W-Pvp

Ravenholdt
01/25/2013 10:44 PMPosted by Aorris
That wasn't directed at him. That was just a general blanket statement about horde on this server. No need to lose your monocle.

Some of us have been Horde on RH since the server was new and the imbalance you speak of didn't exist.

I actually rolled here at the start of BC because it was the most balanced ratio of Horde : Alliance of the RP-PvP realms. Something like 1:1.2 when I created my first toon here.

/shrug
I actually rolled here at the start of BC because it was the most balanced ratio of Horde : Alliance of the RP-PvP realms. Something like 1:1.2 when I created my first toon here.

That's amazing... because by the time I rolled here about 3 months after the server opened, the population was already 33% Blood Elves. That's total server population -- not just faction. And since that was before you could have both Horde and Ally in the same account, that was huge. I think the ratios I saw being thrown around then were 4:1 or something. And I had been reading about the huge population disparity for weeks before I even joined the server which drove my decision to roll Ally for the first time EVER since I had started playing in 2005.

12/14/06 -- Server opens
01/16/07 -- Burning Crusade launches
03/05/07 -- I roll on RH
lol, well, to be fair, I rolled on RH the day that BC launched (well, the night, if you want to get technical) and I do recall the influx of Blood Elves everywhere.

However, a lot of those were alts. I generally filter out entries that are below a certain level, as they tend to cause skewed results from characters that actually see a lot of playtime. Not a perfect solution, but better than counting all of the bank alts and people who rolled BE just to see the fuss about the "new anime race".

Also.. weren't you a troll before? I've been away for a little while, but I'm pretty sure that I recall that. <.<

W/ all that said, I'm pretty sure that RH has never been at 1:4 while I've played (although I'm sure it feels that way at times), though I did skip out on Cata and the beginning of this expansion.

Even right now, Warcraftrealms puts RH at a 1:1.3 Ally:Horde ratio at 90, and wow.realmpop.com puts it at a pretty solid 1:2.5 (more believable) at 90.
Also.. weren't you a troll before? I've been away for a little while, but I'm pretty sure that I recall that. <.<

This character was one of my original characters that I transferred, and was indeed a troll before the race change. But I had to roll fresh at the time because paid-transfers had not yet been enabled.

01/26/2013 11:16 AMPosted by Machival
Even right now, Warcraftrealms puts RH at a 1:1.3 Ally:Horde ratio at 90, and wow.realmpop.com puts it at a pretty solid 1:2.5 (more believable) at 90.

Yeah, and that's after the "both factions, same account on a PvP server" has blended our population more. When the server first opened and for years after that, the disparity was pretty significant, and I don't know if it will ever even out entirely.
Yeah, and that's after the "both factions, same account on a PvP server" has blended our population more. When the server first opened and for years after that, the disparity was pretty significant, and I don't know if it will ever even out entirely.

Eh, I recall it differently.

There was always a Horde favor, but it wasn't nearly so pronounced at the start of BC as compared to the end of that xpac. It got a bit ridiculous during wotlk, and I left after that so I'm not really sure what it was like during Cata.

Still, I'm very reluctant to believe that it was ever 1:4, as it was never worse than 1:2~ in all of the time that I was on the server. Perhaps you're just exaggerating and I shouldn't take that particular number to heart. :P

I did just come back, though, so I suppose there could have been a huge surge (or Alliance exodus) during Cata / early Panda.

Either way, the world pvp seems incredibly... lacking.. compared to days of old. Then again, so does the server population in general. :c
01/25/2013 07:17 PMPosted by Oolaki

Fixt.

Wrong Starien, Aorris. This one rarely ganks people, and is an actual long-time native of the server, and doesn't deserve to be treated like his wannabe.

Starien ganked me once. I'm still butthurt about it. j/k

Though didn't he come in with Undead Lords that came in all bravado about bringing back world PvP to Ravenholdt? I always found that was kind of funny that they make those claims and roll on the grossly dominant side.

Far as numbers go, I'm not sure what the ratio was. I do remember that there once was more 70 blood elves on Ravenholdt than 70 Alliance.

Wrong Starien, Aorris. This one rarely ganks people, and is an actual long-time native of the server, and doesn't deserve to be treated like his wannabe.

Starien ganked me once. I'm still butthurt about it. j/k

Though didn't he come in with Undead Lords that came in all bravado about bringing back world PvP to Ravenholdt? I always found that was kind of funny that they make those claims and roll on the grossly dominant side.

Far as numbers go, I'm not sure what the ratio was. I do remember that there once was more 70 blood elves on Ravenholdt than 70 Alliance.

Nope. I rolled with Undead Lords briefly, but I created this character on Ravenholdt in mid-2007 or so and hung out solo and with some RP guilds initially. I actually rolled on Ravenholdt primarily at the behest of a friend, who stopped playing a few weeks after we started. I was mostly ignorant to realm population and most game mechanics; none of it mattered because we had our own isolated group.

These days I have a weird goal to level up a bunch of DKs on various servers so I can get more chances at farming mounts and dungeon pets. I've not really been around Ravenholdt much, but I'm sure I'll be back around at some point. It's a shame that the achievement from levelling 5 characters to 90 requires that they're all different classes!
Lol world PvP at Halfhill is just a bunch of alliance hiding next to there farm and letting the guards do the work.
01/27/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Gorar
Lol world PvP at Halfhill is just a bunch of alliance hiding next to there farm and letting the guards do the work.

What an ignorant statement... do you truly believe that your side doesn't do that, also? I have seen your own guild mates do it, let alone just the Horde.

Also, when UDL came here, you couldn't even walk through SMC without witnessing two or more House Elves threatening to kill each other.

And teh secks. Watch your step; floors are slippery when wet.
SSC FTL

01/27/2013 01:40 PMPosted by Zg

What an ignorant statement... do you truly believe that your side doesn't do that, also? I have seen your own guild mates do it, let alone just the Horde.

Also, when UDL came here, you couldn't even walk through SMC without witnessing two or more House Elves threatening to kill each other.

SSC FTL
who is to blame for this-->

01/27/2013 01:34 PMPosted by Gorar
It's the guards' job to protect people going about their daily business. I, for one, salute our noble protectors who guard against the Horde agression daily, without so much as a thank you for their troubles. They're frequently late, and I wish they were a bit more proactive, but beer will do that to a panda, I suppose.

---

This is a PvP-Lite server and pretty much always has been since BC. At one time, our druids would bounce instead of attack other druids, though everyone else was pretty much fair game. Part of me misses those days.
01/29/2013 10:46 AMPosted by Stuyvesant
This is a PvP-Lite server and pretty much always has been since BC. At one time, our druids would bounce instead of attack other druids, though everyone else was pretty much fair game. Part of me misses those days.

Sounds like someone was not around for IQD.

Or was Alliance and the most challenging opponents were keyboard turning champion Xaxafrasajfadf. Or Scrye.
IQD was about as bad as it ever got (or gets) here. I think I managed to miss most of the worst days there. STV was a nightmare back then, too.

Right after I first rolled here, I almost quit the game in frustration after one day in Tarren Mill. It was impossible to get anything done between the mobs and the Alliance (at the time, Alliance was all up in the Horde's grille). I vaguely understood what PvP meant, but had no real clue as to the actual gameplay, since WoW was my first MMO that lasted longer than 48 hours (real time).

Somewhere in there, the Horde started badly outnumbering the Alliance and the PvP started dying off. I, for one, have very mixed feelings about it. I'm almost totally PvE-oriented now and do all my PvP in BGs, if I even bother anymore. The disparity two characters even 5 levels apart is ridiculous these days.

I've considered moving, but this is the only server where I know people and beside, this is where I keep my stuff. Also, apparently CRZ is a frickin' nightmare without end.
pvp realm
01/25/2013 11:06 AMPosted by Tîmelord
WarEmeril, parallel world Emeril Lagasse who studied cooking and killing.

There is a symbiosis in there somewhere.
I loved IQD. Some great mass battles w/ Three Score and what was the name of that gank guild of terribles back then... oh yeah, Synergy.

Those were some great days. *reminiscent sigh*

I don't miss Scrye running his mouth all over the place, though. <.<
man they should totally make servers that dont allow people to fight you in the world while you are running around doing things. i mean, how come blizzard hasn't thought of that? it would make sense to put all those people that complain about getting ganked in a safe place where no one could actually gank them. man. you are brilliant. maybe wow should do something about this world pvp on pvp servers. put an end to it.
01/29/2013 11:08 PMPosted by Buch
man they should totally make servers that dont allow people to fight you in the world while you are running around doing things

Well yeah the "PvE srvrs --->" can be made, but one may assume a) that the OP is perhaps trolling, b) was coerced onto a PvP server the same way people who don't RP are brought onto this RP server, or c) any combination of the two. I'm just noticing he or she seems to have disappeared from the conversation.

Just saying.
01/27/2013 01:40 PMPosted by Zg

Wish I could kill people at Halfhill. Rogues need buffs to do this! BUFFS NOW!