I want to start OS as a tank, how might I?

Paladin
So I've been healing on this toon since mid-cataclysm and I have a blast with it, but I really love tanking also because it actually feels like you're the one fighting the boss -- not just healing the fighter.

While I still want to be a main healer for my guild, I'd also like to fill in as a tank here and there -- any ideas as to how I can break into an OS tank?
Get prot gear, spec protection, turn on RF, and hit stuff

it's as simple as that, like, i'm not really sure what kind of answer you're looking at, if you want to do something do it?

it's as simple as that, like, i'm not really sure what kind of answer you're looking at, if you want to do something do it?

Maybe the fact I'm in all healing gear, and if I dare enter heroics queued as tank I'll immediately get kicked.
01/19/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Niccoló
Maybe the fact I'm in all healing gear, and if I dare enter heroics queued as tank I'll immediately get kicked.

Crafted gear, badge gear, etc.

Although you need to take better care of your main spec before you throw together and off spec I think.
I'm trying the opposite (switching from Ret offspec to Holy), but you might have more trouble than I am. I'm running Heroics and rolling on plate Int gear if there are no other paladins since we're the only ones that can use it. I would suggest running Heroics as a healer and asking the tank at the start if he needs anything from there and if he would mind you OS rolling on it.

The Masterwork Spiritguard crafted set can work as a starting tank set (all items are ilvl 450, with a 463 shield and weapon), and if you have guildies who can run with you, that would be a good idea while you're learning how to play it and filling in any gear spots you can't afford to buy or don't have a guildie who can make it for you.
Crafted gear is fine to start out with, and you can always roll on tank gear for offspec even if you're in the instance as the healer.
01/19/2013 11:55 PMPosted by Niccoló
Maybe the fact I'm in all healing gear,

01/19/2013 11:54 PMPosted by Barfus

I don't see why you had to state that if you tanked in holy gear, what he said is the truth lol.

Do randoms with friends, increasing your chance on winning prot gear.
Get prot gear, spec protection, turn on RF, and hit stuff. lol