The Worst Idea Ever Conceived by Blizzard PT2

General Discussion
Prev 1 5 6 7 23 Next
01/18/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Psyops
Precisely why this change accomplishes little to nothing, but ruins the incentive and carrot-on-a-stick effect for many casual PvPers in the 1900-2.2k range. +1 for being reasonable at least.

Yeah but if you are a 2500 player, why do you care what's going on in the 1.9 to 2.2k range?

You are right, this change does nothing for those above 2200, which you are, so why does it even bother you?

I know you play high level RBGS and what many high level RBG teams offer. Not saying you do but if that's the case then I could see why are you so invested into this issue. Obviously if this change went through you wouldn't be able to do that anymore. But that's how it goes really, clearly Blizzard doesn't support it..

I think Gethrian said it pretty well:

Because what's happening is that players are win trading and buying their way into 2200 for T2 which they use to beat low ranked players in arenas.

This is how Blizzard is fixing the issue.
01/18/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Psyops
It's because I care about others rather than being selfish and just advocating for himself. This is a negative change for most of the PvP community.

Arena Junkies disagrees with you.

Though I don't think you're as noble as you pretend to be with your crusade against these changes.

And "Most" of the PVP community doesnt agree with you.
01/18/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Psyops
You are right, this change does nothing for those above 2200, which you are, so why does it even bother you?

It's because I care about others rather than being selfish and just advocating for himself. This is a negative change for most of the PvP community.

Not saying you do but if that's the case then I could see why are you so invested into this issue. Obviously if this change went through you wouldn't be able to do that anymore. But that's how it goes really, clearly Blizzard doesn't support it..

Nah, I don't do carries and as far as I know the money from carries is not really that significant so I doubt many people aside from a few would really care about this.

clearly you dont care about other ppl if you think getting on an even playing field for most is bad for the communtiy
When WoW's hardcore PvPers complain that less skilled PvPers get gear equal to theirs, it really makes me wonder...
psyops is just working the psychological angle on all of you
In this thread:

People who only enjoy the aspect of PvP that includes beating players in crap gear complain that they will have a smaller pool of undergeared players to beat up, for a shorter period of time.

People who don't have the time or skill to achieve higher gear standards rejoice that they can now be competitive and the game will be (more often) about who played better.

People who PvP for the sake of PvPing and just want to fight other people on an equal level read the thread and think, "More worthy opponents!"

There. Now you don't have to read the rest of the thread.
this arguement is very simple elite crybabys are scared when they cant use the gear disadvantage and instead use skill to beat ppl

If you had bothered to pay attention to this thread, it's not about the gear difference, stupid.

If it wasn't about gear difference, then you'd have suggested Blizzard put transmogs, mounts, pets, or some other vanity item in place. But nope, you're just !@#$%ing because they're making it so everyone can obtain elite gear.

So yes, it is about gear difference.
I don't understand this though... and I wonder if Blizzard has thought about this.

People need to get 2200 rating to get the weapon: that is good
People faceroll the others that are not 2.2k : this is bad

But why on the blue earth are they even going against each other why not make the 2.2k rating teams go at each others throat and let the teams that ar enot there yet compete against each other.

In Starcraft do you see a master rank go against a diamond ranked player no beacuse they are on seperate ladders.

I think this is what needs to change. gear shouldn't be your way to say hey guys I'm at this rating. Your skill should be the thing that says yo guys I'm at this rating.
If you had bothered to pay attention to this thread, it's not about the gear difference, stupid.

You sure do make a rather compelling argument there. "If you don't agree with me, than you're a mean old poopy head doo doo face!".

I usually can respect you, even if I disagree Psy. However, I'm beginning to think this is just you being mad because now you stand an even greater chance of being outplayed.
I agree.

The worst idea Blizz ever had was creating invisible walls in Arena for gear, when Arena is supposed to be about 'skill' rather than gear.

It sounds like a good idea that Blizz is finally rectifying the problem. Congrats to them.
01/18/2013 11:41 AMPosted by Huggywuggles

You sure do make a rather compelling argument there. "If you don't agree with me, than you're a mean old poopy head doo doo face!".

I usually can respect you, even if I disagree Psy. However, I'm beginning to think this is just you being mad because now you stand an even greater chance of being outplayed.

Same person who chastised Blizz for letting That Xan guy for warlock class balance go. Really I don't see much issue in it. Yes the gear is nice but the title and the mount and something else should be the *trophies* of PVP.

Oh and attacking Huggywuggles even if he is a gnome is uncalled for. If your arguments consist of insults, well your argument is getting weaker.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A8I9pYCl9AQ
"When everyone is super, no one will be"

Elite is supposed to mean you're part of a higher bracket and with this new system anyone can get it. I'm all in for equal playing fields, but I think the real problem is the difference in stats from T1 toT2, which is just the weapon.

No one complains about how that guy has T2 helm/shoulders/chest/whatever. Because it's just cosmetic. Make T2 weaps just cosmetic and keep the rating requirement to get them.
01/18/2013 11:44 AMPosted by Valius
Oh and attacking Huggywuggles even if he is a gnome is uncalled for. If your arguments consist of insults, well your argument is getting weaker.

I don't think he was attacking me. He's just beginning to fray since no one is really rallying around his 'cause' and he's the only one truly making a ruckus about it now.
I will restate:

Mechanical advantages for better players is a STUPID IDEA, no matter how you twist it. Imagine if in StarCraft, players in higher ratings would get faster resource gather rate? Or players with more wins in chess had an extra Queen? This is retarded, it's antithesis of competition.
Posted by Psyops
http://i.imgur.com/pc7Ss.jpg

Did...Did he just admit to DDOS'ing someone?

No, that's Abn, anyone who thinks he's a DDoSer doesn't know who he is (and therefore they probably don't know very much about PvP.) obviously kidding

Chat log says different considering the context of that conversation. I can tell by all of the people loling in chat afterwards that he tells super funny sarcastic jokes.

But were glad that it blatantly looks like you win rbgs by purposefully ddosing people to get your rating. Your opinion is no longer valid now.

- The rationale of most of the people in favor of this change. Do you deserve the same GPA as a student who works more diligently than you in university simply because you pay the same amount in tuition as the latter student? Of course not, that is an idiotic assertion.

The only assertion that's idiotic is that that analogy fits at all. People with better ratings get to have.... better ratings still. They're still higher on the ladder. They still have their GPA. (And, if they do well enough, titles and mounts.... if you want to ask for something you should be asking for some kind of transmogrification awards as people rise in ratings for those who don't make it to the top titles).

PvP is about human vs. human competition. We don't let boxers who win put on metal gloves for their next bout against new challengers.

Really, the tone you put to Blizzard making this decision would be right at home inside this Onion parody: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2BjOiPkueto