Err... ilvl 486 requirement for TK LFR?

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
I agree with the daily people who don't want to do this, I was all ready to rep grind most my ilvl gear till i seen it took me over a week just to get honored with golden lotus and you have to be revered with them to open up the rest.

After all them days doing the same quest over and over i was spent.

I believe i see the problem in blizzard player base decreasing. maybe if you made the game more fun instead of a chore people would stay

Before i get flamed, i do not mean time wise, i would rather spend 8 weeks doing something different to gear up then doing the same thing every day for 8 weeks, if i wanted that crap id go get a job and get paid for it lol
it's early PTR. That ilvl is bound to change.
01/08/2013 02:11 AMPosted by Valshaw
I guess we're regressing back to BC, can't wait to see those top 1% who see the final raid of this expansion...

Haha silly you won't see them, they live in gated communities and travel in limos and private jets :P

+with 2 new worlds bosses and a couple new scenarios im sure you'll see some loot from those

I've been lucky on this toon.

My other toons have killed Sha every week, and yet to see a single piece of gear.

The fact of the matter is, an ilvl requirement that is higher than the ilvl of the previously obtainable gear is not acceptable, when the ilvl requirement is for something that has been stated MANY TIMES is meant to be the progression for non-raiders.

You can reach the ilvl req for HoF/ToES without a single epic.

+16 isn't all that much when the pieces you get from lfr/valor innately have more than 463 ilvl.
Ive got a 500 il pice on right now ... Upgraded but eh.
I had guessed that they would make the ilvl 480..in keeping with the 10 point spreads between the other sets of LFR. 486 will be a little steep for people unless they are raiding regulars, or valor capping and dailiying their tooshies off..even 483 would be a better set point..ie fully Terrace/HoF geared.
01/08/2013 02:29 AMPosted by Reinhilde
And that's all to get into a LFR to REPLACE THE GEAR YOU JUST SPENT 9 MONTHS MAKING.

Hi, welcome to PvE.
B: The whole point of the thread is how does a lfr raider who only has access to 483 gear at the top of their progression route, get to 486? Seems like it is not very well planned out.

At the risk of sounding snarky: Item upgrades? This is assuming that there are not buying valor gear, I imagine?

It has been answered already in this thread.

For those of you who aren't wonderful with math, here a sample breakdown of how fast you'll get geared enough to hit that 486 item level once you make the 470 item level requirement to queue into HoF/TES:

You have 16 gear slots to fill, assuming you don't have a 2h weapon.
LFR gives you about a 16% chance of winning an item, so assuming the loot you get breaks down perfectly so you get it 16% of the time and each item is something to fill another slot you need to upgrade, you'll need 96 boss kills (90 if you use a 2h weapon). That's essentially 10 weeks of HoF/TES, assuming all goes perfectly.

Now that you have 16 483 items, you'll need to get 7 of those items up to 491 to hit 486. to get those 7 upgrades, you'll need 10500 VP. If you're still only running LFR, you're getting 450 VP per week if you run all 5 parts. That's almost 24 weeks to get up to 486.

Can you now understand why Blizzard is full of crap when they tell players that you can advance through LFR through LFR alone? And that's when drops fall out right for a player. More often than not, they're duplicates of items the player has already received or share a slot with another item (ie getting off tier legs and a tier token for legs). Players will still being trying to get into HoF/TES when Thunder King comes out, and still wont' even be close to geared for Thunder King when the raid after that comes out.
01/08/2013 02:08 AMPosted by Reinhilde
The fact of the matter is, an ilvl requirement that is higher than the ilvl of the previously obtainable gear is not acceptable, when the ilvl requirement is for something that has been stated MANY TIMES is meant to be the progression for non-raiders.

Its higher than the non raiding required valor gear thats 489 or 496?
01/08/2013 02:08 AMPosted by Reinhilde
an ilvl requirement that is higher than the ilvl of the previously obtainable gear is not acceptable,

Not only is it acceptable, its absolutely fine.

You have all the tools you need to reach 486 iLvl. Not one of them is hard.
01/08/2013 08:23 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

Its higher than the non raiding required valor gear thats 489 or 496?

Dallies are optional, not required.
01/08/2013 08:00 AMPosted by Caali
Can you now understand why Blizzard is full of crap when they tell players that you can advance through LFR through LFR alone?

Why would you say they are full of crap RIGHT BELOW your math showing that it takes 6 months to do it. If anything, that proves they are anything but full of crap.

Just because you want LFR and LFR only to be a viable method does not mean that's Blizzard's game design. Choose to ignore dailies out of some ridiculous spite despite how little it takes to start getting rewards if you want - but if you do, then it will take you 24 weeks to gear up for the next tier of LFR.

Do more than just that, and you'll be there in no-time.

Choose not to do more than just that - then, well you've done your math. DEAL WITH IT.
I think your missing the point. Lots of gear on valor vendor which is 489 or 496, couple that with 483 and 476 gear which are upgradeable by 8 levels.

Basically they don't want you to leap frog content to play new content.

I think its a good idea because if you been playing your main toon then that's the toon which deserves to play the new content.
B: The whole point of the thread is how does a lfr raider who only has access to 483 gear at the top of their progression route, get to 486? Seems like it is not very well planned out.

At the risk of sounding snarky: Item upgrades? This is assuming that there are not buying valor gear, I imagine?

It has been answered already in this thread.

For those of you who aren't wonderful with math, here a sample breakdown of how fast you'll get geared enough to hit that 486 item level once you make the 470 item level requirement to queue into HoF/TES:

You have 16 gear slots to fill, assuming you don't have a 2h weapon.
LFR gives you about a 16% chance of winning an item, so assuming the loot you get breaks down perfectly so you get it 16% of the time and each item is something to fill another slot you need to upgrade, you'll need 96 boss kills (90 if you use a 2h weapon). That's essentially 10 weeks of HoF/TES, assuming all goes perfectly.

Now that you have 16 483 items, you'll need to get 7 of those items up to 491 to hit 486. to get those 7 upgrades, you'll need 10500 VP. If you're still only running LFR, you're getting 450 VP per week if you run all 5 parts. That's almost 24 weeks to get up to 486.

Can you now understand why Blizzard is full of crap when they tell players that you can advance through LFR through LFR alone? And that's when drops fall out right for a player. More often than not, they're duplicates of items the player has already received or share a slot with another item (ie getting off tier legs and a tier token for legs). Players will still being trying to get into HoF/TES when Thunder King comes out, and still wont' even be close to geared for Thunder King when the raid after that comes out.

Exactly, you are given choices on how to level, with some taking longer than others. Is this game not about grinding? You do not sign up for monthly subscriptions to be maxing out gear in a few weeks.
I repeat myself again, why does it matter if they are not geared for new content YET, if they are not anticipating on raiding in the first place?! That content will still be there whenever they reach the required level, and they can do so at their own pace, without having to worry about ilevel expectations by raiding guilds. You keep making it sound like these items are never going to be available through simply doing dailies, VP gear or LFR but the fact of that matter is they are. It will just take time and effort; the two staples of grinding in a MMO.
01/08/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Mvura
Can you now understand why Blizzard is full of crap when they tell players that you can advance through LFR through LFR alone?

Why would you say they are full of crap RIGHT BELOW your math showing that it takes 6 months to do it. If anything, that proves they are anything but full of crap.

Just because you want LFR and LFR only to be a viable method does not mean that's Blizzard's game design. Choose to ignore dailies out of some ridiculous spite despite how little it takes to start getting rewards if you want - but if you do, then it will take you 24 weeks to gear up for the next tier of LFR.

Do more than just that, and you'll be there in no-time.

Choose not to do more than just that - then, well you've done your math. DEAL WITH IT.

You are contradicted by the messages from Blizzard.

Daxxarri (11/13/12):

The current dailies might feel that mandatory to some particularly progression focused players, but it is entirely possible to skip them, and the gear they provide, pretty much entirely and still arrive at the same level of character potency.
I think your missing the point. Lots of gear on valor vendor which is 489 or 496, couple that with 483 and 476 gear which are upgradeable by 8 levels.

Basically they don't want you to leap frog content to play new content.

I think its a good idea because if you been playing your main toon then that's the toon which deserves to play the new content.

Dallies and the associated vendor gear is optional not required for progression.
Stop whining! While I am a raider, I am only using ONE piece of gear from a raid and my iLevel is 487. I'm not even a hardcore player either. It can be done.
01/08/2013 08:29 AMPosted by Caali
Dallies are optional, not required.

LFR is optional, not required. Dont want to put in the work required, you dont reap the rewards.
I'm exactly 486, and apart from my bracers, everything came from crafting, LFR, and valor. Here's how it breaks down:

1 476 from tailoring
1 476 from LFR
6 483s from LFR
1 489 from Klaxxi quest
5 489s from valor
1 496 from valor
1 496 from HoF normal

That's 9500 valor points spent total, or roughly 2 1/2 months spent capping points. And if I had been smart and gotten the 489 necklace from the Golden Lotus quest, it would have only required 8250 valor.

The 486 requirement will be a problem for alts; that I can see. But if you're not there yet with your main, you're not doing WoW right.
how about buying a few 496 pieces instead of being so cheap? they are only going to get cheaper and cheaper as time goes by. You could also just get a couple of the next tier pvp pieces (which will prob be in the 496 range) and be golden

not to say who knows what will happen with the old valor gear, prob goes to justice points. Or just do normal raid