My World of Warcraft Launcher won't update

Mac Technical Support
My launcher just sits there and takes up space. :( What can I do to fix it besides reinstall???
What do you mean just sits there? Is it attempting to update, but fails, or gets an error message?
If you mean that the Launcher is failing to find any updates or is "stuck", you could try deleting the following three files and re-running the Launcher:

In your World of Warcraft folder:

WoW.mfil
/WTF/Launcher.wtf (if it exists)

In your /Users/Shared/Battle.net/Agent folder:

agent.db

See if this helps your Launcher get back to normal operation.

i deleted wow.mfil and the launcher.wtf and it still won't update what can i do to fix it.
@Hichigo - What exact issue are you having? Can you please describe the symptoms you have?
Not sure if this is the same problem, but mine will say "Updating Blizzard Launder", get about 75% done, and just sit there. no error message, just looks like it's still working but never finishes. I'm on a mac.
Nevermind. My problem was with the proxy settings on my computer.

Not sure if this is the same problem, but mine will say "Updating Blizzard Launder", get about 75% done, and just sit there. no error message, just looks like it's still working but never finishes. I'm on a mac.
yea mine update thing wont even start its will stay at the start of the update and wont even move
i am having the exact same problem. my launcher gets to 75% and just stops. ive uninstalled. and now it wont even download the updates for me to reinstall. come on blizz dont ignore this post.
i am having the exact same problem. my launcher gets to 75% and just stops. ive uninstalled. and now it wont even download the updates for me to reinstall. come on blizz dont ignore this post.

Have you tried what Tia posted at :

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/7592579707#3
https://twitter.com/bluspacecow
my wow just wont update i haven't played wow in about a year and when i opened the launcher it went to "downloading updated tools" and stopped i left my comp on all night with it runnning and today it still had not moved at all
my wow just wont update i haven't played wow in about a year and when i opened the launcher it went to "downloading updated tools" and stopped i left my comp on all night with it runnning and today it still had not moved at all

try this
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728852828#7
I am running Windows 7 and haven't played wow in a year or so. Now when I have updates they just sit there accomplishing nothing. I've tried deleting the files posted below, still nothing. Please help!
Sapping till the day I die or something...-Suffucate
I am running Windows 7 and haven't played wow in a year or so. Now when I have updates they just sit there accomplishing nothing. I've tried deleting the files posted below, still nothing. Please help!

Whats Windows 7 ?

This is the Mac Tech Support forums.

You want the other Tech support forums.
Just reporting in that I have the same problem. I enter my password @ the log in screen, it begins to download a patch and then tells me it failed to download at to try again later. I'm curious to try the remedies suggested, but it seems after doing those people are having issues with the game not downloading anything past a certain %?
Just reporting in that I have the same problem. I enter my password @ the log in screen, it begins to download a patch and then tells me it failed to download at to try again later. I'm curious to try the remedies suggested, but it seems after doing those people are having issues with the game not downloading anything past a certain %?

Are you opening from the Launcher ?
Same here, and yes, I am opening from Launcher.
05/03/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Omegal

try this
http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/topic/8728852828#7

That worked great for me.
I don't know if this is the same problem WoW updated but when I get to the logon screen it doesent have a place for me to put my credentials
I don't know if this is the same problem WoW updated but when I get to the logon screen it doesent have a place for me to put my credentials

Can you make a new thread for your issue.

Also put it in a URL for a screenshot you've uploaded somewhere.