The Worst Idea Ever Conceived by Blizzard PT2

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 23 Next
Why is everyone ignoring the fact 2200 elite sets are only cosmetic except for the weapons?

JUST REMOVE THE WEAPONS!

^

Remove the weapons if you want, but don't give the entire elite gear re-color set to the legions of mongoloids.

You keep phrasing it like that people will keep trolling you.

Stop.

They will compare you to those who want T2 just to beat on lower players.

PvPers want gear that carries the same prestiege as challenge mode gear.

That's the issue. Stick with that.
You keep phrasing it like that people will keep trolling you.

Stop.

They will compare you to those who want T2 just to beat on lower players.

PvPers want gear that carries the same prestiege as challenge mode gear.

That's the issue. Stick with that.

This guy gets it.
Would it make you feel better if they introduced entire new unique-looking set only available for top PvP players, that didn't have higher stats?

Yes, just like challenge mode gear, since item level is scaled down and everyone has equal footing, like "PvP".

There is literally no reason for them not to already have this and not lazy recolorings other than pure laziness
I'm wondering if this is the same Psyopz who mained a hunter in cata and was the single most horrible forumer I have ever come across.

Based on what I'm seeing, it wouldn't surprised me if it were him.
01/18/2013 10:12 AMPosted by Zerde
You won't ever convince me that a winner in ANY sport on earth deserves any reward that make the game easier for him. This is simply not how competitions work.

I'm not sure how you got that from my statement considering I was referring to Huggywuggles suggestion about not allowed the elite gear to be transmog, I am 100% in favor of the current changes. Bottom line, elite gear will be the carrot on the stick after we all et 27k honor, if you remove the ability to transmog it, the elite gear will be a rotten carrot that I just dont think people will try and get.

Okay, hmm. What about keeping Elite unique, and then adding another UNIQE set of "challenge-mode" type gear for high ratings? Sorta like how it works in PvE?
I'm phrasing it in a direct and accurate manner. Nothing will change that.

I suppose if you used tact, you wouldn't constantly make the Popular Threads list. I however, shall use tact when explaining this.

CARRY ON!
Like everything, its all about money. They have a team of psychoanalysts and statisticians tell them that if a timmy feels "left out" they wont want to play anymore (money) because poor little old them dont have the skill or the time to 'acomplish' anything in the game. Its along the same lines of the "we'll now mail you purples for loggin in" aspect of LFR.

Blizz is thinking "we dont want all the talentless braindead wallets out there to ever feel 'left out' or 'less special' than the rest of the community (because that leads to quitting, which means less money) SO.... all anyone has to do now is figure out how to bot while they sleep, and you will eventually wake up with the best gear available!! WEEEEE!! YAY!!!! Everyone is Special!!! WEEEE

http://i.imgur.com/QMP7T.jpg
Oh, shut the hell up with this "welfare" garbage.

Everyone now has race to T2 gear. Perhaps the issue lies less with skill and more with people getting hard from killing others in lower gear. Yes, give those that reach 2200 something, but make it cosmetic. A title, some pretty armor for Xmog, a magic pony that !@#$s cupcakes.

Of course, you can always just admit you don't like the idea because the only thing that saves your %^- is the fact your ilvl equates to your actual ability to PvP.

LOL.
01/18/2013 10:15 AMPosted by Embral
Okay, hmm. What about keeping Elite unique, and then adding another UNIQE set of "challenge-mode" type gear for high ratings? Sorta like how it works in PvE?

I dont see anything wrong with it. Sure why not.
I'm seriously not understanding why people are so upset about this. Allowing people to have that gear will seriously cut down on the amount of carry selling and win trading that we're seeing so much of right now. Now the people who for some reason think that having a particular set of armor makes them appear special, but are absolutely atrocious at this game, won't NEED to pay some other jerkwad to carry them to it, they can just spend some time collecting currency instead.

You already get titles, mounts, and sometimes tabards that average pvpers will never see, why is the recolored armor such a big deal?
I'm phrasing it in a direct and accurate manner. Nothing will change that.

And people will continue to dismiss you as an elitist, and throw your face up whenever people bring up the arguement that

Pvpers want the same rewards as challenge mode players. Cosmetic. No meaningful advantage.
01/18/2013 10:18 AMPosted by Cerylidae
You already get titles, mounts,

Which you get at the end of a season based on your ranking.

To compare, imagine only getting a heroic title or mount at the end of the tier. No matter how many times you beat the boss or do the meta achievements.

PvPers want rewards that they can use "now" or during the season.
Best idea ever. We baddies will reign supreme and you special snowflakes will bask in our radiance!
The F^&*ING truth is that 100% of people whining about the 5.2 gear changes are divided in 3 groups as fallows:

1) 90%__ people that bought their T2 and they are like WTF i had to pay with real $ and now people are going to get it for free? no way! /cry

2) 2%__people that actually reach 2.2k: Damn i barely made it now with everyone having the same gear I'm screw noooo (In this case most are getting help by the 3rd and last grp)

3) 8%__ people selling the rating for real $ and they are like !@#$ this means i might have to get a real job!!! what!!!

but in general they all are a bunch of DRAMA QUEENS.
I will restate:

Mechanical advantages for better players is a STUPID IDEA, no matter how you twist it. Imagine if in StarCraft, players in higher ratings would get faster resource gather rate? Or players with more wins in chess had an extra Queen? This is retarded, it's antithesis of competition.

With that logic, Everyone should just be able to pick up the gear they want at a vendor for 1 copper.

"Why would they even make you have to earn something? Everyone should get the gear they want! This isn't a mmo! where you have too work for something to get it! Why bother getting the players who dedicate their time into the game anything at all? You know, the players who progress further shouldn't get any awards. They haven't done anything worth better gear!"
I have no idea what I am talking about and haven't read anything but I'm going to try to appear as an outline and summarize my uneducated point of view on the matter

What are you doing wazikoski?

pls explain
01/18/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Regginald
"Why would they even make you have to earn something? Everyone should get the gear they want! This isn't a mmo! where you have too work for something to get it! Why bother getting the players who dedicate their time into the game anything at all? You know, the players who progress further shouldn't get any awards. They haven't done anything worth better gear!"

You still have to earn it by grinding conquest, not stuck behind some artificial 'rating' barrier, thats easily manipulated.