Blood PvP?

Death Knight
Coming back after a long break.

I was wondering if blood pvp was still some what viable. i know they nerfed vengeance in pvp which takes away some damage. but with the MoP changes I don't know what state things might be in.

I know Frost is better for PvP since blood is a tank spec, but I find blood to be much more fun and trollish in BG's :)
no
but so fun ;w; at least in BG's.

what about being unholy with: Death's advance, death siphon/conversion, runic empowerment/runic corruption. and the glyphs death coil, vampiric blood, death and decay, deaths embrace.

a lot of movement speed and healing?

i know unholy is in a bad spot atm, and maybe not the most optimal thing to do, but i love trying to come up with gimmicky stuff for the fun of it.
Blood DKs are still fine, but not nearly OP as they use to be

I was wondering if blood pvp was still some what viable. i know they nerfed vengeance in pvp which takes away some damage. but with the MoP changes I don't know what state things might be in.

I know Frost is better for PvP since blood is a tank spec, but I find blood to be much more fun and trollish in BG's :)

Depends on what your looking to do. Certain things (flag cap, or node defense) Blood is fine, but as far as taking out important targets, or doing any damage) blood is bad. Vengence is non-player buff, and the MOST you can heal via death strike is 7%.
Well, blood healing is getting a boost in 5.2 and every team needs an FC so blood is still viable, however due to my lack of experience in arena I do not see any particular role that could be filled by blood in arena other than a team of 2 blood dks
Blood works okay in BG's as long as it's played properly, which means guarding nodes and carrying flags. It may not be effective in RBGs but okay in pugs.

But if you play Blood like a frost DK trying to top damage/KB.. you're doing it wrong.
Blood has it's part to play in bg's. You are a bit limited on the DPS side of things, but you can still do certain things well. Flag carrying, orb holding and node defence some of which were mentioned earlier are a few good examples. Even holding up several opposition in a bg, frustrating them as they try and take you down and you team achieveing it's objectives becuase you held up 4 of them for 5 mins.

Then there's tanking bosses in AV and IoC. Yes, Blood has a part to play.

And arena. Ok, this is a hot topic. I love doing arena as Blood, but you are limited in who you can partner with. Go with a DPS, and the enemy will simply target your partner every time. Don't bother going with a healer, your matches will just go on for 25 mins or till someone quits. In my experience, I've found you need to roll with another tank to be effective in arena. That way both tanks simply grind away at the opposition till you win.

So, despite all the nerfs and stuff, yes, Blood PvP is still viable :)
Im not well versed on this spec and correct me if im wrong, but isnt this the "tank" spec for dk?

If so...

I wouldnt recommend it. I fought an undead dk in that spec as bm and while I couldnt kill him, it took him almost 10 minutes to finally kill me.He had a slight edge on gear but still. Of course these types of long fights are always epic imo, but in this game 10 minutes is wayyyyyy too long to kill someone, especially in an environment where they will have a high chance of a teammate showing up.

Now, if you are playing flag carrier, or flag node defender , OR driving demolishers ( provided you also have high resilience ) then sure.

Blood will keep you alive a bit longer than frost (thats if you suck !@#). But honestly no one takes a blood DK seriously in PvP. Whenever I see them I just eat em up
01/24/2013 07:14 AMPosted by Anastasios
But honestly no one takes a blood DK seriously in PvP. Whenever I see them I just eat em up

Like i said earlier, i am no PvP master. However, i find that i do pretty good with blood spec and i can honestly say that one of the classes/specs im best against is frost dks. So far, in 1 on 1 duels, i have never lost to a frost dk while in blood spec.

Because BGs aren't a true representation of PVP, especially Pugs.

Good frost DK's will EAT you.
01/23/2013 11:22 PMPosted by Bloodháwk
I've found you need to roll with another tank to be effective in arena. That way both tanks simply grind away at the opposition till you win.

You are absolutely the worst kind of person
02/06/2013 07:25 PMPosted by Anastasios
Good frost DK's will EAT you.

I have yet to see it happen. They simply can't burn through all my defenses and in turn my "weak" blood dps is more then enough to bring them down.

Pretty much this. Blood is used of course as an FC spec in RBG's, but you would be amazed at the havoc you can cause in normal bgs just by being very hard to kill. For some reason I can have 3-5 players focus on me just to ultimately kill me after a good bit as they completely ignore objectives. Also on flag maps you wont be taking a node away from me without some serious backup (take conversion and desecrated ground).

As for arena, the spec doesn't belong there. Its possible to 2v1 a double melee team in twos but if there is a healer forget about it. You will simply be ignored and killed last, blood's strength is not dps but survivability.
i play both frost or blood depending on current group comp and rbg setting. i rarely die as blood and still put out top 3 dps every fight. never blood in arena, however i do utilize blood presence when im getting focused, which is alot.

unholy is a whole other ballgame entirely, gimmicky but effective in the right hands. coming changes will make it easier to ramp up, freeing 60 rp from garg and freeing a rune on diseases.