No 'find fish'?

Professions
I am currently at 564/600 for fishing and I still do not have the ability to find fish nodes. Is there a particular area that I need to fish in order to find the Weather-Beaten journal? I have fished in several of the places that have been mentioned in the searches I have done but have yet to come across it.

Am I missing something?
Stranglethorn Vale usually has the best drop rate. It can also drop from the daily rewards bag.
Fishing in pools of junk is the best way to fish up the journal, as I understand it. It can also drop from the bag that's awarded by the fishing daily quest in major cities.
have you checked your graphics settings, if liquid deatail is at low you wont be able to see nodes easily.

(i dont think this is what you're after though)
have you checked your graphics settings, if liquid deatail is at low you wont be able to see nodes easily.

Heh, no. OP is looking for the book that allows one to track fishing pools, like tracking herbs or ore =)

Heh, no. OP is looking for the book that allows one to track fishing pools, like tracking herbs or ore =)

those are easy to get. find wreckage they occur along the ocean area. each fish cast will get 1 box, possible 3-4. one of them should have the book it is easy to get.
I've always done the fishing daily in one of the capital cities. It seems like I always pull the book or a strand crawler out of those bags.

<_<
Is the book still required to find fish?

Do you have "find fish" set on your tracking on the mini-map?
Yes, the book's still required to learn the Find Fish tracking ability (and the achievement).
Thought the best source was fishing dailies or fishing up junk pools in Zangarmarsh. Doubt it should take more then a half hour or so.
Is the book still required to find fish?

Do you have "find fish" set on your tracking on the mini-map?

Yes.

And to OP, I went to Zangarmarsh and fished in the flotsam pools. It took about an hour of flying around and finding the pools visually and fishing in them for me to get a crate that had one in it. I think I fished up about 10-20 crates during the time, and was about to give up when I got it.

BTW, this was only like 2 weeks ago on a new main. So the info is still fresh.
I'd make sure to look through all your bags, including the bank, to be sure the book isn't stashed somewhere from your early levels.
Fish up junk nodes in Zangarmarsh!
I always head to Stonetalon and fish the junk pools near the Venture Co. area. It's accessible for a nice range of lower level alts and fishing levels and I never have to fish for long to get it in the junk boxes.

DMF is here and you can also get it out of the pools found in the waters there, along with lots of other goodies. :)
I was in the same situation until last weekend. I went to STV and fished all the pools I could find for about an hour. During that time I had fished up about 25 Iron Bound Chest which mostly contained junk...but finally I got the Book.
I always head to Stonetalon and fish the junk pools near the Venture Co. area. It's accessible for a nice range of lower level alts and fishing levels and I never have to fish for long to get it in the junk boxes.

DMF is here and you can also get it out of the pools found in the waters there, along with lots of other goodies. :)

That's where I got my book recently. I got it quicker than a friend could fly there from Orgrimmar to "show me exactly where to fish." Haha :)
Are you doing the fishing dailies? My last two toons to get the Journal got it in the Bag of Shiny Things.

Otherwise, the pools of wreckage etc. off Stranglethorn (especially along the west coast) have always been the best bet as far as I've been able to find.
Shows you got the achieve for it on 10/10/2010. Guess maybe that is from a different toon?

Click the magnifying glass on your mini map and check "show fishing pools"
I did a random daily in Thunder Bluff, and the reward was the book that taught you how to Find Fish.
01/09/2013 12:29 PMPosted by Faestus
Fish up junk nodes in Zangarmarsh!

This is where I always get mine, in the first three casts too.