More Stable slots & Hydras in 5.2?

Hunter
So Blizzard, with more dinos becoming tameable, can we get more storage for pets? Even it it was only 5 more slots; it would help out BIG time! And to all that will say it; I know it isn't pokemon; with hunter pets; with companion pets it is.

AND will Hunters be able to tame Hydras?
No Hunter will never be able to tame Hydras.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=55457/gleok

There is a reason it has the title "The Untamable." Its the final nail in the coffin about Hydra's and Hunters.
My hunter has a hydra.
And a slime.

Am I finally special?
One can dream to be able to tame Hydras.
I do have my hydra and green slime!!!! so I'm special as well lol
my stable is full right now and I will never abandon both of them for the new pets!
Yea i would totally love to have more stable room.... its ridiculous how many awesome pets there are and how little space we have
While I would also like a bit more space, it seems that the more space we get the less value we put on the pet itself. You should have to think about what pet you need for certain buffs, what pet you want because of awesome looks, and what pet you'll keep with you forever, and balance those three things.

While some people may QQ more it brings back individuality and the sense that your pet was something more than just added DPS.
No Hunter will never be able to tame Hydras.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=55457/gleok

There is a reason it has the title "The Untamable." Its the final nail in the coffin about Hydra's and Hunters.

The only reason Blizz has stated against it, is because they don't like the model (which is silly, I think it looks great...maybe needs a bit more detail or animation work, but still a great model).

There was another pet type (Silithid actually, if memory serves) that had mob with an "untameable" title (don't quite recall the title).

We can tame Silithid's now.
While I would also like a bit more space, it seems that the more space we get the less value we put on the pet itself. You should have to think about what pet you need for certain buffs, what pet you want because of awesome looks, and what pet you'll keep with you forever, and balance those three things.

While some people may QQ more it brings back individuality and the sense that your pet was something more than just added DPS.

They could do this by limiting your active pets to only 5 (i.e. no stables), making it so every pet can be trained to bring any buff, or any debuff, or any utility (BM gets 2 picks), and set it up so the stable master remembers all your prior tames, and lets you re-tame one simply by visiting him.

The only thing that last part saves, is travel time in hunting down the skin again. You tamed it once, you could tame it again.

The first part of the idea, is to make it so people can bring the pet they want to bring, and bring the utility they need to bring, but still limited in what they can bring without another trip to the stable master.
I would like more stable room as well, but don't understand why everyone wants hydra's so bad.. they are ugly.

My personal wish is shoveltusks become tameable.
I want a mammoth. I should actually clean out my stables. Keep a handful of interesting ones and get rid of the rest.
Yea i would totally love to have more stable room.... its ridiculous how many awesome pets there are and how little space we have

It's not ridiculous when you accept that size of the stable has almost no relation to how many awesome pets there are.
They could do this by limiting your active pets to only 5 (i.e. no stables), making it so every pet can be trained to bring any buff, or any debuff, or any utility (BM gets 2 picks), and set it up so the stable master remembers all your prior tames, and lets you re-tame one simply by visiting him.

They could do the first part, but not the second part.

But they won't do either.
02/15/2013 11:21 AMPosted by Gnorf

They could do the first part, but not the second part.

But they won't do either.

Why are you so set on forcing hunters to repeat something they have already done once?
It is similar to requiring people to relearn a glyph when they change it...oh wait, it used to be like that, and they changed it, and acquiring a glyph cost nothing more than a trip to the AH/Alt/Guild Scribe - and not a camping trip of a 3 day respawn that has quirky taming mechanics.
Why are you so set on forcing hunters to repeat something they have already done once?

I've killed Lei Shi 20 times now in LFR, and no gun or shoulders to show for it. Repeating things, even joyless ones, does not seem to be a problem for Blizzard.

Even so, taming, abandoning and retaming a pet is a choice. Nobody "forces" you to do it once, let alone multiple times.

It is similar to requiring people to relearn a glyph when they change it...oh wait, it used to be like that, and they changed it, and acquiring a glyph cost nothing more than a trip to the AH/Alt/Guild Scribe - and not a camping trip of a 3 day respawn that has quirky taming mechanics.

It's irrelevant that "it is similar". Not everything in the game needs to be reduced to a menu choice with trivial cost to changing your mind.

I think it's appropriate that difficult-to-tame pets should remain somewhat exclusive, and I agree with Ghostcrawler that hunters shouldn't be crazy cat hoarders. We've gone far enough in that direction already, thank you.
I've killed Lei Shi 20 times now in LFR, and no gun or shoulders to show for it. Repeating things, even joyless ones, does not seem to be a problem for Blizzard.

Killing bosses is something every class does. Taming pets is hunter exclusive. Plenty of cases of "tedious for the sake of being tedious" mechanics, that are class specific, that have been altered to be less tedious.

Even so, taming, abandoning and retaming a pet is a choice. Nobody "forces" you to do it once, let alone multiple times.

Again, changing glyphs is a choice. Nobody "forces" you to do it once, let alone multiple times. Yet, you don't "abandon" a glyph when you use a different one. Pets are essentially, "your active Pet does X instead of Y", which is very similar to most glyphs.

It's irrelevant that "it is similar". Not everything in the game needs to be reduced to a menu choice with trivial cost to changing your mind.

Not saying they should, just the things that are overtly (keyword) tedious with no reason or gain except for being tedious.

I think it's appropriate that difficult-to-tame pets should remain somewhat exclusive, and I agree with Ghostcrawler that hunters shouldn't be crazy cat hoarders. We've gone far enough in that direction already, thank you.

They would still be exclusive. You would have had to have tamed it in the first place. As for hoarding, different pet skins are nothing more than vanity. How much "vanity" has been turned into storage free collectible setups?

Also note: The Stable Master retrieval doesn't have to be free. IMO, it should be akin to Void Storage, only a cost to retrieve a prior tame. Granted, it would be nice if pet effects where a little more flexible before they did that. If it was purely for vanities sake, T-mog equivalent prices would be perfectly acceptable (i.e. exchanging a Panther for a Tiger).
I want more stable room for my pets. I'm search on web and there's many pets that I love. There are many different types of pet and it would be nice to at least able to store one of each kind. BLIZZ PLEASE GIVES US MORE ROOM FOR PETS.

Not to mention so many nice spirit beasts around. I suggest blizz should put up achievements for taming pets as well. Just like the achievements earned for capturing 'companion pets'.
Not saying they should, just the things that are overtly (keyword) tedious with no reason or gain except for being tedious.

If you want "less tedious", then tame a common pet. And don't abandon your rares in the first place. I suspect most hunters understand this intuitively, and thus isn't a real problem.

As for hoarding, different pet skins are nothing more than vanity. How much "vanity" has been turned into storage free collectible setups?

You drew the distinction between general, and class-specific mechanics, so you tell me, how many class-specific vanities have been turned into storage free collectible setups?

They would still be exclusive.

Not as exclusive as with a limited stable.
02/15/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Gnorf
If you want "less tedious", then tame a common pet. And don't abandon your rares in the first place. I suspect most hunters understand this intuitively, and thus isn't a real problem.

What's less tedious, pick pocketing low level trash for poison mats, oir being able to apply a poison without mats.

What's less tedious, farming soul shards from trash since you won't get what you need during the fight, or getting what you need from during combat.

What's less tedious, taming a pet out in the wild in whatever location that specific pet family (note: not even touching skins yet) is commonly found, or visiting the stable master for a copy of a pet that you have previously hunted down and tamed before.

To put it into perspective, even taming a common skin is a tedious task for the sake of being tedious. Having to do it once is fine for flavor reasons, having to do it again because you want to swap out some pets (and you have limited space due to having many rare skins).

You drew the distinction between general, and class-specific mechanics, so you tell me, how many class-specific vanities have been turned into storage free collectible setups?

Well it wasn't a matter of storage, but the several poly spells went from being random drops or quest rewards, to baseline spells. It isn't a matter of vanity, but several reagents have been removed from the game from several classes (i.e. totems, ammo, poisons, King Symbols, etc).

So...if removing storage issues for functional abilities on class specific mechanics is an appropriate action, and removing storage issues for vanity considerations (i.e. pets and mounts), is it really a stretch to consider removing storage issues for a vanity consideration on a specific class? Especially when the "challenging" part of the system (finding and taming the pet in the first place) is not being removed at all for the first tame, just the subsequent ones.

Not as exclusive as with a limited stable.

Then let's change it so there is only one stable slot, and freshly tamed pets are level one and only gain levels from mobs level appropriate to the hunter. That right there will definately ensure the level of excusivity you seem to be after.

The difference between limited stable, and not limited stable wouldn't change much. You can only use 5 pets at a time, you still have to hunt them down (and many hunters won't bother hunting a specific skin just so they can bury it in their stable, and even if they did, you still wouldn't see it out and about since it is buried in their stable), and until Blizz changes it, many pets are not even suitable for many scenarios, even though they have a "challenging" tame (which could simply be a rare spawn timer). Most of the time, 5-mans and question, and maybe 25-man raiding where all buffs are covered, you will see these odd pets, but that is about it.