Rogues on the PTR are flat out broken

Arenas
Prev 1 5 6 7 26 Next
One of the bigger buffs to rogues was nerfing warriors.

Not to say that warriors were fine.
Education is never a bad thing, and I happen to be really nerdy about any philosophy, so it's cool with me.

Anyways, this is a thread about rogues.
Woooooords.
You sound like a warrior defending their burst in 5.0

"BUT IT HAS A LONG CD!"

So if I have an ability on lets say a 8 min cd, that has a 5 second cast bar, and it 1 shots a healer its okay because you can counter it and it has a long cd? Nope!

I can do that.... its called Chaos bolt. And i can shoot 4 of them, with CDs up if i get 1 off i kill the target 90% of the time, Chaosbolt-Conflagate-shadowburn. 100% chance to kill barring a bubble,iceblock,dispersion. (Chaosbolt hits around 130k+, conflagate hits 80-100k and shadowburn is hitting 100-200k, and all these numbers were to a monk at 65% resil)
Rogues have one of the most outdated and boring class kits in the game when compared to the rest. We haven't had a single revamp since release.

I suppose Blizzard is simply throwing us a bone for keeping us fundamentally the same for the last 8 years.

That said, I'm looking forward to slaughtering every single one of you. (not really tho)
Rogues barely needed anything at all honestly.

Nerfing warriors and other OP burst like hunters/etc.. was most of the buffs that rogues needed.

All this other stuff is just way off base.

I don't even know if blizzard is reading these forums. I bet they will put this live, and there will be crying like bloody murder and they will be forced to hotfix it or have season 13 completely trashed by horribly unbalanced rogues everywhere.

Rogues are a very badly designed class. They have a 100% auto get out of jail free card in all world pvp situations. Most of their damage is done in an opener in which the enemy player cannot react or do anything. I am convinced that rogues suck the fun right out of the game, they are not fun to play against in any situation. I would rather have 5.1 warriors then the return of OP rogues, rogues are the worst class to be OP.
What an idiotic statement. You're in blues, there's no way you could kill a 65% resil monk with three spells. Chaos Bolt hits under 100k on that level of resilience when you're in mostly Malevolent, with your blue set there's no possible way you could hit for 130+k even with cooldowns; my gear is a lot better than yours and I only do that on sub level 90s or when I'm in Kotmagu. Conflag does not hit for 80+ vs players either, and Shadowburn's base damage is around 100k, which means you're hitting for a lot less than that in PvP, again you're trolling.

Not to mention the fact that you don't pool embers in pvp for you to "shoot 4 chaos bolts".

GTFO you stupid ignorant Troll.

You sound like a warrior defending their burst in 5.0

"BUT IT HAS A LONG CD!"

So if I have an ability on lets say a 8 min cd, that has a 5 second cast bar, and it 1 shots a healer its okay because you can counter it and it has a long cd? Nope!

I can do that.... its called Chaos bolt. And i can shoot 4 of them, with CDs up if i get 1 off i kill the target 90% of the time, Chaosbolt-Conflagate-shadowburn. 100% chance to kill barring a bubble,iceblock,dispersion. (Chaosbolt hits around 130k+, conflagate hits 80-100k and shadowburn is hitting 100-200k, and all these numbers were to a monk at 65% resil)
All I see is QQ
01/24/2013 07:28 AMPosted by Igivenomercy
All I see is QQ

Do you know the difference between QQ and legitimate feedback on a forum made for feedback? It looks to me as if you do not.

The consensus is that your class is horrendously overpowered and these changes need to mostly be reverted before this goes live.
01/24/2013 08:45 AMPosted by Thugangel
lol rogues will still die in the intim stun to bm hunters so enjoy your buffs rogues

May have been true for badly geared rogues at level 85 or at 90 before the stampede bug was fixed. Not even close to true now.
only when warriors are a bad class can rogues thrive, that's the only reason why rogues will be real next season. only changes they are getting is prep (and prep SHOULD be baseline, only thing op about it is cloak i think everyone admits that though) and shuriken toss being op. shuriken toss needs to be nerfed but shouldnt be removed completely, it's what makes up for rogues having only one gap closer (shadowstep). i guess the energy change is a little ridiculous since rogues already do more than enough damage but it's meh
01/24/2013 06:20 AMPosted by Razamis
I would rather have 5.1 warriors then the return of OP rogues, rogues are the worst class to be OP.

Agree
01/24/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Outplayedlol
only when warriors are a bad class can rogues thrive, that's the only reason why rogues will be real next season. only changes they are getting is prep (and prep SHOULD be baseline, only thing op about it is cloak i think everyone admits that though) and shuriken toss being op. shuriken toss needs to be nerfed but shouldnt be removed completely, it's what makes up for rogues having only one gap closer (shadowstep). i guess the energy change is a little ridiculous since rogues already do more than enough damage but it's meh

Energy change isn't a big thing. It lets you play subterfuge and still go sort of hard on the open. Agree (think everyone does) on the rest.
This just in: Pvp in MOP is garbage and getting worse each patch!

I like how they throw up half the patch on PTR, have everyone tell them how retarded the majority of the incoming changes are and they do absolutely nothing but tell us their new plan to try and encourage people to raid in 25 mans..... Hey morons, if the game didn't suck so freaking bad then maybe people would be able to get 24 other idiots to stick around and raid with them.
01/24/2013 09:40 AMPosted by Outplayedlol

Yes, it will have nothing to do with their ability to destroy any class at will, it's only because warriors are no longer 2 shotting people....
01/24/2013 07:42 AMPosted by Razamis
The consensus is that your class is horrendously overpowered and these changes need to mostly be reverted before this goes live.

Ok all I read here is !@#$% moan whaa whaa. Out of every 1 legit post about what makes rogues OP on PTR you have 10 wich are "naw bro you are OP, blizz needs to buff my class so im on par, blah blah".

Facts

On PTR rogue damage is overtuned during a properly executed shadowdance or opener
ST auto attacks with para poison may be too much on PTR
Rogues have the WORST defenses in the game
Mobility is still meh
1 spec is somewhat viable (sub), mut is iffy and combat is good for stomping pug BGs and not much else

In full malev on live rogue damage is fine, the problem with it is that it requires somewhat of a setup. On PTR several factors combined, (ST, extra energy, para poison, and subterfuge being viable due to the etra energy) make sub rogue burst a bit much. the issue here is that blizz tweaked the wrong things. Two of our specs still are meh for pvp, our mobility blows, our defensives vs melee are abysmal, and finisher juggling is a real pain.
01/24/2013 11:25 AMPosted by Coontlipsx
no, ele shamans do
ele shamans dont even have defensives. (yet)