Err... ilvl 486 requirement for TK LFR?

General Discussion
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
I'm a VERY casual non-raider (and a bad as well) and sit at ilevel 486.

Barring dreadful luck. I can't see how anyone would have a problem getting i486. Believe me, if I can do it, anyone can. :)

You have Rep gear as I do, so our opinions are invalid

What the real argument is about is being able to hit 486 without doing any dailies (because they've been stated as optional) which, while possible, is more difficult.

Except that you can get honored with klaxxi just by questing, and maybe one set of dailies. You then unlock i489 items that can be upgraded to i497 and you are over the ilevel req.

Or you upgrade a couple of i483 items to i491 and you are over the limit. If you run all the LFRs each week then once every 4 weeks you can upgrade an item.

Or when 5.2 launches you run some 5 mans and upgrade your lfr gear with JP (assuming that change is brought in) or buy i489 rep items for JP assuming they have the rep requirements removed (which would make sense).
01/08/2013 10:36 AMPosted by Mandek

Don't expect this system to remain, just saying.

That may happen with the rep gear only. I do not expect Tier gear to become valor or justice ever.

I don't see any reason for current rep valor gear to drop to justice either, though that wasn't the point I was trying to make, which is just because something worked one way in the past doesn't mean it will continue to work the same way in the future.
01/08/2013 02:31 AMPosted by Secondtime
How are you not at least 485 even with zero normal gear?

You know, the part where DPS have queues that last longer than the dungeon?

One PvP neck from Sha, 1 sword from the Horseman, a ring and shoulders from heroics. Since 15 October.

What?
01/08/2013 10:16 AMPosted by Oakshado
MSV 460. HoF/ToES 470. TK 480?

Seems a solid guess. I'd wager it to be accurate.
I'm still wondering how you're supposed to fill 14 gear slots from LFR when drop rates are notoriously low. It seems that the loot tables are similar to those found in heroics, but those have a daily reset, so you'll have about 30 chances a month to get that one rare piece of gear. With LFR, the lockout is weekly, so you have about 4 chances per month to get a piece from any given boss.

A friend of mine, Xiuying on Proudmoore, has gotten 7 gear drops from LFR since the expansion went live. 3 of them were the same piece of gear off the same boss. The more I look, the more I find stories like this. It was a good idea, but it's not working. If new people are expected to gear up from LFR,t hen by the time they get done with 5.2 LFR, the next expansion will be released.

Valor and crafting is not a viable solution, either. From what I've read, the valor gear we have now is all we're getting. There will be no valor gear to help get into any raids save for HoF and MSV, thus making Valor all but useless after those raids. Crafting is a huge problem because in WoW, if people can over-charge for gear and mats, they will. I'm not willing to spend 10-20K to get one piece of gear 5 levels higher than the one I've got.

And my anecdotal evidence says otherwise. I have a main and 4 alts that I have gotten close to 480 and a little help from the sha to go over.
Yep lets fire the designers for a slight number change on a public TEST realm in the starting week of this TEST enviroment which ISN'T LIVE and won't be for MONTHS.

Yeh lets ruin peoples life over that.

where you current choking on the shaft of stupidity when you decided to type?

To add on top of that, this isn't just "a slightly harder raid" it's a whole new tier. The ilvl gap between T11 and T12 was 19 ilvls and the Valor upgrade/rep gear/lfr is more or less a different version of ZA/ZG to close that gap.

Let's assume 5.2 isn't coming out until late March (very wild assumption on my part) that gives people at least 8k valor if they cap before the tier is out. Even as a "casual" player you should be able to valor cap one character (if you are an altaholic, this is obviously different) by doing LFR and a few dailies peppered here and there. Heck maybe even pug the first four bosses of MSV normal and/or one or two bosses in HoF. 485 isn't so far.

One PvP neck from Sha, 1 sword from the Horseman, a ring and shoulders from heroics. Since 15 October.

What?

You also don't have a single LFR kill. So you want to skip to the new tier without even going over the LFR previous tier?

Yep lets fire the designers for a slight number change on a public TEST realm in the starting week of this TEST enviroment which ISN'T LIVE and won't be for MONTHS.

Yeh lets ruin peoples life over that.

where you current choking on the shaft of stupidity when you decided to type?

I think the designers need to be fired anyways! Look at all the stupid !@#$ they put out in this expansion which they were told in beta testing that it was a horrible idea.

Perception reading is a hard thing for brainless retard like you!

Just because a few people complained on the forums does not mean it was not QQ over them not liking something new.

What?

Don't like the queues for DPS, then Run scenarios. Instant queues and have a chance at the 450/463/476 from the chest at the end. This char has never set foot in a dungeon (head/legs/neck are from scenarios, had a couple others that were replaced). It took all of an afternoon to get high enough ilevel for MSV.
Theres quite a big chance that 5.2 LFR will be a complete failure by a series of reasons, first the higher ilevel requirement (even if it does not end up beeing 486) whithout a fast catch up mechanic will restrict the number of ppl avaliable for ToT LFRs, also actual normal mode/heroic raiders wont do LFR at all, my ilevel is curent 496 and Im 6/16 heroic, I plan to continue progressing and if things go moderatedly well Ill probably go into 5.2 at 500+ theres no way in the world ToT LFR will drop itens with an ilevel over 500, so I simply will never queu for it, and so will basicaly every other raider reducing the pool of ppl doing them even further.
01/08/2013 10:37 AMPosted by Amaer
You say that like we all have the gear to get into LFR.

So you do Heroics and BAM! there you are.

I'm to a point where I don't even bother with dailies or dungeons anymore

Oh, well, nevermind then. But seriously... you're complaining that you can't get into 5.2 tier material without doing the 5.1 tier first?
Did anyone think that maybe they only wanted 486+ ilvl people to test the LFR content before they lower it? Not sure why it would matter but they have done weirder things.
01/08/2013 09:27 AMPosted by Caali
There may be no added valor gear, so the current valor gear may not be down graded.

I estimate a near zero chance of that. Blizzard has already said that the item upgrade system will NOT be available for the 5.2 raid gear, which means the ONLY thing to spend Valor on will be gear. Why would the keep awarding us VP and not give us anything to spend it on. With the ilvl req for LFR being 486, it's a safe bet that the existing 489 Valor gear would not me an attractive VP dump for raiders. They need to give us SOMETHING to spend VP on and since they aren't letting us upgrade items, my money's on new VP gear.
Some people see challenges where others only see problems.

Some people see solutions while others see only obstacles.

Games are meant to be challenging so that finding a solution and implementing it can be rewarding.

There sits the prize. There before it are the challenges to reach the prize. Solve the challenges and win the prize.

Some seem to want to deny the challenges before them and receive the prize anyway. Some want to complain about the challenges and say they do not like them and refuse to solve them. They want a different path to the prize. You do not get to choose the path. You are the player. Here are the rules. Here are the challenges.

If you do not want to complete all the challenges then do not expect to receive the prize.
01/08/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Sharmarli
What the real argument is about is being able to hit 486 without doing any dailies (because they've been stated as optional) which, while possible, is more difficult.

If they aren't doing dailies and buying Rep gear, what are they spending their VP on? I would assume ilvl upgrades for their 483 gear? That puts the gear at 491... well over 486.

Also, if you don't at least do the Operation: Shieldwall dailies to get your 496 ring at Honored, I have no sypathy for you. It literally takes 6 days to reach Honored without the Grand Commendation. Do one day a week and you are there in 6 weeks! 5.2 won't be live in under 6 weeks.
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.

Um... 496 VP gear from Shield Wall, 489 from normal reps, all which only takes getting to revered. 486 ilevel isn't unreasonable at all.
I would really like more five mans, I enjoy them as much as the other content and the ones we have now are kind of boring.