Total loss of respect for blizzards blues...

General Discussion
Prev 1 7 8 9 26 Next
These forums are so polluted and vile it's sickening. The World of Warcraft community isn't the problem. It's the forums that are the problem. Absolutely no respect what so ever to the people who bring you a game you have enjoyed for years. A game that some of us have been playing since 2004. A game we have all come to cherish and love.

These CM's, GM's, Developers and every other employee of Blizzard are passionate about this game. And what do you do when someone starts bashing your passion? You get defensive. The same can absolutely be said about the employees of Blizzard.

You talk bad about their ideas, their way of thinking and their livelihood and you expect them to smile, and change everything for your own personal agenda? Where do you come off thinking you are entitled to that sort of treatment.

The majority of these forums ridicule, disrespect and bash the same people who have brought you hours and hours of entertainment. Some people have found their loved ones though wow. World of Warcraft has been a medium for multiple charities as well as Blizzard contributing countless amounts of money to charities. And you have the audacity to come on these forums, post nothing constructive, but instead trash talk the very people who are here to make sure that when you return home from work, you have an outlet of entertainment?

I am ashamed to even be counted among some of you as World of Warcraft players. You sit here and demand respect and yet you give absolutely none to those who deserve it most. Shame on each and every one of you.

/Salute Very well said
It's always interesting reading posts like this. I admit that I don't really get it. I read the blue's posts and I have great respect for them. I don't understand why people think that they are rude simply because they disagree.

I am, alas, at a loss. :(
Questing is an essential part of World of Warcraft. In the past, we've opened up hubs of daily quests tied to a specific storyline, but not necessarily integral to that expansion's theme. This time around, we worked to expand the storyline by coupling the lore of Pandaria and the various zones you adventure in with the daily quests that become available. The ultimate goal is to provide players who aren’t raiding, and who do enjoy questing, something to do at max level beyond grind heroics. One of the main complains in Cataclsym was there was nothing to do, you sat in Stormwind and queued for stuff. Daily quests, if you want to do them, do in fact lead to getting more people out and about in the world. Giving people something to do outside of instances.

We still very much believe players do not have to partake in daily quests to progress. Items that can be purchased from a Quartermaster can easily be matched by items earned through raiding and PvP. What it all boils down to is each individual’s play-style. There are those who will only want to run dungeons and raids; those who only want to PvP; those who only like to work on their farm and do some Pet Battles; those who only like to earn achievements, and any combination in between. We’re trying to appeal to millions of different types of players as best as we can, and we understand that not every piece of content or decision is going to be everyone’s favorite. That’s why to a large degree you can pick and choose what you want to do. It may not always be the most efficient, but the option is there. You've specifically seen that we’re listening to feedback in the addition of the Grand Commendations which not only benefit your alts but make the Revered->Exalted run that much shorter. You’ll also see some changes to reputation gains in Patch 5.2 where a player can champion a faction and earn reputation for their first heroic and scenario runs of the day.

On a personal note, every single person I work with is absolutely, 100% dedicated to their job, to this company, and to our games. Your concerns are our concerns. We may not always agree with you, and you may not agree with us, but in those disagreements we can try to have a conversation and come to understand the motivations of each other. The goal here is to better explain why we’ve designed the game the way we have, rather than disagreeing to disagree.

i just hit 90 and my few friends left (after the cata fiaso) tell me that you need to do dailies for rep to spend valor on rep items to gear up, and that the regular raids are tightly tuned so you will not likely find a guild to drag you through as a new 90. ive also noticed that currently the only other way to "gear up" without being super wealthy is to do senarios till you can get a item lvl high enough for heroics etc....however its increadbly slow to do this as you rarely get items from senarios or their box rewards (and when you do its for the wrong spec). ive all but given up on the idea of gearing up and joining a raiding guild to enjoy this game and its endgame content with friends...and ive just hit 90!

subscriptions where at an all time high in wrath, not because the game was hard (cata lost 2mill subs), or because the game was grindy (vanillia which the designers of the past saw (wisely) fit to change, MOP ... back up to wrath numbers yet? didnt think so), but because it was something you could get on and have fun doing. and not just with your main, you could enjoy the other classes via alts cause you knew you could get them ready to raid with your guild and friends in a reasonable amount of time. also having more alts ment doing more raids per week if you wanted which ment more fun for you and your guildies.

look blizz, ppl may get on the forums and talk a tough game about how they want a 'challenge' or dont want gear 'handed to ppl' etc. but the numbers dont lie. ppl do want an easy, fun game where they feel rewarded and feel like they are making progress.

so please stop getting on here being condecending to us reading your approved script about how you 'like' grindy dailies. cause if its true, which i suspect it isnt, then you're one of the few insane ppl and you need to listen to your customer base, the ones left who are complaining before you lose another 2 mill

LOL Last time dungeons were remotely fun and challenging was early Cata. And the last time they were truly fun and challenging was BC. Blizz breed this beast and now has to contend with it.

Cata dungeons got nerfed because ppl complained that they were hard. If anything blame the community for the changes

Oh, I blame the community. I watched it devolve from BC until now. However, I mainly level alts, run old content, pvp, and hangout. I don't care about raiding much anymore. So unless there's a pet, mount, or some unique item at the end of a faction rep grind I could careless.
So the OP wants to do two things at once? Different parts of the game should remain separate. A non-casual player deserves things to do outside of raiding/pvp as well. Blizzard's strategy is good here. Casuals can see the entire game... eventually. Actually, it's not even as bad as people make it out to be. Hyperbole doesn't make your case very strongly.
Respect is a 2 way street. Working in a job were I have customer who get mad at me because they can't print of copyrighted photos without the ok of the person(s) who took the photos. Good customer servers is NOT telling/giving the customer what they want. Its trying to help them as best you can. the blues have my respect.
01/16/2013 08:13 PMPosted by Azivalla
I'm still waiting for someone to tell me how running the same dungeon over and over is any better than running a set of dailies that change every day.

Different specs. Different roles. Different people, which means different pull styles, DPS etc.
Some groups may actually force you to use all your abilities.

And since it is a group experience (no way around it) there is always some socialization going on, which is the heart of a MMO. Dailies can all be done solo, are incredibly boring, offer little diversity in terms of approach, are mostly competitive instead of cooperative (always competitive if 2+ players of different faction are in the same area), taking much longer than a single dungeon for a simple set of reps.

The appeal of dungeons is the same as the appeal of any group sport. The appeal of dailies is like getting better at solving a rubik cube (there is a cap) or sudoku. Different people will like one more than the other, but the undeniable majority would rather play a group sport (dungeon) than improve his/hers own skills at a solo puzzle. And that is a fact.

It's simply crystal clear that the game has a problem, what that problem is AND how to fix it, but Blizzard Devs are way too stubborn to change their ways. It's also fun to realize that they've done content balancing pretty much the same way they do class balance: overnerfing/overbuffing way too much of what needs to be changed (even when it's painfully obvious that such change won't work), only to gradually reach balance later through small fixes. Then they restart the cycle. It's a really sad sight.
gearing today is far less of a grind than it was back in vanilla... do we not remember dkp - mages spending hours pre-raid making food etc... how many months did it take for one piece of gear...
blue pushed the party line a bit stringently - honestly it's probably a post blue should have simply ignored. The EU OP was voicing his opinion - the game is hard on casuals - and to him he feels compelled to drop a significant portion of his play time grinding stuff he would rather not do. If that's how he feels so be it - dont tell him he's wrong - but please dont push battlepets on him as alternative endgame content.
"You want to eat steak but not pay the price for it?" We all know the answer is going to be 'you cant have steak...' but dont add 'here i can hawk some gristly phlegm into a napkin for you' - it's not necessary.

I was about to write up a lengthy write up, until I went through one more page and saw this. And this is exactly what I was going to say. Gristly napkin phlegm excluded.

LOL Last time dungeons were remotely fun and challenging was early Cata. And the last time they were truly fun and challenging was BC. Blizz breed this beast and now has to contend with it.

Cata dungeons got nerfed because ppl complained that they were hard. If anything blame the community for the changes

Or you could blame Blizz for Wrath of the Casual King where all the concessions to the lowest common denominator began after Activision got in the picture and it became more about the money and not the experience.
01/16/2013 08:34 PMPosted by Oranash
Respect is a 2 way street. Working in a job were I have customer who get mad at me because they can't print of copyrighted photos without the ok of the person(s) who took the photos. Good customer servers is NOT telling/giving the customer what they want. Its trying to help them as best you can. the blues have my respect.

This.

And I work in retail with a copy center as well. :)
I like dailies. I've enjoyed doing them on multiple toons, even. I've raided, and let me tell you, I have a few friends in a guild I used to be in that's top 50. One of them hasn't done a single daily this expansion. He's barely even done any 5 mans. He's not getting carried. He knows, like anyone who is a good player at WoW, that it's not gear blocking your group. It's your strategy. You don't need to do dailies virtually at all. Heck, there aren't even shoulder/ helm enchants anymore from rep. There's like, a few pieces you can pick up that are second to things you can get from the first bosses in MSV. MSV is one of the most balanced intro raids Blizzard's ever made, it's perfect for people who are average players to come in and have a decent challenge. The only fight that might be difficult for some people is probably Elegon. Those couple extra stat points from gaining 6 ilvls isn't going to define your ability to complete content. It never has. Except maybe on HM LK first couple weeks.
01/16/2013 08:35 PMPosted by Mungoyoyo
Or you could blame Blizz for Wrath of the Casual King where all the concessions to the lowest common denominator began after Activision got in the picture and it became more about the money and not the experience.

And yet people still gripe that none of the raids are like Ulduar

Seriously I'm sick of hearing about Ulduar
I have to agree with the OP.

I understand that the idea of daily quests for rep is to give people reasons to do dailies and to "gate" the reputations. The end result of this is to slow down gearing.

What I don't understand is how the blue posts drop a big steaming dump on people for saying they don't like it. It is a retarded design. Many people who play this game and have a fulltime job, a family, and other responsibilities are screwed over because they do not have the time. This is not fair.

On top of that, the loss of rep tabards is complete and utter stupidity. All this is is a way for blizzard to "force people into the world" because people cried during Cata about "LFD ruins my immersion" and other stupidity like that. Many of these people who said that during cata are the same people crying about the rep tabards.

Blizzard attempted a fix with the failed "commendations" that still require you to do dailies. Yeah, you have to do less dailies now and its faster on alts, but you still have to farm dailies.

Here is the issue with farming dailies for rep to spend your valor. While you are farming dailies you aren't able to gear at the same time. With rep tabards you could farm gear and rep up at the same time. Two birds, one stone. Sure, you get 5 valor per dailiy, that doesn't exactly add up. Nor does it help people who have very limited time to waste on a video game.

Another reason I have seen posted by a blue for the loss of rep tabards is because people "repped up too fast." So what? You still need to farm the crap out of valor to buy anything. So while with rep tabards we may be able to rep up inside a week to exalted, we won't reap the benefits of that until we can actually get the valor anyways.

Them lets assume you hit 90 and go for loot before dailies due to limited time. Where do you spend your valor? You can't because you still need to farm the stupid dailies to spend it.

Dailies, Valor, Tabards, Reputations. The entire system for MoP is completely and utterly borked. If the next expansion follows this design I won't be buying it. A design that drops a big steaming crap on people with limited time or on people that enjoy leveling and gearing alts is not a design I will support.
OP, you're an idiot. The daily grind isn't broken. Listen to what they say instead of ignoring the Blues' responses. There are so many other methods. You're broken, not the system. I've lost respect for the people posting and complaining here. Give the Blues a break, they're right, you're wrong.
The real question is, would people be crying about doing dailies too much if the 25 dailies cap never vanished?
Er mah gerd. Did I really just hear that we will be able to earn rep through our first heroic and scenario of the day?

No yeah, I feel a lot better about 5.2. At least there will be a FEW less dailies. At least for the T14 reputations.
01/16/2013 08:42 PMPosted by Ho
The real question is, would people be crying about doing dailies too much if the 25 dailies cap never vanished?

It's comical how back when dailies used to reward almost nothing that everyone wanted the cap gone.

Now it's WHAT DO YOU MEAN I HAVE TO DO DAILIES?

Further proof that this playerbase has no idea what it wants other than more things to complain about.
Personally I am impressed with how the Blues have changed. These days its impossible to please everyone and the amount of ridiculous posts that appear on a daily basis are more than enough to wear down anyone. As mentioned earlier the Blues are passionate about the game and they strive to help where they can. Its just gotten to the point where Im sure they are sick of reading the same crap over and over with people crying about this or that.

http://www.thedailyblink.com/comics/2012-11-30-388.jpg comes to mind.

Also running dungeons/scenarios with a tabard is just as repetitive as doing dailies, there just isin't a daily cap on it. I also fail to see why you should get rep for essentially doing nothing as you were going to spam dungeons to gear up anyway.

If you don't have time to do all the dailies then pick one faction which provides the biggest upgrade and focus on doing them and then move on to the next.

Similarly if you can't find the small amount of time it takes to do dailies then you surely do not have the time to raid. Unless you are raiding you are not forced to do dailies for gear and even then only the relatively top end raiders will force you to get the gear.