The Worst Idea Ever Conceived by Blizzard PT2

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 23 Next
I think if it's a matter of just straight up 'prestige', sure. Give 2200+ players their recolored armor. But, let's take away the ability to transmog it. Or is the 'prestige' not important enough for people to make that sacrifice?
The rating requirement is outdated with rbgs now, just look at how many teams on the ladder were exploiting to get T2. They had to change how elite gear worked to stop all the wintrading. So blame the wintraders imo

@OP Keep this is mind - there might be more to it. As they did say they were only "pulling the curtain aside a bit" - which could mean there might be additional cosmetic/etc rewards for those who reach high ratings.

I do think the Elite-Recolor gear should be reserved for those above 2k or more.

But I don't see the problem in allowing everyone to compete with the same level of gear.
Doesn't that encourage healthier competition across the board - isn't that something high level pvpers want? More teams, more players? You can't deny that the brackets are dying, and are no where near as popular as they used to be.

Something has to be changed to encourage more people to play, practice and try to get better. Or the brackets will keep dying... With this change - more people will want to play to earn their 27k conquest, which will keep the brackets populated. Some people will get better and make it to 2200, which means more competition for you. I don't see the harm in that.

If you are a 2200 player, you are miles better than me anyway it's not like the T1/T2 weapons changes anything. It just promotes an even playing field across the board.

I do think that the recolored elite gear should be reserved. Or there should be additional rewards for those who play at high ratings. PVP has always been about prestige in some way so
01/18/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Psyops
I hope everybody who is getting excited about their first t2 doesn't have too high of expectations, when everybody has it it won't be anything to be excited about.

They are just myopic imbeciles who don't realize that they're ruining the system for everyone including themselves. Anyone who is dedicated enough can earn it the honest way.

Unless they're excited to finally stand on even ground?

I hope you guys aren't raging endlessly that you're not unique snowflakes able to dominate most of those you come across.

Because that would be pretty pathetic.
01/18/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Embral
I hope everybody who is getting excited about their first t2 doesn't have too high of expectations, when everybody has it it won't be anything to be excited about.

You shouldn't get excited about getting professional sports gear - you should be excited about getting trophies.

2.2k gear is like a trophy, a trophy displays your achievements right? Shows that you came out on top of your competition?
01/18/2013 09:52 AMPosted by Psyops

They are just myopic imbeciles who don't realize that they're ruining the system for everyone including themselves. Anyone who is dedicated enough can earn it the honest way.

Again, and again, tools required to participate in competition should NOT HAVE TO BE EARNED. And victory trophies SHOULD NEVER EVER INCREASE YOUR PERFORMANCE.

2.2k gear is like a trophy, a trophy displays your achievements right? Shows that you came out on top of your competition?

Having NHL cup doesn't make your team better at hockey. It doesn't give you one extra player per team, or whatever. Trophies CAN'T provide advantages.
Why should there be any invisible wall on PvP gear?

I'd rather they didn't give addicts an unfair gear advantage and call it PvP, but that's better than giving the highest rated players the best gear so they can keep an unfair advantage all season.
01/18/2013 09:54 AMPosted by Embral

Again, and again, tools required to participate in competition should NOT HAVE TO BE EARNED. And victory trophies SHOULD NEVER EVER INCREASE YOUR PERFORMANCE.

And again, Op has said it, dozens and dozens of posters have said it, make the reward a cosmetic one, just give 2.2k players something to show for it.
This is the best idea ever because 3s/5s/RBGs arent fun. Especially RBGs. RBGers make me lol when they think they've got skill and then you look at their arena teams and they either suck or just don't have any.
Posted by Psyops
http://i.imgur.com/pc7Ss.jpg

Did...Did he just admit to DDOS'ing someone?

That is what I'm seeing too

Just shows my point about win trading and cheating... so the teams such as the OP here get to the top and get T2 and it holds everyone else that came in late season back because of the gear differance...

the fact he sees this as welfare gear and no a way to balance pvp just shows how scared he is

not of horrible players such as my self of course but as the upcoming pvp community as a whole.
Oh no, PvPers are mad they actually have to use their "skill" to beat their opponents instead of simply outgearing them.
@Psyops. Would you be content with the weapons being implemented next season as they're planned but the t2 armor retaining it's 2200+ requirement?

I think you may have answered this in your previous thread.
I think the problem is a lot of current 2.2K pvpers think of their gear as trophies, and don't want everyone to get it. It's a legit problem. However, trophies should NEVER increase your performance.

How about this: the new "elite" gear is a recolor of normal gear, and unique looking 2.2K pieces stay as transmog trophies?

01/18/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Dîzzy
And again, Op has said it, dozens and dozens of posters have said it, make the reward a cosmetic one, just give 2.2k players something to show for it.

I agree, and I thought it was the plan to begin with? There were quite a few arguments that people with higher rating deserve better stats.
All I see from QQ like this is "QQ i cant haz the better gear now! my E-peen isnt going to always be the biggest" Seriously? If your a true PVPer you finally can brag in every ones face when you win. People that got beat before say "its only cuz they had better gear" no the case anymore now when you beat someone you put your finger in their face and scream "STAY DOWN YOU DONT EVEN HAVE A CHANCE" cuz you beat them on an even playing field. I dont look at this as "ZOMG Free Gear!" I look at this like its a skill test.

I see this as making arena exactly that. Gladiators going toe to toe and fighting to the death. Pushing them selves to the max and only a few emerge victorious. You all grab the equipment you need as you leave the tunnel and do battle with what you picked.

I see the frustration from both sides. I havent always had time to do pvp and I have never been +2200 but i always have fun pvping. I see the gear was like a trophy to some and I do think players that do earn that rating and hold it should be able to get some kind of award maybe a cool transmog piece? But in all honesty I support the change because like I tried to illustrate before, it brings out the true essence of PVP... Skill
Amazing how the nolifes are going to be fored to be on-par with the casuals and how their small peen IRL won't have anything to compensate for long anymore so they're raging so hard. HAHAHA.
Removing the requirements is an awesome idea!

Why you might ask?
PVP will be about skill, not gear. Isn't this what all the "pvp is not balanced" crying really wanted anyway? Everyone will start on equal footing. What you do from there is up to you.
Are you upset that you are losing out on cosmetic awards?

Or do you feel that 2200 players deserve better weapons?

Because what's happening is that players are win trading and buying their way into 2200 for T2 which they use to beat low ranked players in arenas.

This is how Blizzard is fixing the issue.
01/17/2013 06:52 PMPosted by Dîzzy
Can they hand out challenge mode gear too if i run enough heroics

Why people compare PvP scenario with PvE, by doing that you just prove your lack of common sense and intelligence.

Balance PvP should always be: A match of equal forces and quantities determinate by skills.