Open Libram LXVI: Light in the Darkness

Paladin
Prev 1 9 10 11 26 Next
I guess the glyph would work just fine on Exo alone if the duration was increased to 15s or more.
I would much prefer our damage reduction to be tied to our spending of Holy Power, much like the current WoG glyph that increases damage done.

But as you also said, Lobster, it is too much in a glyph for it not to be mandatory.
I really hope that Light's Hammer change doesn't go through. I enjoy being able to use the ability without snaring mobs and screwing things up (in PvE). Building a snare into the talent would be a horrible change for raiding, especially as Holy and Prot.
Long Arm is your friend!

Yus.

I always, always forget to switch to it on fights where it would be handy. I'm so used to just saying "lawl no, default PoJ" for Ret PVE.

I've really thought about just taking it as my regular talent and picking up the boot enchant, but I'm paranoid about loosing any amount of Haste. <_<

I actually never really considered that Long Arm would actually be useful for Ret. It's pretty useless for Holy, and not really recommended for Prot given that you want to use Judgement nearly on CD for Holy Power anyways.

The more you know!
02/01/2013 12:03 AMPosted by Tailias
I really hope that Light's Hammer change doesn't go through. I enjoy being able to use the ability without snaring mobs and screwing things up (in PvE). Building a snare into the talent would be a horrible change for raiding, especially as Holy and Prot.

There's nothing wrong with buffing a stationary, 10 sec duration AoE on a 1 min CD to snare enemies. I don't even think this is a great PvP buff. I'm talking solely from a mechanical standpoint.

I think Light's Hammer should work like Mass Entanglement, and only for Prot and Ret. I won't give up Holy Prism for something baked into the Frost DK rotation.

I think Light's Hammer should work like Mass Entanglement, and only for Prot and Ret.

I'm sure that would be a nice change for RBG's, however for PvE, I really would not like one of my level 90 talents that is supposed to be a nice damage (and healing) cooldown having a Frost Nova built in to it. It would be like... okay, lots of adds where a big AoE level 90 ability would be nice? Okay, don't take your big AoE level 90 ability, because the root means that if the tank sidesteps a tad too far, the mob is going to turn around and WTFPWN a melee in the face.

In order to give Light's Hammer to PvP Ret, you have to really walk on eggshells in order to not be taking it away from a PvE spec.
02/01/2013 04:01 AMPosted by Hafleur

There's nothing wrong with buffing a stationary, 10 sec duration AoE on a 1 min CD to snare enemies. I don't even think this is a great PvP buff. I'm talking solely from a mechanical standpoint.

I think Light's Hammer should work like Mass Entanglement, and only for Prot and Ret. I won't give up Holy Prism for something baked into the Frost DK rotation.

It would actually give paladins a small amount of field control, which will be nice.

I'm still not entirely sure how any of those changes addresses Ret bringing different tools than Holy, but it's a nice start at least.

Ret, and to a different extent Enhance, seems to be locked in this weird spiral where we aren't allowed to branch out beyond being offhealers, but offheals are frequently pingponged in effectiveness.
Morning Pally Crew

All this srs PvP talk.
Well Glyphed Blinding Light has the knockdown

A persistent snare zone is never a bad idea.
i really like light's hammer, so if they buff it i'd be pretty happy with it. when i can put it in a good place so that it works well, it makes me feel all smart while i'm playing. when my tank runs away from it right after i throw it down, it makes me mad and i switch to holy prism, which doesn't look as cool but is still really helpful.
Wait, I might be retarded. When I read those proposed buff possibilities, I replaced "Blessed Life" with "Battle Healer" in my head.
02/01/2013 03:28 AMPosted by Tailias
and not really recommended for Prot given that you want to use Judgement nearly on CD for Holy Power anyways.

I like it as Prot because I can sprint from pack to pack with it among other things, I've never really had keeping it on CD for HP clash terribly with having it up when I want the sprint.

02/01/2013 04:37 AMPosted by Tailias
In order to give Light's Hammer to PvP Ret, you have to really walk on eggshells in order to not be taking it away from a PvE spec.

That you would, giving it a default snare could be troublesome in PVE to be sure. I think it's the weakest of the suggested changes to PVP but it could still be pretty damn interesting in a BG setting.

02/01/2013 04:01 AMPosted by Hafleur
I won't give up Holy Prism for something baked into the Frost DK rotation.

Unless I'm forgetting something I think the snare is only baked in if they talent for it.

02/01/2013 09:06 AMPosted by Martana
when my tank runs away from it right after i throw it down, it makes me mad

Oh the rage, especially when they move out of the shiny, good healing light into the bad, bad fire of some type.
02/01/2013 10:04 AMPosted by Elidra
Wait, I might be retarded. When I read those proposed buff possibilities, I replaced "Blessed Life" with "Battle Healer" in my head.

Battle healer being usable with every seal would be a better change.
02/01/2013 10:42 AMPosted by Paladinchaz

Battle healer being usable with every seal would be a better change.

It would be a ridiculous change and make it pretty much mandatory to use in PVE.

I'm still waiting for them to nuke it in it's current form.