Total loss of respect for blizzards blues...

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
01/16/2013 03:21 PMPosted by Eggo
Blues are just mouthpieces for the developers.

They're part of the PR team.

They're tasked with bringing information from the development team to us as part of their job.

However, if you wish to give feedback on the people posting in blue, write to:

wowcmfeedback@blizzard.com

Not a whole lot about them is open for discussion on the forums.
you must not understand how to read then. you can sense the attitude in blizzard's posts. its amazing to me considering we are their customers, but they are serving us an addicting "drug" and we keep coming back for more

I believe it was you who said in another thread that you work for your dad's steel company, no? Don't you ever have to give a little attitude back to customers who are being straight ign'ant towards you? I also work for my dad's company, and it's a near daily occurrence to me that I have to give a little 'tude back to our clients who give us millions in business each year.

I expect exactly the same from Blizz's CM's. You wanna act like a jerk? Hey, no problem, we can do that too!

I think a lot of people confuse not agreeing with Blizz's stance on something with Blizz's CM's having "bad attitudes". Just because it may not be the answer you want, doesn't mean it's rude! And no I'm not saying this is always the case.
Poor CMs. They simply cannot win.

They try to be polite: "Waah, stop dodging our questions!!!"

They try to be candid: "Waah stop being so mean!!!"
I don't understand why the game is suddenly so alt-unfriendly, and the tone of the blue post in that thread is that we don't need alts... It's going on 5 calendar months now since the game is out and leveling alts is still a pain. Who is a community manager in this game and doesn't understand that we like having alts?

TL;DR
You are not entitled to loot simply because you pay blizz for a service

Everyone is entitled to ask for whatever the F they want, if they're paying for a service.
Stating the truth is considered disrespectful nowdays?

Grow a pair.
01/16/2013 03:29 PMPosted by Maladomini
I don't understand why the game is suddenly so alt-unfriendly, and the tone of the blue post in that thread is that we don't need alts... It's going on 5 calendar months now since the game is out and leveling alts is still a pain. Who is a community manager in this game and doesn't understand that we like having alts?

The game is more alt-friendly than ever.

It just isn't giving alts massive incredible advantages over a main.
Poor CMs. They simply cannot win.

They try to be polite: "Waah, stop dodging our questions!!!"

They try to be candid: "Waah stop being so mean!!!"

It's extremely unfortunate, yes, and it tends to happen during any sort of customer-based interaction.
01/16/2013 03:14 PMPosted by Concequence
Waiting for BiS is not idiotic... they gave us this stupid upgrade system, took away traditional valor vendors. the Upgrades are designed to be the nerf mechanic, but say you spend some valor on that Rep vendor helm, and then tomorrow you get a helm off another boss youve been working on for months. ... you just wasted 2200 valor that would have been used on that "nerf" mechanic you wont EVER get back. You are now down 2200 valor worth of nerf on the zone.

This "stupid upgrade system" is the same as it was before excepting that you need certain levels of rep before you can access them. In all honesty, by the time you get enough valor points to buy something, you should have enough rep as well. You simply have to look at the available loot, determine what the best choice would be to spend your VP on, and work towards that rep.

Ok, sure, does it happen where that helm you've been working towards for VP suddenly drops in LFR, and you don't need to spend the VP anymore? Of course, but you're not "out" that VP now, you just have to maybe wait an extra week to use it. Big deal! When the opposite happens, as it has for me, then oh well, you suck it up and move on. You can't be afraid to spend that VP on the off chance that you might win an upgrade. If you are, do what I do - finish your LFR for the week, and THEN buy your VP item. At least you're guaranteed not to have wasted it until the next week resets, but understand that it IS going to happen, and it could've happened in the old system as well.
Blues don't agree with my opinion?

Conspiracy!
01/16/2013 10:53 AMPosted by Blutarsky
I think they show remarkable restraint given the nature of a lot crap that gets posted.

Horse !@#$.

This is the least alt friendly expansion since the early half of BC.

On what basis do you say that?

The second half of BC didn't even have heirloom gear!

Is this just about dailies rep?
Sorry, to busy leveling adorable panda's to care~

I enjoy the dailies, I haven't been deep into anything in a while, ever since the end of cataclysm I've been super casual, I didn't really care either, if you consider yourself "Casual" why in the world do you care about having the best stuff? Play for fun, not for gear.
The blues tend to be right about the dailies. Dont wanna do the work to have the best gear in the game? Thats fine. Do scenarios, dungeons, and LFR. You'll get gear, but not as good as gear from dailies. But its fair because you didnt work for it. You get what you put in. I see nothing wrong with dailies.
I understand Blizzard has locked gear behind rep and rep behind dailies because they don't want people to feel like they hit the glass ceiling gear wise and get bored. The problem with this mentality, in my humble opinion, is that now instead of logging in getting a few online chores done and proceeding to what they would prefer to do, you now feel forced into an avalanche of daily quests and have little time for much else.

I understand that no one is being "forced" to do daily quests. There is a definite feeling of coercion though. It is my belief that if Blizzard continues down this path of locking gear behind rep and dailies, they will burn people out and find themselves with less subs overall.
The game is more alt-friendly than ever.

It just isn't giving alts massive incredible advantages over a main.

Are you insane?

That's the most ignorant thing I have ever heard to date on this subject. What the heck in this expansion is telling you that there is time for an alt. I barely have enough time keeping up with the demands of raiding. And we are by no means very far into progression.

8 hours for LFRs ... I still have blues to replace... this far into the expansion. Farming... I still have plenty of farming I need to keep myself in potions and flasks. Heroics. I have to do many of those just to cap my valor... Scenarios when I can, still that lure of epic helm from those... I need to somehow replace this helm. 3 hours 3 days a week banging our heads against a tier that's too hard... and that is considered a very casual raid week. And on top of that, I would like maybe a day or two to spend with my wife going out to eat or watching a movie...

in Wrath and Cata, I had time to fully gear 2 alts. I kept them up to date in LFR, and some Normal gear. I had plenty of time to cap multiple reps and old world raids, and do dailies ... I had a LOT of time to get everything I could possibly want out of wow.

Now, I struggle very hard to keep up with a single character.

I really feel you are feeding me lines with this "alt-friendly" statement.
That's the most ignorant thing I have ever heard to date on this subject. What the heck in this expansion is telling you that there is time for an alt.

Which of my four 90's would you like me to refute you on?

The tank? The healer? Or one of the two cloth pure dps?
I like the blues just fine.
I just wish they would answer my question of "when a pet dies in battle, it will now never respawn".. what does that mean???
I'd love a blue to clarify!

From a EU cm's Twitter: https://twitter.com/alex_riveiro/status/291694606305853440

Hope that helps