Warcraft III Can't install on Mac

Mac Technical Support
I recently tried to install WC3 via my Blizzard account, and after i downloaded it on my mac (with mountain lion), it told me i could not install because "PowerPC applications are no longer supported". Can someone please tell me how to get it to install?
i'm having the same problem i wonder what it is?
This is because Warcraft unpatched is a PowerPC app. This is why the system requirements for WC3 are 10.6.8 below, as OS X 10.7 and above are unable to support PowerPC applications.
Couldn't Blizzard release a download (and downloader) that has WC3 patched to a Universal app? Seems kinda silly to make people patch after they've done a fresh download anyway.
For suggestions like it, it may be best to post in the Classic Battle.net forums. Technical Support isn't able to help address this unfortunately.

http://forums.battle.net/board.html?forumId=12012&sid=3000
Absolute laziness on Blizzard's part. They could EASILY make a universal bin or intel version of the installer. That is why I no longer spend money on Blizzard games... IF they decide to just update the installer, I will on that VERY DAY purchase Starcraft II and Diablo III, but as of right now, I just feel that it is pointless to spend money on software from a company who may or may not decide to stop supporting it at any moment in the future. NO OTHER SOFTWARE COMPANY I have dealt with does this.
Absolute laziness on Blizzard's part. They could EASILY make a universal bin or intel version of the installer. That is why I no longer spend money on Blizzard games... IF they decide to just update the installer, I will on that VERY DAY purchase Starcraft II and Diablo III, but as of right now, I just feel that it is pointless to spend money on software from a company who may or may not decide to stop supporting it at any moment in the future. NO OTHER SOFTWARE COMPANY I have dealt with does this.

You realize WC3 is 11 years old right? They were still selling G3 Macs back then. You'd probably be hard pressed to find -any- other software company that updated their 11 year old carbon installer to run on modern systems.

Blizzard is the largest game company out there to release native Mac clients for all of their titles on the same schedule as their Windows counterparts. They offer full technical support for their Mac clients (insomuch as they can be supported). This is a huge amount of work and resources that Blizzard spends to be able to claim this.

The Mac platform has changed tremendously over the last dozen years, going from PowerPC to Intel, two entirely different architectures. No native client can survive that transition without emulation, which would result in a poor performance experience, or a complete rewrite.

Due to these factors, Windows (via BootCamp or otherwise) is the best experience for legacy games. This is not the fault of Blizzard, it's just how it is. The Apple platform (and the marketing behind it) is all about moving forward, dropping the past.
It'll never happen, no matter how much we ask for it.

Heck, we're still waiting on an updated D2 installer that they promised us back when WC3 was new.
Actually, they did release that D2 installer, FYI
Main installer you grab from game management under account. patches from below
https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/diablo-ii-patch-information

They re-released installer for D2 in carbon when they said they would. they even released an updated downloader that works on intel macs.
Patches however are still carbon, since game itself was PPC carbon and has no intel compatibility at all. Updating the patch installers to intel patching apps would be pointless for a game that couldn't run on the mac that was patching it.
No no... I know of the OSX installer, if that's what you mean. Way back when WC3 was released, I'm unsure if it was at launch or if they later released a new OSX installer, but I remember Blizzard stating that they found a better way to encode the OSX installers and would be working on a new OSX D2 installer (would replace the OSX D2 installer at the time). I remember reading about it on the battle.net site many years ago.
I just picked up my new Macbook and was sad to discover that WCIII would not install. Blizz, I would seriously pay a small fee to get a working installer for the classic games.
If you can find an older Mac running 10.6 or older, you could install the carbon WC3 on that, patch it up to the intel version, and then physically drag the WC3 folder to the new Mac over a network or backup drive.
If you can find an older Mac running 10.6 or older, you could install the carbon WC3 on that, patch it up to the intel version, and then physically drag the WC3 folder to the new Mac over a network or backup drive.

There's a way?! please explain in slower words.
You could always make a virtual machine with the older version of OSX or run bootcamp. WC3 is not a really demanding game to say the least so I am sure it would run decently smooth depending on your system.
bootcamp run for windows? or purchase crossover or use wineskin thats what I did.
I want to play Warcraft 3 on my mac but I can't. This is ridiculous.
I want to play Warcraft 3 on my mac but I can't. This is ridiculous.

Not as ridiculous as the expectation of receiving help without describing the problem. Although this is what my customers ask of my company all the time as well. >_>
Dude this sucks i want to play Wc3 lol
I like WC3 as well, but as much as I'd like to see this happen, why not partition your HD? Have the 2nd partition be 10.6.8 or lower, so you can play it?

Another alternative is to pickup an old Mac to do it. Should be cheap.

The dev teams would be better to fix the D3 engine than to work on an 11 year old game.