Enhancement PvP

Shaman
I have spent this entire expansion thus far (three months) doing something that's not fun under the false impression that it would get better with more gear.

We die way too quickly. You know what's not fun? Needing to spend all of my possibly DPS-increasing abilities and cooldowns trying desperately to just not die. You know what else is not fun? Watching all of the other classes not have to do that. How about having to use Rockbiter Weapon just to try to stay alive longer? Awesome!

Without PvP weapons, our damage is pitiful. Of course, that could also be because all of cooldowns have to be spent in a ultimately futile attempt to not die. You know what's fun? Killing things. You know what's not fun? Being dead.

"Get more gear." Yeah, you know...because gimped as we are it's so much fun suffering through BGs to get points.

"Get more skill." You know...because I live long enough to get any practice.

5.2 can't get here soon enough....

Without PvP weapons, our damage is pitiful. Of course, that could also be because all of cooldowns have to be spent in a ultimately futile attempt to not die.

This is so, so true. Totems... idk why they even exist in the first place. I mean, if they DIDN'T share GCDs with other BETTER spells and abilities, then it would make sense. But our totems are so extremely situational and sometimes have negligible effects to our DPS/Surviability.
For example, I'm here jumpin' and what-not in a BG trying to do some DPSin', instead of popping our damage dealing cooldowns, I have to spend 3-5 seconds placing totems just so I can live for 2 seconds longer! WHAT? My point: why have totems share GCDs?
Funny. I'm pretty happy with enhance.

The only real problems right now are warriors and ferals destroying the world in stuns.
01/22/2013 07:45 PMPosted by Roonwit
"Get more skill."
skill doesnt change the fact our mobility is putrid.. unless we chain ourselves to a hpals ankle
It's funny cuz a player of the same skill level using, say, a warrior will be doing 3x better than another player of the same skill level using enh shaman. this is about the class, not the individual player
01/22/2013 10:02 PMPosted by Ritsbits
It's funny cuz a player of the same skill level using, say, a warrior will be doing 3x better than another player of the same skill level using enh shaman. this is about the class, not the individual player

very true, but at the same time, the fact that we aren't a "walk in the park" is what makes me like shamans. When i kill a target, they got out-played. It is very satisfying. Sill we could lower that x3 better to x2 better :)
01/22/2013 10:46 PMPosted by Chumpoo

very true, but at the same time, the fact that we aren't a "walk in the park" is what makes me like shamans. When i kill a target, they got out-played. It is very satisfying. Sill we could lower that x3 better to x2 better :)

u do have a point. the main reasons why my first char ever was an enh shaman was because not many people play it, and why's that? cause the spec is not a "walk in the park". unlike others, i'd rather play a hard class that takes proper skill and focus to win. i also have a hunter and i can somewhat relate. in bgs as hunter i dont even need to try to get #1 in dps charts (literally a faceroll class), on the other hand u have to try and focus 3x as hard as a shaman (again, half-assed number) and still only get mediocre damage, and if you're lucky and the RNG god smiles on u, then u might hit the top 3.
my only problem are the totems. those take away 3-5 seconds of your DPS for "situational" moments. they shouldn't be on the GCDs
01/22/2013 11:01 PMPosted by Ritsbits

That's a silly argument that's akin to masochism, but it does beg the question. Why is it that the "it's just a game" argument is okay when somebody complains about having their time wasted, but it's not okay to say that it's just a game...that I'm not enjoying when I crumple while getting hit?
I have similar gear to OP but I have 1800 more resil than he does. I could also gem for about 320 more if I wanted. You're doing it wrong.
You've got 45k kills Shinebox. Have you ever thought of putting an Enhancement pvp guide up? I haven't started yet with this toon (I just hit 90 today), but I'd be interested in knowing what tactics an experienced pvp'er uses.

Just a thought.
i'm a butterfly
I recently got my pvp weapon for enhance. I am in mostly upgraded honor gear with splattering of conquest epics. I tend to do well in bg's usually top dmg or close to. I have solidly gemmed for resilience and the cd burst is still good. I wish we weren't so tied to Ascendance and our survivability needs a good look at. Maelstrom feels really unreliable and unfortunately the healing provided from it compiles so much of our survivability.
So, from what I'm hearing, once you get good weapons and resilience, popping Ascendance and using the Healing Storm glyph to drop 5 charged Healing Rain is the biggest kill/survive tactic?

How different is the damage rotation and totem choices?

How effective is Earthgrab vs Windwalker?
You've got 45k kills Shinebox. Have you ever thought of putting an Enhancement pvp guide up? I haven't started yet with this toon (I just hit 90 today), but I'd be interested in knowing what tactics an experienced pvp'er uses.

Just a thought.

I have a guide you can watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFaOXsT0Z5o
The guide is mostly biased towards arena but it should help nonetheless

I also make other videos ranging from arena, bgs, and macros.

Just a thought.

I have a guide you can watch: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFaOXsT0Z5o
The guide is mostly biased towards arena but it should help nonetheless

I also make other videos ranging from arena, bgs, and macros.

I endorse this message. He makes great vids.