Rogues on the PTR are flat out broken

Arenas
Prev 1 2 3 4 26 Next
01/23/2013 11:10 AMPosted by Crookston

I dunno i am watching rogues kill full Malevolent Resto shaman with earthshield up from 100-0 with them ever being able to get a NS heal off.

It's just LOL broke.

You can do that now if there isn't a peel. Or at least get close to it.

Kill thee Rogue. Train it all day. They die in stuns. That's just what Rogues do. Nothing changed there.

problem is rogue's get first strike
01/23/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Prieto
Its not actually a double edge sword or murphys law kicking in as its a win win scenario for the rogue.

Well for the rogue it is win win, but for the receiving end not so much. Being able to 100-0 zero someone in a dance or a kill spree feels kind of lame, like going into a BG and popping kill spree someone with 300k health, makes me feel like I have to go and take a shower after pvping.
01/23/2013 01:37 PMPosted by Roguefail
Its not actually a double edge sword or murphys law kicking in as its a win win scenario for the rogue.

Well for the rogue it is win win, but for the receiving end not so much. Being able to 100-0 zero someone in a dance or a kill spree feels kind of lame, like going into a BG and popping kill spree someone with 300k health, makes me feel like I have to go and take a shower after pvping.

I totally agree with you, I was just being a jerk and pointing out that double edged sword wasn't the right term. = )
01/23/2013 01:22 PMPosted by Prieto

Do you know what either of those things even mean.
I fully expect rogues to completely ruin this games PvP for all of 5.2

We will likely have to wait until 5.3 to begin playing properly. That's a big if however, blizzard seems completely oblivious to the fact that rogues on the PTR are horrendously out of balance.
You get hard ons from exaggerations? Jesus you must love politicians.
i think the issue is shuriken toss, a rogue can pressure you 100% of the time now.
even a warrior has to sit in a frost nova now and then, with safeguard on cd.

Can you really compare the uptime atm? Rogues had terrible uptime compared to warriors. They didn't want to let us jump around the screen like our Chuck Norris brothers so they buffed ST. I'd gladly give it up for more mobility.

They also didnt do anything about us being a very simply target to bring down by melee in a stun and tunnel. I figured ST was their way of giving us a lil more survivability by not having to be up close to certain death all the time.
That's what the point of ST auto attack was. The catch is that in the process of giving them uptime on melee that would otherwise turn around and beat them to a pulp in seconds, they made Rogue way too strong against casters. If they keep the auto attack, it shouldn't be anywhere near 75% of auto attack damage. Maybe more like 40% at the tippy top end and I suspect even that might be too high.
That's what the point of ST auto attack was. The catch is that in the process of giving them uptime on melee that would otherwise turn around and beat them to a pulp in seconds, they made Rogue way too strong against casters. If they keep the auto attack, it shouldn't be anywhere near 75% of auto attack damage. Maybe more like 40% at the tippy top end and I suspect even that might be too high.

It's too strong vs melee too.

There are rogues just kiting melee to death with ST on the ptr. They literally never have to get in melee range.

I mean dks have even worse up time than rogues. Lets buff frost that that howling blast is spammable, costs no runes, and has no cd. Fair?
How is the change to overpower playing out. Seemed it would make our anti melee ability a liability against a warrior.
01/23/2013 02:55 PMPosted by Bellathissa
There are rogues just kiting melee to death with ST on the ptr. They literally never have to get in melee range.

Para root shiv, run, spam ST, step, kidney dance, lol win. See it on the PTR all the time.
01/23/2013 11:12 AMPosted by Anurakis
They should really clip Shadow Dance down to five seconds. Eight seconds is the duration mainly on the basis of utility but when you combine it with the stealth opener talent? 11 seconds of tossing out ambushes and 130k eviscerate crits. It's just... ouch. The stuns and silences as well. So strong.

What the !@#$ is this %^-* have you even tried playing a rogue on the PTR? Subterfuge does not make spambush possible because it costs 60 energy without shadow dance up. Do you really think that rogues even have the energy to constantly spam ambushes and eviscerates for 11 seconds even with the 130 energy pool and SnD up? And what kind of class with full gear is getting hit for 130k eviscerates? Don't act retarded please.
01/23/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Iwizhard
And what kind of class with full gear is getting hit for 130k eviscerates?

Easily constructed if no defensive cooldowns are popped. Evis damage is already pretty crazy on live, wouldn't mind damage redistribution.
01/23/2013 03:06 PMPosted by Iwizhard
And what kind of class with full gear is getting hit for 130k eviscerates?

Cloth/leather wearers with no defensives up with FW debuff, on live, not PTR. Ive done it myself, its rare but it happens, 80k evis crits are common.
Rogues on the PTR are flat out broken

on the PTR

PTR
Yes, you see, this is called feedback. It's used in order to alert blizzard that there is an issue and otherwise bring more attention to the problem itself.
01/23/2013 02:00 PMPosted by Xiun

Do you know what either of those things even mean.

Do you? because neither of this apply here since the poster is experiencing no ill effects from what is happening to its class.
cloak on prep is absolutely retarded and needs to go, and shuriken toss is really way too strong, ive killed many, many people on live with just shuriken toss and bleeds up. cant imagine how it's going to be in 5.2 if it does not get nerfed rofl
We're pretty much the worst pvp class on live and people are already QQ"ing about us in anticipation!?!?! Including spriests and frost mages!?!?!?

o lawd