Low levels in Vot4W flying.

General Discussion
Ok so last night was doing my usual hunt down dark soil for rep, apart from the odd pesky gnome who snuck under my feet to loot I had no issues.
However the entire time there I noticed a level 83 paladin, on a basic gryphon flying in a weird pattern, as if they were on steps in the air.
They would swoop down and mine nodes in the non agro farmland area (away from the vermin)
Now confusion set in as
1) flying pre 90 in panda areas
2) I thought it was 85 to unlock panda level mining.

So. I opened a ticket and was utterly amazed that within 2 minutes I got the "a GM wants to chat with you message".
I must say they were absolutely fantastic and friendly and sorely deserves a pay rise, but back on topic.
They said it would be dealt with immediately as clearly this was not a legit player due to the flying.

Skip forward 24 hours, same paladin, still flying, now level 84 still doing same rounds.
Friends who had logged in at various times also saw him.
So from the time I opened ticket, to now why has no action been taken?
clearly this is something that shouldn't take months because clearly rules are being broken.
I followed him at one point out of curiosity, and after about 20 minutes, he flew to outside half hill, stood in front of a naked lock there, then flew back off and the lock HS

C'mon now blizz, love you guys but if you can't do something about someone blatantly flouting rules, what does that say?
Do a quick search on the forums for "bot" topics.

Blizzard will eventually ban this guy, but they want to figure out how they are modifying the game client to cheat and create a hotfix that breaks his ability to fly but not those that can fly legitimately, like lvl 90's.

Also, they want to make sure they ban several players in "bot ban waves" so those that are writing the cheating programs have trouble figuring out which one Blizzard "broke".

Yes, you don't get the immediate satisfaction of seeing a cheater banned right away, but realize many more than just him will be banned from the game over time.

I found a bot last night while lvling an alt. He had a great time attacking my Anatomical Dummy and Turnip Punching Bag while mobs attacked him as I right-clicked and reported him.

He did not react to my Romantic Picnic Basket that seems to attract more in BGs.

EDIT:and yes, the player i reported is still at it collecting blue BOE's and even went up a lvl from killing the same mobs over and over for the last 12 hours. I'[ll need to find a horde buddy to take care of him tonight.
You don't have to be level 525 to farm ghost iron ore.. I believe it's 500 and you have to be level 80.
Still need 90 for flying though regardless of mining level.
I also noticed in shol basin near the puppy area their is neutral apes with low health, was a level 62 DK just constant killing them.
Couldn't work out how they could as they didnt even seem to take damage.
Just find it frustrating when this guy will be mining for ages till he actually gets banned, in the meantime stopping those going to that area to genuinely mine from doing so.
No that isn't me, I'm herb but seen a couple of herb bots in past just never with flying skill.
01/28/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Dameren
Still need 90 for flying though regardless of mining level.

Nothing new. I used to see a level 76 dk walking through the air in hyjal farming herbs and ore. Like said before they need to figure out the hack so they can stop it in the future.
Noo moobiee wasn't aiming that at you, was to person saying level needed to mine.
Appreciate your response, cleared alot up and I thank you for that.
Just keep filing the report when you see them. I've seen quite low levels doing the exact same thing on my realm, and I reported them a few times in the span of a few days. It took a while but now their characters show up as "Character not found" on the armory. Can't say if they were banned, but something happened to them.
Noo moobiee wasn't aiming that at you, was to person saying level needed to mine.
Appreciate your response, cleared alot up and I thank you for that.

I know that, I was pointing out your error on mining levels.
01/28/2013 09:51 AMPosted by Searc
You don't have to be level 525 to farm ghost iron ore.. I believe it's 500 and you have to be level 80.

Yes, but you have to be level 85 to even get to Pandaria.
01/28/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Amaer

No you don't.
You can be ported there.
01/28/2013 10:26 AMPosted by Searc

No you don't.
You can be ported there.

Yup my 80 DK has his hearth set at the Shrine.
@dawnsnow
There was no mention of a flying dragon, they were on bog standard gryphoon, and flying at 83 that's not legit and has no baring if they have mounts on other toons.
question please...

when I am playing and I see a toon almost always flying around or at least on a flying mount instead of a lvl beside their pic they only have a skull. whether it be a horde or ally player I have seen both and have been smoked by a couple of them on occasion. just always been curious what is the skull?

it is not a horde symbol either it is different.
question please...

when I am playing and I see a toon almost always flying around or at least on a flying mount instead of a lvl beside their pic they only have a skull. whether it be a horde or ally player I have seen both and have been smoked by a couple of them on occasion. just always been curious what is the skull?

The skull means they are WAY higher then you, but if you are 90 it should show the level regardless even if it is horde, and you should be able to always see your own factions level's regardless of how high they are.

Although I have noticed a few times when I am in a group and click on someone who is on a different continent that it shows a skull instead of their level until they get closer or i /reload.
01/28/2013 10:24 AMPosted by Dawnsnow
U do know that if U get a Flying dragon from MOP, at Level 90, that all your other Low-Level toons will be able to Use it too anywhere, (but not in Pandaria, until they reach Lvl 90 too.)

Nope. If you try it, you'll get a message that says "Requires Cloud Serpent Riding skill."
question please...

Are you sure that is a player and not a world boss? At 90 no player will have a skull icon instead of a level.
I followed one on my skinner. He was mechanically collecting those half health drakes in Deepholm. I just followed him around and leveled up a lot on skinning, LOL. When life gives you lemons...
no I am positive because I have seen it more than once and on both horde and ally. and what is funny is even if you right click and inspect them they still have a skull for a level emblem. just look around as you play and see if you ever find one. they are VERY rare and I have only seen maybe 7-10 in 2.5 yrs. but the other night I seen 5 all together in one place by a summoning stone all together waiting and i inspected everyone to make sure and all had the same thing. I am lvl 90 and they were geared to the freaking hilt with all 5 being over 500 ilvl.
yes I am sure it was no world boss.. there are none of those in the areas I was in at the time .