Atonement Macros

Priest
When MoP launched i'm sure most people including myself knew that atonement healing would be required; personally this was a little disheartening but I tried my best to create some simple macros to ease the pain a little bit.

I'm sure some or most people are already using some sort of macro to deal with this; or perhaps there are people who prefer to manually target. Regardless I hope this will help some people like it has helped me.

Target Nearest Enemy Macro
#showtooltip Holy Fire
/cast [@focus,exists,harm] Holy Fire
/stopmacro [@focus,exists,harm]
/cleartarget
/targetenemy
/cast Holy Fire
/cleartarget

This macro will cast holy fire on the nearest enemy (the enemy you're facing, just like pressing tab) if you don't have a focus target, then it will clear your target meaning that every time you use holy fire it will use it on the enemy you're facing but it won't stick to that target when you use it again (it also won't cycle through targets like tab does since you're clearing it every time). However if you have a focus target it will not clear your target, instead it will just cast holy fire on your focus. If you have a friendly target on focus, the macro will function as if you don't have a focus target. I use this macro for smite and mindbender as well.

#showtooltip Penance
/cast [@focus,exists] Penance
/stopmacro [@target,exists]
/cleartarget
/targetenemy
/cast Penance
/cleartarget

This does the same thing as the previous macro however I had to adjust this one so that it will cast Penance on my focus target regardless of it's state (friendly or nonfriendly). This is mainly for Tsulong since I use penance on him off cooldown to maintain grace.

Hope this helped :)
#showtooltip Holy Fire
/use [harm,nochanneling,nodead][@targettarget,harm,nochanneling,nodead][@focus,harm,nochanneling,nodead][@focustarget,harm,nochanneling,nodead] Holy Fire

Casts holy fire on your target, your target's target, your focus, or your focus's target.
I use "nochanneling" so I don't accidentally interrupt penance early.
yeahhhh tab is hard.
01/29/2013 02:36 AMPosted by Gnomgnamstyl
yeahhhh tab is hard.

Indeed it is, and during a hectic raid encounter I can't have anything slowing me down. If you think you'll get the same performance with tab try using holy fire on a target then quickly turning 90 or 180 degrees and use smite on a new target, then turn another 90 - 180 degrees and use smite again without delay. Do this with and without the macro and you'll see which is faster.

For me, I would rather use 1 button instead of 2; there's no way you're going to be able to tab 20+ times a fight and not delay a gcd.
I prefer Merize's macro tbh Jug. You can mostly just keep your tank hard targeted and penance/HF/smite his/her target without any hard target change. You do however need a second keybind/modifier for when you want to cast a direct penance heal onto your heal target (i.e. an additional non offensive penance bind).
02/16/2013 02:34 AMPosted by Aerry
I prefer Merize's macro tbh Jug. You can mostly just keep your tank hard targeted and penance/HF/smite his/her target without any hard target change. You do however need a second keybind/modifier for when you want to cast a direct penance heal onto your heal target (i.e. an additional non offensive penance bind).

Ya it looks interesting, ill have to try it out; the problem I see is you still have to tab or reset focus to target an enemy that isn't the tanks target.