Do you even read tickets half the time?

Customer Support
My ticket: This character, Femacia, and Lumanahri are all sitting on mail cannot be deleted without completing the Pandaren starting zone. They are taking up space I'd like to have back. Is there any way to have them deleted without doing this zone fore all three?

Blizzard's response: I’m really sorry I couldn’t catch you online. I know the wait is long =/ Believe me, we're working like crazy to get the wait time down, but for now this is the best way to try to help you.

I will be investigate your report and take all necessary and appropriate actions to address this matter. Due to privacy concerns, we will not be able to notify you of our findings, nor of the actions necessary for resolution of this issue.

In the future if you encounter a player using an offensive name or foul language, violating our chat policies, or cheating, you can quickly right-click on their name in chat, and select Report Player For. If you have the character targeted, you can right-click their portrait and select Report Player.

We thank you very much for assisting us in keeping WoW clean! Have an awesome day! :D

Should you require further assistance, please click the “Need More Help” button. If I have resolved your issue fully, clicking on the “Message Read” button will close out your petition.

Clearly, I was requesting to have some lowbie characters deleted from my account due to the issue with mail and the Pandaren starting zone.. I'm not reporting my own names >.<
Why not try being specific and not being so vague ?

Try this :

Character name : xxxx
Realm : yyyy
Please delete as it's in the Pandaren Starting zone and I can't get to a mailbox to delete it myself.

Ty for your time.

I would say that would probably work better than the vague ticket you put in.
What's vague about it? I put there names and made the ticket on the server. It went from me requesting deleting characters to Blizzard thinking I am reporting players...
Give them a day or two and they will delete the mail from those alts. Then you will be able to delete the alt.

I had no difficulty when I submitted a ticket for an alt that had mail stuck in the account while on The Wandering Isle. I think it took about 8 or 10 hours and my ticket was taken care of. I sent it in just before I went to bed, when I got on WoW the next day around 1 pm it had been taken care of for several hours. lol

The time depends on how many tickets they have at that time to process. The clarity of your request also makes a difference probably.

The response you received is standard format basically saying they received the ticket and it's in the que.

Do not try to "bump" your ticket. They work from the oldest to the newest so if you bump it or reply to it again it moves it back up to the newest and it will take them longer to get to you.

Just be patent.

Again, clarity can help. My ticket basically said:
Shadowsong server.
Alt name: whatever it was.
Problem: I do not wish to play this class and wish to delete the alt. Mail is in account and alt is on The Wandering Isle so I can't delete the mail or alt.

Thanks

Bingo, mail is gone and alt can be deleted.
01/18/2013 05:21 PMPosted by Somaliu

The ticket isn't vague.

He's (she's) got 3 characters in starting zones that can't be deleted due to having mail.

He'd (she'd) like to not finish the start zones and have the space back to make new characters.
01/18/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Crepe

The ticket isn't vague.

He's (she's) got 3 characters in starting zones that can't be deleted due to having mail.

He'd (she'd) like to not finish the start zones and have the space back to make new characters.

Does (s)he have any other characters with those same names ? Specifying the server that the characters are on would have been more practical as GMs are not server specific is all I was hinting at.
01/18/2013 05:25 PMPosted by Icarui
taking time from Blizzard who could be helping people with REAL issues

Having characters you can't delete at will because there is no available mailbox IS the kind of issue the GM department exists to help with.
So, basically..

You're submitting a ticket AND complaining on the forums, taking time from Blizzard who could be helping people with REAL issues such as stuck characters or locked accounts, because you're too lazy to go through a starting zone?

Yeah, no pity from me.

Which issues are 'real' issues? Yours?
So, basically..

You're submitting a ticket AND complaining on the forums, taking time from Blizzard who could be helping people with REAL issues such as stuck characters or locked accounts, because you're too lazy to go through a starting zone?

Yeah, no pity from me.

Which issues are 'real' issues? Yours?

Did I say I was having issues that needed addressing more than him? And I gave you examples of real issues.

Stuck characters, locked accounts. Things that actually stop people from playing the game, rather than catering to those who decided to roll a new toon, then became too lazy to see it through enough to get the mail off.

Having characters you can't delete at will because there is no available mailbox IS the kind of issue the GM department exists to help with.

Yes, that's an issue if they can't fix it by themselves. The OP just doesn't wanna take time out of their precious day go through a starting area.
01/18/2013 06:02 PMPosted by Icarui
Stuck characters, locked accounts. Things that actually stop people from playing the game, rather than catering to those who decided to roll a new toon, then became too lazy to see it through enough to get the mail off.

This is your opinion, not blizzards. Calling people names is not constructive and it is rude. Please try to refrain from doing that.

Yes, that's an issue if they can't fix it by themselves. The OP just doesn't wanna take time out of their precious day go through a starting area.

Deleting mail so that you can delete a character is 100% something that GM's help with. I did the same thing with a panda I made and decided I didn't like the name. As soon as the GM got the ticket they deleted the mail. Why should anyone have to waste time leveling just to delete a character? Sometimes there is mail we can't see, like from gold spammers. This will also prevent us from deleting characters. We can't even see it. This is a real issue that GM's can help with.

To the OP just submit your ticket and ask them to delete the mail. Let them know what character(s) and what realm. This is something they can help you with. Unfortunately they probably misread your ticket or something. I am not sure. Sorry it wasn't fixed the first time. Just do another ticket and shouldn't be an issue.
01/18/2013 06:10 PMPosted by Tinkrashi

This is your opinion, not blizzards. Calling people names is not constructive and it is rude. Please try to refrain from doing that.

Deleting mail so that you can delete a character is 100% something that GM's help with. I did the same thing with a panda I made and decided I didn't like the name. As soon as the GM got the ticket they deleted the mail. Why should anyone have to waste time leveling just to delete a character? Sometimes there is mail we can't see, like from gold spammers. This will also prevent us from deleting characters. We can't even see it. This is a real issue that GM's can help with.

To the OP just submit your ticket and ask them to delete the mail. Let them know what character(s) and what realm. This is something they can help you with. Unfortunately they probably misread your ticket or something. I am not sure. Sorry it wasn't fixed the first time. Just do another ticket and shouldn't be an issue.

I have 3 characters I'm trying to get deleted, all with names I decided I didn't like. My problem was the ticket I submitted was pretty much overlooked, and considered me reporting someone. I got a good laugh about it, and had to resubmit.
Stuck characters, locked accounts.
There are Game Master teams that are specifically for these issues.
01/18/2013 05:23 PMPosted by Crepe
The ticket isn't vague.

The ticket was vague and led to confusion.

01/18/2013 05:22 PMPosted by Femoxus
What's vague about it?

These parts of the ticket:

01/18/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Femoxus
Femacia, and Lumanahri are all sitting on mail

01/18/2013 05:08 PMPosted by Femoxus
They are taking up space

Can be read that other people are standing on the mailbox, and that you are reporting them for this action. I know that you didn't mean this, but at first glance, that is how I interpreted it myself.

A second, closer reading made it clearer, but sometimes, it doesn't get that second read. Your ticket needs to be clear and concise. Re-open the ticket and be clear that you want the mail removed, so you can delete the characters.
01/18/2013 06:53 PMPosted by Madisón
The ticket was vague and led to confusion.

I would agree with Madison, that ticket at first glance had me thinking that someone was sitting on a mailbox.

Understand the volume of tickets that GM's have to go through, resubmitting the ticket is the way to go.

Keep it Simple Simon is always a good way to go.

Name:
Realm:
Problem: I need the mail for these toons deleted as they are in the Panda Starting Zone with no mailbox and I would like to delete them.

Do not throw in extra unneeded words that could confuse the GM with assisting you.
To the OP did you log onto the characters and check them again? It may have just been a copy paste error and the GM might have actually deleted the mail.
Clearly, I was requesting to have some lowbie characters deleted from my account due to the issue with mail and the Pandaren starting zone.. I'm not reporting my own names >.<

I am sorry for the frustration, Femoxus. Clearly there was a bit of misunderstand, it happens from time to time. That is one of the reasons why we have surveys available when the issue has been marked as resolved. If you wish to provide feedback regarding the assistance you were provided the appropriate venue to do so would be there.

While I can appreciate your situation there is little I could do so pass your feedback along.

Please reopen the your ticket if you have not done so already, so your request can be looked into.
01/18/2013 08:08 PMPosted by Enu
This does not happen "time to time" , it happens to 50% of my tickets that i submit.
Perhaps you need to be clear and concise on your tickets. Make them short, and directly to the point. Don't add anything extra into it, merely what you are asking for. If you want the mail deleted on a character, make it along the lines of this:

Mail Delete Please.
Flatspriest on Echo Isles.
Please remove all of my mail on this character so I can delete the character.

See how clear and concise that is?
01/18/2013 08:08 PMPosted by Enu
This does not happen "time to time" , it happens to 50% of my tickets that i submit.

And yet it has never happened to a single ticket I have opened over the years. You do not equal everyone.