Err... ilvl 486 requirement for TK LFR?

General Discussion
Prev 1 10 11 12 26 Next
01/08/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Judgernaught
I don't see any reason for current rep valor gear to drop to justice either, though that wasn't the point I was trying to make, which is just because something worked one way in the past doesn't mean it will continue to work the same way in the future.

The reason is that no one will spend Valor Points on BOP gear with such low ilvl. That's why they always drop VP gear to JP when new tiers come out. No one will waste VP on gear that is lower ilvl than LFR drops.
01/08/2013 01:59 AMPosted by Reinhilde
Do you expect non-raiders

Does Blizzard expect non-raiders to have gear to raid? No, because they're non-raiders. Gratz on the self-defeating statement.
I hope this is a mistake or a joke because I've been 485 ilevel for the longest time cause the RNG hates me.

The RNG hates me so much that I win ***TONS*** of epics that I don't need!!! Every week I win 1 to 5 epics... all vendored of course cause I have better or already have it!
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.

I don't see the big issue i casually run raids I do LFR each week heck i've only been on for a month and im almost hitting 486ilvl, with the current raids u can attain 496ilvl and above, i almost beleive the 486 ilvl requirement is a easy access be happy u dont have to attune for this stuff anymore these days
Its well below the normal level though (489 and 496)

If they just let all the premades test then it would be a full on wipefest.
I hope this is a mistake or a joke because I've been 485 ilevel for the longest time cause the RNG hates me.

The RNG hates me so much that I win ***TONS*** of epics that I don't need!!! Every week I win 1 to 5 epics... all vendored of course cause I have better or already have it!

And in the 2+ months before 5.2 goes live you aren't going to earn enough VP to use the item upgrade system to upgrade a couple of times and get over 486 when you are already sitting at 485?

Heck, just but the 496 ring from Operation: Shieldwall. That should do it for you and it's only 1250 VP.
01/08/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Zygote
I would really like more five mans, I enjoy them as much as the other content and the ones we have now are kind of boring.

I don't remember any second tier raid patch of any expansion having any 5 man dungeons with it. Not BC, not Wrath, not Cata. Why would you expect 5 mans in this patch for MOP?

Am I remembering something wrong?
I don't do real raids, barely LFR and just do dailies (except not daily) and my ilevel is close to that PTR *test* number.

Really, it's not unattainable if you just play the damn game without whining and hand-wringing over stupid gear levels. I'm sure they'll let in into the new LFR eventually. I just wanna see it.
You know, the part where DPS have queues that last longer than the dungeon?

One PvP neck from Sha, 1 sword from the Horseman, a ring and shoulders from heroics. Since 15 October.

What?

You haven't obtained through anything better gear? You've also not even done LFR (due to lack of gear) or finished all the heroics. You suck rather badly. Go do some dailies and get some gear through hard work and stop expecting handouts.
01/08/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Kezmaefele
Games are meant to be challenging so that finding a solution and implementing it can be rewarding.

Incorrect. Games are supposed to be enjoyable. While challenging is enjoyable to some people, it isn't to others. I'm not saying I fall under that category, I'm just pointing this out because it bothers me when people say "Games are supposed to be hard so you feel good when you beat them" when that isn't what a game is supposed to be at all.
01/08/2013 11:23 AMPosted by Vixie
Really, it's not unattainable if you just play the damn game without whining and hand-wringing over stupid gear levels.

This
01/08/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Valshaw
I guess we're regressing back to BC, can't wait to see those top 1% who see the final raid of this expansion...
Are people seriously complaining that Blizzard isn't holding their hand as much?

You're not special snowflakes, do what everyone else would do and either raid, run scenarios/heroics, LFR, item upgrade, or *gasp* do dailies and shoot for 489-496 gear. Dailies are meant for all, especially non-raiders like you and the others.

01/08/2013 02:29 AMPosted by Reinhilde
Yea, that's TOTALLY how non-raider progression should go. I love your logic.
That is how it should go.

01/08/2013 11:15 AMPosted by Kraylune
The reason is that no one will spend Valor Points on BOP gear with such low ilvl. That's why they always drop VP gear to JP when new tiers come out. No one will waste VP on gear that is lower ilvl than LFR drops.
Except that if people would be smart and research their toons a bit more, they'd understand that half of the badge gear currently available trumps anything LFR has to offer.

On top of all this, they're increasing the chance of players getting loot, converting all current VP gear to JP status, same goes for the pvp gear, conquest to honor. So you in no way shape or form have a right to complain about how hard gear is to obtain or will be obtained in the future.

Oh and lets not forget that they're making rep even more easier to earn as well.
Just checked out the PTR, and there's an ilvl486 requirement to enter the new LFR.

Now, there's no new 5 mans to buff our ilvl, so for non-raiders... exactly how are we supposed to reach this without PvP when the current LFRs drop 476 and 483s?

Am I missing something here? Do you expect non-raiders to spend months (to the point the raid after thunder king is released) getting valor to buy that gear for ilvl?

I know it's PTR, and it might just be inflated for testing purposes, but it seems a bit weird that you would place the ilvl requirement for the new raid above the ilvl of the gear that drops in the previous LFR.

yes. u have to work to get ur gear. how is this even hard? do dungeons spend valor if u don't like how the system is then don't raid. also valor helps achieve that.

01/08/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Connekt
Games are meant to be challenging so that finding a solution and implementing it can be rewarding.

Incorrect. Games are supposed to be enjoyable. While challenging is enjoyable to some people, it isn't to others. I'm not saying I fall under that category, I'm just pointing this out because it bothers me when people say "Games are supposed to be hard so you feel good when you beat them" when that isn't what a game is supposed to be at all.

then don't play a game that requires time and work if u think u should just raid new content. u pay to access the server not to get everything u want. u have to work for it. get over it or leave u have options
I don't get it. You say you aren't a raider, yet you want to be able to go into that LFR the moment it comes up?

They will probably lower the ilvl restriction in the end, but personally I think its a good thing to have a higher ilvl for people that have put in the time. Not saying that you haven't, but if someone doesn't want to raid, that they take the initiative to obtain gear through other means to stay relevant for current content says a lot.
01/08/2013 11:20 AMPosted by Kezmaefele
I would really like more five mans, I enjoy them as much as the other content and the ones we have now are kind of boring.

I don't remember any second tier raid patch of any expansion having any 5 man dungeons with it. Not BC, not Wrath, not Cata. Why would you expect 5 mans in this patch for MOP?

Am I remembering something wrong?

I don't either but that doesn't mean they can't put more in. I never expected anything I just said I would like more.
Valor upgrade system, 496 epics from valor, crafted 496 armor. There are plenty of ways to get over a 486 item level.
I've never stepped foot in a normal mode raid, and I'm sitting at i486.
01/08/2013 11:35 AMPosted by Sana
I've never stepped foot in a normal mode raid, and I'm sitting at i486.

You have rep/valor gear

You're too hardcore, you don't count.

(joking of course)

yes. u have to work to get ur gear. how is this even hard? do dungeons spend valor if u don't like how the system is then don't raid. also valor helps achieve that.

then don't play a game that requires time and work if u think u should just raid new content. u pay to access the server not to get everything u want. u have to work for it. get over it or leave u have options

So did you just temporarily go blind during the portion of my post where I said I didn't fall under that category?
The biggest problem is the lack of catch up mechanism means the pool of qualified players gets smaller and smaller as you go up. The first LFR is a 15 min queue, while terrace can be 45 min to an hour.

I dread the thought of my main, the only one who would be qualified by the time 5.2 comes out, with nothing to do (all reps maxed, even Nat) sitting in queue for an hour and a half.