Are shadow priests viable in pvp for 5.2?

Priest
go frost DK you will regret going shadow we are the least loved class in MoP and will continue like it for a while
01/16/2013 10:30 PMPosted by Lykorys
go frost DK you will regret going shadow we are the least loved class in MoP and will continue like it for a while

A great worry of mine, (if I did go F DK), is that due to the current PTR patch notes it will be Unholy DKs that will be better in PvP. And I despise unholy as a spec, and would never play it. It's never fun playing the under-powered spec.
Priests of any kind are no longer viable in any role.
Go DK we don't need anymore Spriests stealing all the arena/RBG teams.
01/16/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Woadens
..wat? We were !@#$ing amazing last expansion

Don't forget Wrath: Disc was the shizzle in Wrath.

Disc sucked in Wrath, except for H LK.
01/18/2013 05:35 AMPosted by Venaliter

except for H LK.

H LK.

Unless you're talking about a disc using H LK gear, this thread is about PVP.

@The people saying shadow is bad, idk what game you're playing.

@The people saying "LOL NOOB 1500 RATINGZZZ DOESN'T KNOW CLASS BALANCE LOL111" with anything below 2400, you don't know anything about class balance either.

Anyway, in regards to PLAYSTYLE only (not balance, I'm no expert), the skill floor for each class is as follows (for PVP):

Shadow Priest (Good Ones)
Unholy DKs (Good Ones)
Unholy DKs (Normal Ones)
Shadow Priests (Normal Ones)
Frost DKs (all of them)

So if you think you can play at a decent competitive level, try Shadow out, you may also find yourself rolling Disc or even Holy later on down the road (I've been playing mage for quite a while, rerolling Disc was the best thing I ever did in wow).
01/15/2013 05:52 PMPosted by Tsura
I've got a Frost DK and a Shadow Priest at 87, love both of them, and am trying to pick which one I want to take up to 90. It will be for PvP only. Thanks in advance!
very much so.

while DP is getting its burst nerfed, S Priests are still strong in damage and utility.

with that said if you want to rbg more you can likely find many more groups as a dk just because of gorefiends grasp.

really depends if you want to focus on arena (s priests will be stronger than dks) or rbgs (dks more desired than s priests).
01/16/2013 04:41 AMPosted by Aajax
Frost death knight. I also find it interesting people claim they are OP but have 0 ratings in everything.

For someone to claim a class is OP, what rating should they have, oh wise one?

Yes, but it wasn't like it was unhealable or an instant I-WIN button against us. You could easily heal through it when the dk wasn't popping cooldowns. Even with the dk's cooldowns, you could still heal through it using your cooldowns correctly.
Also, not every team had a dk on it

DKs just straight up destroyed healers if not constantly cc'd or focused in cata - was very much unhealable due to how hard it was to get casts off unless they were terrible. If you're talking about the DK attacking something else then yeah sure, but on the priest, no.

As for the actual topic, spriest for sure given current balance but judging from the latest PTR changes they're not going to stay the way they are.

It was still entirely healable.
FYI posting in the priest forum most people are going to say spriest. I can honestly say spriest is a great class. They literally have it all survivability , DoTs, high sustained dps, periods of high burst, high amount of control, and the ability to off heal like a champion. The only reason why I don't play mine anymore is they get a little dull over time compare to other caster I play.
Shadow is a lot of fun, and has amazing utility in the right comps. VT makes other casters more viable by providing dispel protection, MD is essential, lifegrip (x2 with rsham) is clutch, void shift can rly win games and our off heals are great.

If u do a lot of 2's, dk may be more fun. Getting orbs up vs melee and all the pillar humping instant casters can be clunky and frustrating. Its not easy to setup burst dotting 1 person.
01/18/2013 06:11 AMPosted by Bestworld

except for H LK.

H LK.

Unless you're talking about a disc using H LK gear, this thread is about PVP.

@The people saying shadow is bad, idk what game you're playing.

@The people saying "LOL NOOB 1500 RATINGZZZ DOESN'T KNOW CLASS BALANCE LOL111" with anything below 2400, you don't know anything about class balance either.

Anyway, in regards to PLAYSTYLE only (not balance, I'm no expert), the skill floor for each class is as follows (for PVP):

Shadow Priest (Good Ones)
Unholy DKs (Good Ones)
Unholy DKs (Normal Ones)
Shadow Priests (Normal Ones)
Frost DKs (all of them)

So if you think you can play at a decent competitive level, try Shadow out, you may also find yourself rolling Disc or even Holy later on down the road (I've been playing mage for quite a while, rerolling Disc was the best thing I ever did in wow).

I'm usually around the 1800-2k range as far as my level is concerned, so it looks like I should give shadow a shot. I like when a class or spec has a reward for playing it well.
http://www.veevsvault.com/the-skill-cap-dilemma/

seems relevant to this discussion.
Death knight's are weak.
That is all.
You shouldn't have brought that question in here.

Priests are patriotic. There might be a little bit of bias.

The truth is, we are gonna get destroyed with the 5.2 release.
Shadow is by far my favorite caster class for 5.2. It's now a dot class again, and not a shadowy mage that off-heals.
We are getting a semi nerf now that they changed up the notes abit.. but in reality.. spriest will always be a very good choice in pvp. 5 years on mine and havent switched yet.
Play whatever you want. Both will be very strong in 5.2.

If you do decide to go with DK, I would suggest learning UH though. It will be the strongest spec for pvp most likely for DKs in 5.2.
I'm glad a number of priests still realize shadow will be playable in pvp after 5.2 nerfs.