Dear Horde AV BG Multiboxer

Battlegrounds
01/21/2013 09:55 AMPosted by Chetarindre
Howeever, you often get broken into groups in AV defending towers and such, so one multiboxer could wipe us out of any place we were defending.

That means the opposing team has spent too many resources in one place to take you out and now 1/4 of their team is huddled solely in a bunker.

If there are only 3 of you defending in a tower and only 3-4 people need to be sent to wipe you out - that means the 6-7 extra characters on that team are being wasted taking back that tower.

Look at it this way as well - if you have 10 characters hitting you for 2k each - that's 20k damage total. You do not have 20k life - you only have 7.5k life. More than half of the attacks against you were wasted and could've been better spent attacking a different target instead, but a multiboxer cannot do that.

We had to work around them, but could never face them directly, unless there was a ton of us in one place.

Yes - usually you need to have at least even numbers for the outcome of a fight to be favourable.

I made my request.

Your request is a little silly, to be very blunt.

Asking anybody, multiboxer or not, to "one on one" you in a battleground makes no sense.
I see your point. And, actually, it makes me feel a little better. I can see the potential waste. But I was referring to "one toon / one person", not a one on one duel in a BG. I get the team concept and really like it. Sometimes I can be silly, but maybe not that much.
If the multiboxer is looking to enjoy their style of play in PVP and we avoid them or mass stomp them then that defeats the purpose for them, I would think.
If they are looking to introduce an unexpected element to tip the balance in their teams favor, I can respect that. It makes us scramble to get our act together.
If they are looking to farm kills and mass destruction then I don't agree, and it seemed to me (whatever that is worth) that the player was going for that.

I can adapt, eventually. :)
01/21/2013 02:27 PMPosted by Chetarindre
But I was referring to "one toon / one person", not a one on one duel in a BG.

Now you're back to asking them to stop multiboxing, though.

If the multiboxer is looking to enjoy their style of play in PVP and we avoid them or mass stomp them then that defeats the purpose for them, I would think.

You can try to avoid them all you'd like - but most battlegrounds don't really go that way. You generally will encounter the other team at some point, even in AV, especially if they're looking for you!

If they are looking to introduce an unexpected element to tip the balance in their teams favor, I can respect that. It makes us scramble to get our act together.

It confuses most people, yes.

If they are looking to farm kills and mass destruction then I don't agree, and it seemed to me (whatever that is worth) that the player was going for that.

It's PvP - some people only do it to kill other players. If they want to be a killing machine, and are skillful enough to accomplish that - that's really their business. You might not like that style of play, but some do. You can't force people to play under your set of ideals.

There are achievements in this game for acquiring a large amount of kills, as well as achievements such as wrecking ball that encourage you to kill as many people as you can without dying. Those encourage the kind of play that you personally do not like - yet are still part of the game.
01/21/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Toskosa
i only ever see 5 boxxing shammies :( i wanna see some 5 boxing dk's or something too. actually i have seen a 4 man mage team before.

I'll try and set up a stream sometime. I'm usually running a HPal + 4 Frost DKs with another boxer of the same comp, we normally do the smaller battlegrounds like EotS and TP/WSG.
I am not trying to avoid the other team. Couldn't if I wanted to, lol. We did start to track the multiboxer and avoid THAT player as much as possible and go around behind where they already been. If you want PVP, I would think that would take away from the fun. I am certainly not trying to FORCE anyone to play in any particular way. As someone on the other side, I did not like it and said so. If I see them again, I will continue to learn to work around them. I'm not doing anything to them or you. I left my pitchfork and torches at home, I promise:)
Seriously, it totally freaked me out to be demolished by a group of DK and their undead army. 4 or 5 times later, I still couldn't identify the main toon and didn't know what to target.
Boxing is NOT a walk in the park.

I used ISBOXER to dual box a couple shammies using RAF very recently.

Dat triple XP yo...so hot right now.

Anyways, it's not as roll face as you might think, and does require some coordination keeping all of them coordinated and on the right target.

My advice is liberal use of mass fears.

PS Worst story from my brief stint with dual boxing, one of my toons was vote kicked out of a dungeon because he was "a bot". I raged pretty hard over that.
Pros of multiboxing:
Everyone in their 'team' plays nice and focuses the same target.
They're almost guaranteed to win any even or lesser fight due to coordination.
Instant reaction if something comes up such as a healer.
They don't abandon the group to die.

Cons:
CC sucks for them (win/lose they have to reform)
Death sucks for them (win/lose they have to travel to meet up and reform)
They're all one class (true unless someone is amazing. Then kudos to them ^.^)
They want to avoid like the plague anywhere where massive groups will show up see CC and Death cons.
However many people are in their group can't be used for ANYTHING else.
01/21/2013 03:17 PMPosted by Chetarindre
If you want PVP, I would think that would take away from the fun.

What? I'm not entirely sure what you mean.

I am not trying to avoid the other team. Couldn't if I wanted to, lol. We did start to track the multiboxer and avoid THAT player as much as possible and go around behind where they already been.

There's only so much you can "avoid" that player when that player is a 1/4 of the team. :P

I did not like it and said so.

I don't like brussels sprouts.

I still couldn't identify the main toon and didn't know what to target.

There isn't a "main" toon - that can be swapped on the fly. They were likely playing from the perspective of their holy paladin - but that is easily changed.

Kill what you can.
I don't like Brussels sprouts, either. . . Something we can agree on. I would have thought that if the other team avoids you or group stomps you, that it would be less fun. I know, I know, an opinion without facts. Sorry. Just the way it seems to me.
Kill what you can. . . I can do that
And then I die again
Story of my BG life, lol.
And not dissing the skill, since I am still learning one toon. Playing several toons would make my head explode.
01/21/2013 01:56 PMPosted by Toskosa
i only ever see 5 boxxing shammies :( i wanna see some 5 boxing dk's or something too. actually i have seen a 4 man mage team before.

I saw someone leveling 5 monks in hyjal a few weeks ago - i would have liked to seen what they did with em.
=(

01/21/2013 03:25 PMPosted by Muffindiver
Dat triple XP yo...so hot right now.

Preach it.
Sigh...just went up against one of your horde multiboxers in AV.

Such a waste of time. I can just imagine him sitting behind his screen all day long running the same bg over and over again, day after day, month after month, year after year, with the occasional attack against some ally outpost just spice up his life a little. How sad....LOL
Almost as sad as bumping a month old thread to complain someone beat you in a game.
It is what it is...
Then just two minutes ago, we soundly beat the horde and won AV again. No horde multiboxer this time. For the Alliance!
Such a waste of time. I can just imagine him sitting behind his screen all day long running the same bg over and over again, day after day, month after month, year after year, with the occasional attack against some ally outpost just spice up his life a little. How sad....LOL

Welfare and Jack Daniels ftw!

I just wonder tho....

What exactly does it smell like in that room he never leaves
02/24/2013 10:18 PMPosted by Candî
What exactly does it smell like in that room he never leaves

Smells like chinese takeout atm.