Let us see how many bosses are dead already..

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 9 Next
So you wait an hour in que, to get stuck on the last boss, to get no loot. Then have to turn around and do it all over again? No thanks. I agree please let it be our choice.

before: you saw a partial pop after waiting in queue and re-queued all over again and saw a partial pop and re-queued all over again and saw a partial pop and re-queued all over again, ad infintum until a fresh instance was found about 2 hours later and then cleared it and got 90 valor

now: you see a queue pop after about an hour and you take it and MIGHT be a partial and you help clear it if so, getting 90 valor, and if it WAS NOT a partial you clear it and get 90 valor and are done OR if it WAS a partial, re-queue all over again for about an hour and MOST LIKELY get a fresh instance and clear it and get 45 valor and are done

01/25/2013 12:09 PMPosted by Moìra
showing how many bosses are defeated does **NOTHING** to solve the queue issue. You'd still have to deny the 3/4 LFR queue and requeue anyway
Posted by Bashiok
If you enter and complete a partial clear you will be given priority for a fresh run the next time you enter the queue, letting you pick up any missed bosses. The 45 Valor for completing that run too isn't a bad deal, either.

If there wasn't a weekly cap. I long for some new blood at the top.
I generally find I'm in a 2/3 partial, and when I re-queue to pick up those first two bosses it does not take an hour to down the final boss. Is it taking you an hour to kill a boss?

45 valor for about 15 minutes more of my time is pretty efficient.

I generally find that when I'm in a 2/3 partial and I re-queue to pick up the first two bosses I drop group when those bosses are down.

45 valor just isn't worth it to me when I'm going to cap through daily quests and the daily 5 man anyway.

Edit: Actually that only applies to my alts. On this guy I don't need anything from any LFR, so I actually prefer 2/3 partial runs for the quick valor.

I agree the 45/90 valor for LFR is way to low, Blizz should have stuck to the 150/250 valor like they did with Cata LFR. Takes forever to get cap and to get valor gear with such low valor rewards for instances.
I don't get why do people complain about a feature that was intended for people that don't normaly raid to see content!

It was not intended to gear your toon to get an edge on normal raid. The players made it into that. So then if you want to make the function of raid finder as a means to get an edge take whatever penalty you get from it. Because in the end is working as intended!

You guys already spoiled the loot system by trying to exploit it and then crying about it.

The mentality just totally makes me want to hack your account and delete your gear OP, so that you have a valid reason to cry about.

It's as retarded as writting LFR because people don't want to say Looking for raid because they are lazy but then again it's called Raid finder so if you are being lazy you should call it RF.

Or when people get offended when some one is writting in all CAPs because to them that is screaming. When in reality in grammar when a person is screaming they put an exclamation point! But no one would get offended at an exclamation point.
while you're waiting for that LFR queue to pop since it's going to take half an hour anyway why not do a scenario or 2?

You can queue for both, didn't you know?
what ques are an hour long? as dps i never have over 20 minute wait except for ToES which is about 30 minutes on average, leave it to people to over exaggerate to get their way
01/25/2013 12:22 PMPosted by Begrudge
what ques are an hour long? as dps i never have over 20 minute wait except for ToES which is about 30 minutes on average, leave it to people to over exaggerate to get their way
lol... it does not happen to you, therefore it does not happen to anyone else...

lovely logic there...

yes, my queues for the last 3 weeks on my 90 hunter have been one hour each time i queue

im not complaining, im just confirming

i totally understand that i HAVE to wait HOWEVER long it takes for other players to queue and for an instance to be ready and need me in it...
lol... it does not happen to you, therefore it does not happen to anyone else...

lovely logic there...

yes, my queues for the last 3 weeks on my 90 hunter have been one hour each time i queue

SS or it didnt happen, never on any of my characters ever have I ever qued for anything since the game came out with queing for ANYTHING ever on ANY server I play on has NEVER had anything that long of a wait time, you guys are just exaggerating and getting all super defensive if anyone says anything you dont want to hear. And yes I have characters on your server as well, which i might also want to add is the second worst server out there, so i take what you say with a grain of salt in the first place.
01/25/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Congelatore
This presupposes that I have the extra time to actually run two LFRs per week of the same instance... I don't (2+ hours of queue = no). If I decide to queue for LFR (which I no longer do), I want to do a fresh run, period.

And I believe you presuppose you're the only person playing. ;)

01/25/2013 11:46 AMPosted by Congelatore
Bashiok, you know how much I love watching you work and running LFR, but I've got Azeroth's 500th anniversary to plan, my wedding to arrange, my wife to murder, and Guilder to frame for it; I'm swamped.

Well I appreciate the quote, at least. But, and don't take this the wrong way, think back to a time not-that-long-ago before LFR existed. How much raid content were you seeing then, how far had you progressed, and what was the time investment? I'm not saying we don't want LFR to be a smooth and pleasant experience, or be accessible, but it's putting 25 people together to let them see, experience, and even get awesome items from end-game content. That is pretty amazing. Automated game systems can only do so much to ensure it's a pleasant experience on the personal terms and whims for every single person.
01/25/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Begrudge

lovely logic there...

SS or it didnt happen, never on any of my characters ever have I ever qued for anything since the game came out with queing for ANYTHING ever on ANY server I play on has NEVER had anything that long of a wait time, you guys are just exaggerating and getting all super defensive if anyone says anything you dont want to hear. And yes I have characters on your server as well, which i might also want to add is the second worst server out there, so i take what you say with a grain of salt in the first place.

This week my ToES DPS queue was 50 minutes. This is not an exaggeration.

My DPS queues vary from 25 min. to 55 min. depending on what day and time I queue.
01/25/2013 12:26 PMPosted by Begrudge
SS or it didnt happen
because SS cant be photoshoped, right?
Joining an LFR in progress, especially for bosses you've already killed, is unrewarding as hell. And it's frustrating. Not fun at all.
it doesnt matter what I say you will come up with some excuse just like you have with everyone else that disagreed with you on this thread, it is not constructive nor intuative to always believe everything you say is correct and I can tell from your answers you are either trolling just out make someone have a bad day as none of your answers provides any type of constructive feedback other then lies.
01/25/2013 12:53 PMPosted by Begrudge
none of your answers provides any type of constructive feedback
prove it
you just did for me
01/25/2013 12:46 PMPosted by Congelatore
The point I was shooting for is this: if I choose to take part in PvE content via LFR I don't want to have to run multiple instances (of the same instance) just to see each and every boss, most importantly by sitting in at least two very long DPS queues.

Absolutely. We don't want for you to run the same instance multiple times either. We'd be happy to entertain ideas for how we can put a group of 25 strangers together, who all have different goals, expectations, and time constraints, and see each of them remain until the end regardless of anything else that happens in the raid or in their life (drops, wipes, wife came home, cat peed on foot, etc.).
01/25/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Begrudge
you just did for me
prove it
01/25/2013 12:55 PMPosted by Bashiok
The point I was shooting for is this: if I choose to take part in PvE content via LFR I don't want to have to run multiple instances (of the same instance) just to see each and every boss, most importantly by sitting in at least two very long DPS queues.

Absolutely. We don't want for you to run the same instance multiple times either. We'd be happy to entertain ideas for how we can put a group of 25 strangers together, who all have different goals, expectations, and time constraints, and see each of them remain until the end regardless of anything else that happens in the raid or in their life (drops, wipes, wife came home, cat peed on foot, etc.).

Sharks with Laser beams?
01/25/2013 11:19 AMPosted by Jola
my suggestion may be to make each boss something you queue for separately
queues are short for MSV and long for TS, why? because everyone is queueing for MSV atm and not for TS (because alot of mains are geared up and now ppl are working on alts which start in MSV) same thing would happen if bosses are solo queued and would solve nothing...

People still run mains through to VP cap. Even those clearing 16/16 on normal/heroic a week still need to come up with another 360 VP to cap and 4 out of 5 LFR segments will do that. The reason the queues for MSV are short and HoF/TES are long is because fewer players meet the item level requirements to get into HoF/TES.