the BEST solution thats fair for INQUISITION

Paladin
i dont get this mentality of wanting it to be annoying and clunky. its like the asians and chopsticks. SPOONS AND FORKS. SPOONS AND FORKS. you dont farm with two pool cues.

ARGH
i dont get this mentality of wanting it to be annoying and clunky. its like the asians and chopsticks. SPOONS AND FORKS. SPOONS AND FORKS. you dont farm with two pool cues.

ARGH

Inquisition isn't clunky. You just don't like it because every 30 sec it cuts into your TV spam.

This might be offensive, but I'm annoyed the majority of Rets in this thread think this is a good suggestion.
Stupid analogy aside... why is Inquisition clunky?

It is cause numbers don't pop up when you hit it? What?
out of all the things to cry about, Inq is still an issue with people ._. l2p man, l2p
so you want to play an already underperforming class entirely revolving around their cooldowns and burst that ALSO requires annoying clunky mechanics to maintain that middle of the road performance?

got it
01/15/2013 10:32 AMPosted by Karob
And mana.

no, and not mana. mana is some sort of horrific vestigial limb for us that we only tolerate because it amuses holy.

inquisition is fine, it was fine in cata and its even more then fine now that we are no longer resource starved.

the only things that could probably make it better are taking it off the gcd or giving us a glyph like savage roar that lets us put it up at 12 seconds with no holy power.

01/15/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Ulcerate
so you want to play an already underperforming class entirely revolving around their cooldowns and burst that ALSO requires annoying clunky mechanics to maintain that middle of the road performance?

inquisition is not the reason behind ret's is middle of the road performance, and inquisition actually acts as a limiter and adds ramp time to our burst.
01/15/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Ulcerate
annoying clunky mechanics to maintain that middle of the road performance?

How is it clunky? If you don't know, just say so.
01/15/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Thermadin
out of all the things to cry about, Inq is still an issue with people ._. l2p man, l2p

Have you ever written an intelligent post? You know, one with substance?

got it

That's obviously not what anyone said.
01/15/2013 10:39 AMPosted by Hafleur
This might be offensive, but I'm annoyed the majority of Rets in this thread think this is a good suggestion.

Agreed.
01/15/2013 10:35 AMPosted by Ulcerate

Worst analogy ever.

If this was Cata then the QQ would be more warranted but with nearly all our abilities generating holy power this shouldn't be a problem.
01/15/2013 10:45 AMPosted by Hafleur
Have you ever written an intelligent post? You know, one with substance?

lol this is the internet, ofc not, silly goose
you dont see why its annoying to have to maintain that buff just because it gives your class a false layer of complexity? lol... how are you not seeing that its just there to give you the illusion you are doing something important, when most other classes outperform you in dps without babysitting a 30 second buff?

admit it. youre babysitting.
01/15/2013 10:48 AMPosted by Aglaea
If this was Cata then the QQ would be more warranted but with nearly all our abilities generating holy power this shouldn't be a problem.

the problem in cata wasn't inquisition itself, its just our resource generation was so soddily implemented that it make keeping it up a pain.

01/15/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Ulcerate
you dont see why its annoying to have to maintain that buff just because it gives your class a false layer of complexity? lol... how are you not seeing that its just there to give you the illusion you are doing something important, when most other classes outperform you in dps without babysitting a 30 second buff?

inquisition isn't the reason ret is out performed. making inquisition cost mana isn't suddenly going to make ret's compete with mages in damage output. ret's middle of the road performance is more because of ability scaling and front loaded instead of backloaded damage.
01/15/2013 10:50 AMPosted by Ulcerate

Of course I'm babysitting; I'm a Paladin. Monitoring the rest of the raid is in the job description.

Your bad idea doesn't even solve the problem you are complaining about... wat?
yes it does. at least make the babysitting simple and less annoying. if inquisition is not going anywhere, at least make it easy enough to where people still need to be "skilled" enough to maintain a 30 second buff, without dampening their pvp output, and wasting offense on it/gcds.
Rogues have Slice and Dice, Ferals have Savage Roar, Paladins have Inquisition.

The spec is already easy to play in PvE, making Inquisition cost mana would make us one of the most simple specs in the entire game.

I understand it's not fun to keep up in PvP, but this isn't a good solution.
how is ret any more easy than any other class? anything is more efficient/easier on a warrior/dk than ret.
Mana is not a resource for ret. It's only there to limit our usage of Flash of Light.

I don't know why they can't just treat Inquisition like Savage Roar and take it off the GCD. Those two abilities serve the exact same purpose. It wouldn't be a game-breaking change, it would just make things smoother.

01/15/2013 10:51 AMPosted by Vladja
how are you not seeing that its just there to give you the illusion you are doing something important, when most other classes outperform you in dps without babysitting a 30 second buff?

As much as I hate this level of immaturity, he's right about one thing: if Inquisition didn't exist, our base damage would all be higher.
ret has been my favorite class spec since vanilla. i love nothing else in this game more than playing ret effectively. i just cannot get into it. soloing/questing/dailies/pvp are all ANNOYING because of inquisition. every god damn mob/pull you have to work around inquisition.