Ravenholdt
01/21/2013 05:32 PMPosted by Aorris
P.S. I'm totally okay with raiding fading into some sort of obscurity. I've always hated the system, and what it's done to balance for the game.

That is totally your prerogative. However, raiding was around from the beginning, and is the core of the game. Arenas were added in 2.0.1. LoL might be a better game for you.
So basically, it's not really all that different from the current system, except there's no artificial wall of players wielding T2 weapons keeping you from being able to actually buy T2 weapons yourself.

Just for the record, there are ALREADY 4 tiers of PvP gear in the game currently (crafted, honor, conquest T1, conquest T2), so that's not a change at all.

Now instead of getting kicked around for eternity trying to get rating for malevolent, you will actually be able to get that after enough time, guaranteed.

Gotcha.

I will prolly still Arena for mine, because I just enjoy that a bit more than RBGs. /shrug

There wasn't a stat difference between T1 ad T2 gear. The ilvls were released and have been balanced around PvE gear so the difference between elite and non-elite gear is huge with every item having a stat difference. It's well over 50 ilvls between dreadful and elite Tyrannical. Basically, the plan is that only players with an increased point cap from higher rating will be able to get elite gear by the end of the season, unfortunately anyone can just do roflrbgs and get a huge point cap to get ahead of everyone. This will actually make win trading worse as you are getting the advantage of an entire set over everyone else instead of just the weapon. 2200 players will actually be getting a bigger advantage than before.

As far as the "It's a PvE game" crap goes, I really could care less. PvP was put into the game, so that makes it part of the game. Deal with it. The majority of changes are based around raiding and have screwed over PvP balance frequently, so I don't really get the complaints. "Shut up PvP guy" has always been a stupid argument. This isn't JUST a PvE game anymore no matter what you may personally want. There are enough subscribers playing for PvP that Blizzard feels it's beneficial to work on PvP and judging from all these recent changes, there might very well be a strong financial market for them to put all of this effort into PvP in a "PvE game" My guess is the 5.1* subscriber drops from the initial mess PvP put a little dent in their wallet, enough so that they're willing to care more about PvP.
we have a date for the update to 5.2 ? march ? blue posts ?
When do I get a free set of PvE epics?
Why are there so many people from random servers? If you want blue posts that tell you worthwhile things, go look at EU forums.
01/22/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Aorris
Why are there so many people from random servers? If you want blue posts that tell you worthwhile things, go look at EU forums.

Google search. Remember the thread "Cataclysm sucks'.

Har har har.
its funny seeing people talk like they know more than blizzard lol
Higher ratings will just get you gear a little faster via a higher cap.

It doesn't mean that others won't be able to get the elite gear if they don't have high ratings, as that is pretty much the exact opposite of why the changes are being implemented.

You can still earn conquest points outside of Arenas (as you keep pointing out), so there's nothing barring people from gearing up. It will just be a little slower than being 2200+, and that's fine.

So no, being 2200+ won't give you very much of a stat advantage for long. I think you're over-exaggerating a bit there, bud.

PS) You don't get free PvE gear because PvE bosses don't grind out points each week and keep getting better gear than you, making your attempts to down them get harder and harder each time.

PvE and PvP are different. It makes sense that the PvP playing field should be as even as possible if people truly want it to be "skill > gear". PvE, on the other hand, is a very linear game (as opposed to PvP dynamics), so a linear stat scaling w/ better gear is more in order.

My 2 gold.
01/22/2013 11:59 AMPosted by Aorris

Starien knows who I am. Just ask him!

01/22/2013 08:45 PMPosted by Zoggie

Let's all blindly accept the decisions made by a game developer with a degree in marine biology.
01/23/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Shuihuotu

Let's all blindly accept the decisions made by a game developer with a degree in marine biology.

Dude, if you would just keep the same name for more than a few months, you wouldn't have this issue. You don't get any sympathy from me.

It's Fred/Terrific/Guy-who-rivals-Elgooch-in-frequency-of-name/race/faction-changes.

Whatever you do, don't go to your account history and add up the cost of all of that over the years. You'll probably find a number that could have gone toward significant PC upgrades, yikes.
Aorris
90 Draenei Death Knight
House Ravensong

Yoo beddar git! Yar en tha' wrung side-uh tha server, Ceffie-guy!

... Nonsense. I'm a native Ravenholdtian.

Oh I guess you're why Drax hasn't emerged from under his bed for a while. I like you.
Dude, if you would just keep the same name for more than a few months, you wouldn't have this issue. You don't get any sympathy from me.

It's Fred/Terrific/Guy-who-rivals-Elgooch-in-frequency-of-name/race/faction-changes.

Whatever you do, don't go to your account history and add up the cost of all of that over the years. You'll probably find a number that could have gone toward significant PC upgrades, yikes.

Oh I've done the math. Then again it's probably cheaper than a lot of people spend on their hobbies.

And I'm really, really liking Kingship. I'm here for a while. =)
"Second Wind now generates 15 rage (was 20) over 10-seconds and the health regeneration effect will pause while the Warrior is stunned."

They may revert that last part, I am assuming because Warriors are getting wrecked on PTR.
01/31/2013 07:04 AMPosted by Zg
They may revert that last part, I am assuming because Warriors are getting wrecked on PTR.

Second Wind was never OP, and they should revert it with the change to Defensive Stance. Most of the issues were with people being unable to drop a warrior sitting in Defensive with Second Wind up, but people forget that warriors can't put out any pressure from the position either.

According to some sources, it has already been reverted, and the official notes haven't caught up yet.
01/23/2013 03:39 PMPosted by Shuihuotu

Who has eight years of insider knowledge about the game that you absolutely don't have. Also, access to a set of numbers that are a statistician's wet dream.

So, yeah. I think there are multi-millions of players who are quite willing to accept his decisions.

Grow the hell up.
01/31/2013 07:15 AMPosted by Lukar

Second Wind was never OP, and they should revert it with the change to Defensive Stance. Most of the issues were with people being unable to drop a warrior sitting in Defensive with Second Wind up, but people forget that warriors can't put out any pressure from the position either.

According to some sources, it has already been reverted, and the official notes haven't caught up yet.

Warriors could honestly put out pressure in a stance that reduces damage done by 20%.
Should we expect this patch in 2 weeks?

Wishful thinking, probably...