Rare crows are not fun.

Pet Battles
MY crow is one of my favorite pets. I caught an uncommon but stoned him up to rare.
I cleared off the entire island. Did not find a single crow.
01/07/2013 12:40 PMPosted by Lorinall
This is just what I was afraid of when they first announced that in addition to having "hard to find" pets, we'd also have random pet rarity. The odds at finding a rare-quality crow pet are terrible, and most frustratingly because there are so many different elements of RNG that have to align in your favor to obtain one.

Originally, the chance to get a shiny Pokémon was roughly 1/8192. There are people who have only seen the default (Storyline) shinies since they were introduced in GenII. (Despite multiple methods to 'increase' the shiny rate.) Next was getting a shiny that wasn't capitalistic, stat-wise, legitimately. Moral of the story? It isn't as bad as you think it is in Wowémon.

I am a collector. I will worry about farming for rares once I captured everything I can and I have nothing to do. Suffice to say my luck as been poor quality and common quality pets it is true. But the rare quality pets are far more common than trying to catch a shiny in Pokémon. The IVs fluctuate more than the breeds in Wowémon. And you never have to worry about your rare quality pet (unlike Pokémon) chance being eaten by an NPC battle. (The quality of the pets in the Wowémon NPC battles are, as far as I can tell, preset/determined.) Moral of the story... Someone should buy you some cookies. Cookies make everything better.
01/07/2013 03:07 PMPosted by Selenora
After spending approximately seven thousand years getting a damn larva, I'm just gonna stone that Crow. There's no need for me to play the RNG on top of RNG game.

Omg, the larva was a pain. I got lucky with a crow and saw one on the second glowfly, last month. I saw rare crows the day before they fixed it and the day of.
I haven't tried catching a Larva yet, but judging from the info on Wowhead, it looks almost as bad.

The only things setting the Crow apart are that the Darkmoon Faire is 1 week a of the month, and it's heavily populated during that time, and that the area in which pets spawn is small enough that one or two people can deplete all the battle pets and then fight over the respawns.

The only things setting the Crow apart are that the Darkmoon Faire is 1 week a of the month, and it's heavily populated during that time, and that the area in which pets spawn is small enough that one or two people can deplete all the battle pets and then fight over the respawns.

Would you be happier if all pets were lined up for you in front of SW - of rare quality?

Come on man, if each pet was the same spawn timer and method of capture - it'd be a pretty boring experience.
I hate to sound really mean, and trust me I really do, by why spend so much time and effort on getting a rare that you know is going to take a bundle of time to get. Why not capture a common, then go farm some level 23-25 flyers for the chance at a stone?

Clearly if your clicking on 100+ pets (as I read threw some posts above), why not save all that time and just outright farm for stones? I get atleast one stone per 30 battles, if not less, and I get to level my pets at the same time.

*shrugs* my two cents, stop wasting your time farming that rare when you could just farm the stone.
I'd prefer to save stones for pets that can't be caught as rare.
To be honest there are far worse pets to try to get as rare.

I've spent more effort on the Crow than any other Battle Pet so far.

5 !@#$ing Rare Adders, zero of anything else rare as a secondary. I've gone through 500+ Glowflies.

My experience as well. At least I have three rare eyes now.

Being clear, no crows at all.
Finally got a baby ape. Since no one else on the island, even got a rare. Still no crows at all. ...

/sigh. Another full clear of the island though.
Got one on my first battle >.<
01/08/2013 08:45 PMPosted by Holydawn
I get atleast one stone per 30 battles, if not less, and I get to level my pets at the same time.

Did you mean 300 battles?
I hate to sound really mean, and trust me I really do, by why spend so much time and effort on getting a rare that you know is going to take a bundle of time to get. Why not capture a common, then go farm some level 23-25 flyers for the chance at a stone?

Clearly if your clicking on 100+ pets (as I read threw some posts above), why not save all that time and just outright farm for stones? I get atleast one stone per 30 battles, if not less, and I get to level my pets at the same time.

*shrugs* my two cents, stop wasting your time farming that rare when you could just farm the stone.

That is a very unreliable way to get stones and nobody is that lucky. Every 30 battles? No way.

I've done over a thousand pet battles since the patch and have only obtained one pet stone from a wild pet battle. The others I've gotten (about 6) have all come from trainers.