Aeonaxx killed 8:15 am server time....but....

Ravenholdt
This morning I spotted Aeonaxx in Deepholm on Ravenholdt at 8:12 am realm time using NCP scanner and Silver Dragon (JOY!).
I mounted Aeonaxx and fought. At about 8:13 both scanners altered me again to another rare as I was mounted and fighting Aeonaxx (The rare was the Terborus).
I killed Aeonaxx over Death Wing's fall and the corpse landed on the northern most catwalk as I parachuted to the ground at 8:15.

...now here is the '.....but...'

I ran up to Aeonaxx to loot the mount but no loot tag existed anywhere over Aeonaxx.
I killed a Twilight MOB that was close by hoping to bypass a possible glitch to collect the mount from Aeonaxx but there was still nothing.
I moved around the catwalk running the cursor over the corpse but no loot icon appeared.
I moved under the catwalk attempting the same thing but still no icon appeared.
At 8:20 Aeonaxx's corpse despawned and I had not been able to receive any loot (mount........) from him.
I submitted a detailed bug report with this information, also including that I also use NCP overlay and MRP as addons.

Started a thread in Support and game bugs as well as in the general forum looking for info for anyone else who had this problem.

I have been camping on and off for about 6 months now and am kinda bummed out. I read one other report from 2011 of another player killing Aeonaxx but not receiving any loot either. The post never stated what or if anything was resolved.

Has anyone else had this very disappointing bug happen to them, and what were you given as a response?

And a new story will be coming :P.
01/25/2013 07:22 AMPosted by Mockrabbit
I have been camping on and off for about 6 months now and am kinda bummed out.

I'm sorry! That's terrible. I would be really bummed out, too. D:

I'm sure a GM will be able to assist you though. I'm not very technical so I have no idea how but I assume everything can be tracked--it all just seems like magic to me, really.

Keep us posted and let us know how the situation is resolved!
Thanks Candela.

The Thread in General has gotten me some info so far, but not a lot.
For the most part I will need to submit an in-game ticket (once I am done at the office and back at my studio much later today) (I also only submitted a bug report in-game)stating the realm, too, time, date what happened and ask them to verify and please send me my pretty mount.

There was a poster that stated it happened to them once and they where told by a GM that it was a bug and they couldn't do anything about it unless/until Blizzard addressed the problem and then told the GM what they could do, or not do.

So I will have more info on this tonight sometime.

I'm sure someone could help me....or Ottis will cry......your don't want Ottis to cry....
Dear Blizz: Give Mock his hunter weap--errr, mount!

...That sounds very disappointing, Mock....
Sorry to hear that. Hope you're able to get help from a GM or find the rare again. Sometimes the game acts as if the corpse is invisible and a few feet away but if there was no loot tab it sounds like a tagging bug.
Good news everybody!.....mainly for me!

I now have my Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake, it took some time to certify my kill and that I did not receive the mount, but ti was mailed to me this morning.

Hurray! I'm glad this turned out.
Congrats!
Yay, glad it worked out.. :D *Hugs* ..... *Steals mount and runs*
^5
I now have my Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake

/cheer
Cheers! I'll drink to you and your new hunter weap---ah, mount, Mock!
01/28/2013 01:30 AMPosted by Lunabell
Yay, glad it worked out.. :D *Hugs* ..... *Steals mount and runs*

NO!
t'ats a baaaaaaad panda.

Bad panada.
I now have my Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake,

We expect screenshots.

(Drake is required, clothes are optional, and all that....)
01/30/2013 11:18 AMPosted by Cayreth
I now have my Reins of the Phosphorescent Stone Drake,

We expect screenshots.

(Drake is required, clothes are optional, and all that....)

Ta-da!

http://imageshack.us/a/img812/2655/wowscrnshot020113003824.jpg