Countdown queues are the problem

Battlegrounds
Prev 1 3 4 5 21 Next
01/16/2013 11:11 AMPosted by Esclamayshun
And Warglaive - I see nowhere in there that it's a random battleground Q - only that it's the normal battleground Q.

Are you serious? Pretty sure he's talking about the same thing. Why would it be any different? Most of the premades are doing the CTA anyway.

Just took a quick look, you've posted 861 times, the majority are crying posts and at least 75% of those are speaking against OQueue, perhaps you should try it instead. At the very least you would save a lot of money in Kleenex
01/16/2013 02:08 AMPosted by Esclamayshun
Why are you confused? This is just confirmation bias. You ignore the fact that the person rolled on a pvp server, knowing full well what would happen.

You confirm in your post exactly what i'm talking about.

1. Roll a PvP server: You get what's coming to you. Ganking for 5 hours.

2. Go in a random battleground: You run into a random group of 10 friends who are queing together. They proceed to completely destroy you and gank you in the graveyard for the remainder of the game.

THATS A NONO WE CANT HAVE THAT 1 IS OK BUT NOT 2, 2 IS EVIL

01/16/2013 11:32 AMPosted by Shâd
At the very least you would save a lot of money in Kleenex
You confirm in your post exactly what i'm talking about.1. Roll a PvP server: You get what's coming to you. Ganking for 5 hours.2. Go in a random battleground: You run into a random group of 10 friends who are queing together. They proceed to completely destroy you and gank you in the graveyard for the remainder of the game.THATS A NONO WE CANT HAVE THAT 1 IS OK BUT NOT 2, 2 IS EVIL

Daxxari didn't say he supports camping people in open world PvP. He simply said that the GM's are instructed not to get involved as long as it's potentially possible for players to resolve the situation. That means calling in help or admitting defeat and leaving the area.

Battlegrounds are designed to be a bit more fair. Character level ranges are restricted and equal numbers are allowed on each side. It's inevitable that one side will end up being more effective and win the game, but the intent is to create a more even experience.

The five man grouping restriction in normal battlegrounds exists to allow solo queue players to have a positive and fair experience. It was put in place because full premade groups create a negative experience for the other team. The premade group is bored because of the non-challenging matchup and the random group is frustrated for the same reason. It has been said that even five man premades are potentially too powerful in the smaller maps, but are allowed due to the social aspect of the game.

The game design intent is for the overall good of the game. While rolling a premade to quick wins is most beneficial to your individual character, it creates negative feelings toward PvP in the community. Non-rated PvP is intended to be casual friendly, as much as PvP can.
01/16/2013 12:00 PMPosted by Squeak
Daxxari didn't say he supports camping people in open world PvP.

I said nowhere in my post that he does.

The five man grouping restriction in normal battlegrounds exists to allow solo queue players to have a positive and fair experience. It was put in place because full premade groups create a negative experience for the other team. The premade group is bored because of the non-challenging matchup and the random group is frustrated for the same reason. It has been said that even five man premades are potentially too powerful in the smaller maps, but are allowed due to the social aspect of the game.The game design intent is for the overall good of the game. While rolling a premade to quick wins is most beneficial to your individual character, it creates negative feelings toward PvP in the community. Non-rated PvP is intended to be casual friendly, as much as PvP can.

Well this sounds peachy.

A fully geared malevolent player is going to one-shot someone in quest greens, completely negating the "more equal aspect" that is trying to be provided.

Unless they want to shorten the gear gap, or provide ilvl brackets, there is no equality in randoms.

01/16/2013 12:02 PMPosted by Tooskosa
comparing oq to ganking in world pvp........ cmon

when did OQ even pop up in my sentence
01/16/2013 11:34 AMPosted by Splixer
You run into a random group of 10 friends who are queing together.

There is nothing random about a group of 10 friends queueing together. That's like saying your post is just a bunch of random words together. They aren't RANDOM. They are your words linked together in your order.
Furthermore, I wish all of you whiners would just stop. PvP is not about you getting honor, or gear, or doing what you want. It's about fighting the enemy. However the enemy may present himself on the field of battle. Stop crying and start fighting your experience will change.

this.

can't deal with this, stay off of the battlefield.

Cheers.
Pleb.
There is nothing random about a group of 10 friends queueing together. That's like saying your post is just a bunch of random words together. They aren't RANDOM. They are your words linked together in your order.

Random referring to the um, i don't know, stage?

Regardless, and to humor you, say I que solo and run into a premade that consists of an arms tank, 2 resto shams, a disc priest, 2 mages, a fdk, warlock, feral, and spriest.

Out of all the teams, I ran into that. Sounds random.

Out of all the teams they could run into, they ran into me. Sounds random.
01/16/2013 12:38 PMPosted by Tooskosa
never quoted you. how did i apply at all that that was directed too you?

Because I was the one to bring up ganking.

Make sure you DO quote people, or no one has any idea who the hell you're talking to.
Just took a quick look, you've posted 861 times, the majority are crying posts and at least 75% of those are speaking against OQueue, perhaps you should try it instead. At the very least you would save a lot of money in Kleenex

First of all, 75% is way off. I speak out against premades in randoms. I have no issues in randoms, I win 70%+ of the time (I went 12-2 earlier). Don't assume anyone who posts on something is just crying about something. I don't think it's fair, but it doesn't stem from some OQ premade stomping my team into the ground. I don't need the addon to have fun, I just have a strong opinion about fair play.
01/16/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Aurellian
And Warglaive - I see nowhere in there that it's a random battleground Q - only that it's the normal battleground Q.

12/04/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Any addon that enables a full, organized Battleground group to queue against a randomly assembled group is creating a scenario where that coordinated group has a huge advantage. That is not in the spirit of the experience we want to provide in the normal Battleground queue

01/16/2013 08:02 AMPosted by Jugaa
It really is. You can either que for a specific map...or a RANDOM map. That's all that means. Back when you could que as a raid, they were still called "random bgs".

12/04/2012 02:08 PMPosted by Daxxarri
to queue against a randomly assembled group

The complete function of the system is to fill empty slots with RANDOM players. There will always be slots.
It is ALWAYS intended to be random now. For both teams involved - beyond the now maximum queue of 5.

BECAUSE they have specifically limited your ability to queue into that system as a GROUP to only 5.

12/04/2012 03:22 PMPosted by Daxxarri
If you want organized PvP against organized opponents, as you claim, that experience is readily available.
Because I was the one to bring up ganking.

Make sure you DO quote people, or no one has any idea who the hell you're talking to.

The whole ganking thing is actually an argument I've seen several premade supporters continue to bring up to discredit Daxx. But they fail to realize that it's not Daxx's opinion that ganking is perfectly fine and premades are not. The comparison is silly in general. It states in the WoW terms of use that Blizzard discourages players from seeking intervention for being attacked in a PvP zone (or flagging yourself.)
01/16/2013 12:49 PMPosted by Esclamayshun
It states in the WoW terms of use that Blizzard discourages players from seeking intervention for being attacked in a PvP zone (or flagging yourself.)

Exactly.

PvP happens in a PvP area.
01/16/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Splixer
Out of all the teams, I ran into that. Sounds random.

Yes - but only for you -----> not for them.

01/16/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Splixer
Out of all the teams they could run into, they ran into me. Sounds random.

Yes, but not to the same extent for both of you. Blizzard has allowed us to limit the amount of "random" to 5.

There are rewards involved based on the notion that it is the same for both sides, regarding team AND map.
If you manually change to queue into a specific map you FORFEIT some of those rewards. Save for CTA.

If you choose to queue into a specific team with a specific team, as in wargames, you forfeit ---> all of them.

As far as I am aware, there is no random queue for wargames...
01/16/2013 05:29 AMPosted by Warglaive
Not for some silly pretend currency used to buy pixels.

your moral high road broke down right here, and
it took the entirety of your argument with it.

Cheers.
Pleb.
Yes - but only for you -----> not for them.

01/16/2013 12:57 PMPosted by Warglaive
Yes, but not to the same extent for both of you

Do I need to say more

I make an example to humor you and you still grasp a straws
01/16/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Splixer

There's a whole lot of straw grasping going on, but it's definitely not on Warglaive's side.
01/16/2013 01:01 PMPosted by Splixer

What exactly am i "grasping" at? A portion of the roster of every normal BG queue is intended to be random.

And there are bonus rewards involved for being confined to that... the more random the more reward.

edit- here, grasp at this:

Random team random map - most currency reward.
Random team specific map - less currency reward.
Organized team specific map - NO currency reward.
Organized team random map - Is that even available? I dont do wargames either... but NO reward.

All of these options are available to you. You are abusing the system and dipping into inappropriate rewards.