make gear cheaper as season progresses?

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 9 Next
01/10/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Marmoudd

Stay strong! This is a subject that we've been giving a lot of thought to lately. We'll have more to report in the near future.

Daxx, your last response about the pvp changes was in Tosan's topic almost 3 months ago. Can't you share anything to us?

Ever think of working for the Press?
Ok, then perhaps this should be done for VP gear as well... it's only fair right?
I'm glad they're looking at this. Overall, I think they've done a pretty good job with alts this time around. The rep grind was brutal at first, but with the Commendation it's not a big deal. It's pretty bad trying to get geared, though, and it's just going to get worse when the new raid comes out.
Why not add in a reduction in conquest points required to purchase gear as the season progresses? Like a 25 point deduction per week. That way casuals/people re rolling aren't left in the dust mid way through the season.

Stay strong! This is a subject that we've been giving a lot of thought to lately. We'll have more to report in the near future.

If this sort of system was implemented, would it be beneficial to also add some sort of rating decay? It would keep the good players playing throughout the season instead of having them front load their time and then just stop playing mid season when they hit the rating they want.
Anything that allows alts or latecomers to reasonably catch up is good news. Right now, the best advice I hear people is to just sit out and wait for the season reset
ohgod

I don't want to get my hopes up

but

ohgodohgodohgod
Guess we have to wait till the end of the week.

https://twitter.com/Ghostcrawler
@Bluebomber01 We're putting a blog together to try and explain the 5.2 PvP gear changes. No firm ETA yet. Maybe end of next week?
Remember that awesome expansion Wrath of the Lich king? There was this cool feature where you could buy PvP armor for Valor/conquest/justice/etc points as well as honor (around 40k honor per piece back then if i remember right xD) This perfectly ties in with Blizzard's new goal to tie PvE to PvP (for example pvp armor actually getting stats enough to be used as PvE armor) but it still doesnt go the other way around yet. PvEers can't just jump into PvP because of the huge difference PvP power and resil makes. TEH BALENZES BLIZZ
01/10/2013 07:34 PMPosted by Alpharuff
Must be hard being blue =) Thanks for the update

The smurfs are always happy!
Just increase battle fatigue by another 15%

That'll fix everything

Wouldn't be the least bit surprised.
Just increase battle fatigue by another 15%

That'll fix everything

why not another 25%?!
that way itll completely even out all that base resillience they gave us at the start of mop!
01/10/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Why not add in a reduction in conquest points required to purchase gear as the season progresses? Like a 25 point deduction per week. That way casuals/people re rolling aren't left in the dust mid way through the season.

Thank you for finally acknowledging that there's a problem and giving us a hint that you're thinking about a solution to the problem.
IMO it really doesnt matter the pvp game now is so rediculous whatever the decided action is alot are leaving =\
It goes like this usually on our battlegroup (horde owned totally 80%) run to were ever with group get feared,stunned,feared,pulled 2 ways,iced,feared,rooted,dased,feared killed by at least 5 DEAD..DEAD..DEAD
As a rogue with one trink out(2mcd) 1 stealth....there is NO WAY outta that kind of game and it happens EVERY GAME NO FAIL!
Complaining nope just telling it like it is worse pvp in any mmorpg history....2 mos to get one piece of gearROFLMAO..I quit!!!
why isent wow public test realm up i wanna answer i never played it i was trying to play it for the first time but it is down wow really
01/10/2013 06:55 PMPosted by Daxxarri
Stay strong! This is a subject that we've been giving a lot of thought to lately. We'll have more to report in the near future

I hope you make PvP Power more attractive somehow.