairly old. If you wish provide feedback on a topic or participate in a discussion create your own or find one that is recent. This thread will now be locked.