can you still get this bow?

Hunter
01/29/2013 09:48 PMPosted by Kiklix
My Rhok'delar is definitely a sign of how long I've been playing and how good of a Hunter I was in vanilla wow...

PVE was/is easy...nothing to be good about. And getting the staff/bow was nothing more than jump kiting while your friends kited away the pathing mobs.

...says the dude who has no experience in raiding, either now or in vanilla when the content we are discussing was relevant. Back then t2/3 was better than pvp gear anyhow, so if it was so easy you would have done it simply for the gear.

You don't even have the level 60 pvp exp on that toon so I simply must conclude you are a troll.
01/29/2013 11:25 PMPosted by Koneko

PVE was/is easy...nothing to be good about. And getting the staff/bow was nothing more than jump kiting while your friends kited away the pathing mobs.

...says the dude who has no experience in raiding, either now or in vanilla when the content we are discussing was relevant. Back then t2/3 was better than pvp gear anyhow, so if it was so easy you would have done it simply for the gear.

You don't even have the level 60 pvp exp on that toon so I simply must conclude you are a troll.

It's really sad and pathetic when people are STILL trying to make an argument that PVE requires skill.

High end heroic content requires coordination, but ultimately skill is not necessary. I've seen more than my fair share of raid content throughout the years and I can say with clear 100% certainty that a vast majority of the "raiders" that consider themselves "skilled" could not make it even close to a decent rating in a PVP environment. It's sad that you even think this.
It's really sad and pathetic when people are STILL trying to make an argument that PVE requires skill.

High end heroic content requires coordination, but ultimately skill is not necessary. I've seen more than my fair share of raid content throughout the years and I can say with clear 100% certainty that a vast majority of the "raiders" that consider themselves "skilled" could not make it even close to a decent rating in a PVP environment. It's sad that you even think this.

Lol... WHAT?

It's sad that you're comparing PVE to PVP.
It's sad that you think only PVPers have skill.

Your argument is highly invalid.

Someone who has skill in PVP may not necessarily have skill in PVE, or vice versa. They're two completely different aspects of gameplay.

I don't even think you're considering the current state of PVP.

The ignorance is strong in this one.

This must be the case lol.
My Rhok'delar is definitely a sign of how long I've been playing and how good of a Hunter I was in vanilla wow...

woosh...
01/29/2013 11:49 PMPosted by Aphbrodite
I've seen more than my fair share of raid content throughout the years

You're so full of it.

I find it more than a little funny that both of the people who posted this nonsense in here have next to no experience in pve to base this off of and also have no pvp rating to back them up either.

01/29/2013 11:49 PMPosted by Aphbrodite
High end heroic content requires coordination, but ultimately skill is not necessary.

Look up skill, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Here, I'll help you.

Skill - Proficiency, facility, or dexterity that is acquired or developed through training or experience.

So yes, clearing current raid content and succeeding at pvp both require skill.

Spoken like a true PvPtard. Cause hitting Bestial Wrath and jumping in circles spamming Arcane Shot is skill AMIRITE!?

PvP in this game is just as mindless as PvE. It's all Paper/Rock/Scissors, if you're a class that counters another you win. Or if you happen to be playing the OP FoTM class.
For someone to say that getting a difficult task done when the content was relevant was nothing is amusing.

Raiding back then required 40 people who could actually function as a team. I know. I did the content when it was hard. I also did it when new gear made it easy.

The hunter questline was anything but easy when the content was new. I never had guildies clearing mobs for me. I cleared the mobs. I killed the demons on my own using the relevant strategies. I did it at times when people would not screw up the kills for me which was typically around 5 am when Laughing Skull was the quietest.

Saying PvP takes skill compared to raiding, what a joke. To do both well requires different skillsets.

I have the skills to raid well. Even though I only do LFR now that I've come back after leaving. I can't PvP to save my life, and I've seen many PvPers try to raid. Just as I am being mocked by a PvPer, I have mocked you when you try do what I've accomplished.
01/30/2013 05:02 AMPosted by Koneko
I've seen more than my fair share of raid content throughout the years

You're so full of it.

I find it more than a little funny that both of the people who posted this nonsense in here have next to no experience in pve to base this off of and also have no pvp rating to back them up either.

High end heroic content requires coordination, but ultimately skill is not necessary.

Look up skill, I don't think it means what you think it means.

Here, I'll help you.

Skill - Proficiency, facility, or dexterity that is acquired or developed through training or experience.

So yes, clearing current raid content and succeeding at pvp both require skill.

Wait, so you're telling me because you're looking at a brand new accounts achievements and ratings, you know what content I have and haven't experienced?

I also never said that PvE-centric players aren't skilled, I said that it does not *require* skill.

As for the content I've experienced, I was Duelist in TBC (could not push glad due to leaving for Basic Training mid-season... partners left me the team so I could have title, which I actually never even used.) I also spent almost all of classic doing raid content, cleared all the way through tier 5 content in TBC, and cleared every single boss except Algalon in Wrath. I quit shortly after Cataclysm.

I can't prove any of this to you, due to the fact that this account is roughly 1.5 months old, I created it solely to play on a different server and wanted the RAF benefits. There's really no reason to get butthurt, though. Almost every good PvPer I know performs top-knotch in PvE content but almost all PvE-heroes end up performing horribly in PvP. I don't believe PvE players to be bad or unskilled, I believe that being un-skilled is perfectly acceptable in all non-heroic PvE content, and that is not the case the other way around.

I have far more PVE experience than PVP, and I have no problem admitting that PvE is pretty much a joke as long as you have coordination. Carrying people in PvE is very easy.
Thread goes from innocent question to PvP vs PvE fest by the end of the first page.
I'm disappointed that it took that long.

Back on the subject of the druid bow, I have it and I am totally okay with it being brought back (or replica). Granted I did the quest when it was easy, but I still had fun doing it.
Also did the priest one, that was considerably annoying :x But I still enjoyed myself.

Personally I think if you can find a nice mog to go with it, you deserve that bow.
Killing this or that, getting this or that doesn't make you good, bros.

It's ironic because the way you act is to make people think you're good, when in reality you're just making yourself look like !@#$ because you probably most likely are %^-*. (This is directed towards the obvious idiots trying to troll the person who made a comment about his bow, and obviously Stalkings.)

These aren't the General forums where you troll threads, they're the class forums, stop being dicks.
01/30/2013 09:11 AMPosted by Mdgeist
Raiding back then required 40 people who could actually function as a team.

Err... I wouldn't go THAT far. It only required about half of the raid not be mouthbreathers to be completely honest.
01/30/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Gullig
(This is directed towards the obvious idiots trying to troll the person who made a comment about his bow, and obviously Stalkings.)

I think you are mistaking calling out trolls for what they are and pointing out their lack of credibility for posturing or something.

Sure, I pvp'd and pve'd in vanilla, and since then I have pve'd in every expansion, with pvp being only a casual pasttime in comparison. I've been in server first raidgroups, casual guilds, completely unguilded, and even took breaks from time to time.

I made no claims to my own skill, only contradicted someone who was incredibly condescending to pretty much everyone who enjoys raiding, something this game has more or less survived on for the past 8 years. I even pointed out that according to the literal definition of skill both pve'rs and pvp'rs who are successful could be considered to have it.

01/30/2013 03:47 PMPosted by Gullig
It's ironic because the way you act is to make people think you're good, when in reality you're just making yourself look like !@#$ because you probably most likely are %^-*.

Be careful the shadow you chase is not the one you cast.

I made no claims to my own skill, only contradicted someone who was incredibly condescending to pretty much everyone who enjoys raiding, something this game has more or less survived on for the past 8 years. I even pointed out that according to the literal definition of skill both pve'rs and pvp'rs who are successful could be considered to have it.

I'm not being condescending to raiders. I'm telling you that raiding doesn't require skill. It requires a bit of coordination and a few good players who know what they're doing. The rest of the window lickers are more than capable of being carried through all non-heroic PVE content.
01/31/2013 01:24 AMPosted by Koneko
Be careful the shadow you chase is not the one you cast.

01/29/2013 06:18 AMPosted by Koneko
Dire Beast is still much more valuable on Wind Lord

Lol, no it isn't.

lol I'm quite sure, thanks.
It's an ugly POS,.

Actually its not THAT bad. Its one of the few hunter weapons that animates, like so many shoulder pieces dp. The constant growing of the little flowers and leaves would go good with a green and/or yellow set, like the Lightning charged set or some of the marshal's pvp gear.
01/31/2013 09:30 AMPosted by Gullig
lol I'm quite sure, thanks.

..and again you are in here doing the exact thing you are whining about. Thank you for clarifying that because I disagreed with you once you have an axe to grind. What I have done in this thread is not what your post was complaining about.

I'm not being condescending to raiders. I'm telling you that raiding doesn't require skill. It requires a bit of coordination and a few good players who know what they're doing. The rest of the window lickers are more than capable of being carried through all non-heroic PVE content.

con·de·scend·ing
/ˌkändəˈsendiNG/
Adjective

-Acting in a way that betrays a feeling of patronizing superiority.
-(of an action) Demonstrating such an attitude.

Yeah you are definitely being condescending, and the days of a raid group being carried by a few good raiders are long gone. A guild progressing through content at a reasonable rate will run into gear checks and skill checks that WILL force them to have skill. As I pointed out, skill is a learned proficiency, and since I don't know of any guilds that one shot every boss the first try, that indicates that succeeding in pve requires skill. PVP is the same way. I do not participate in it, but I am quite sure it does in fact take skill. Nobody creates a character at level 90 and goes to gladiator undefeated. You gotta learn how to perform in both pve and pvp, that is referred to, by definition, as skill.
I don't know of any guilds that one shot every boss the first try, that indicates that succeeding in pve requires skill.

That doesn't indicate that raiding requires skill. You're basically insinuating that skill and familiarization are synonymous. This is not the case. Either way, I am not saying that PVP players are superior to PVE players. I'm not looking down on PVE players as "bad" or anything similar. If players want to PVE then that is perfectly acceptable, and I have no qualms with players spending time on the content that they feel is more in line with their personal interest. I'm telling you that I've seen far too many keyboard turning, skill clicking *TERRIBLE* players who make it through a vast majority of PVE content in comparison to players of that skill level being driven into the dirt at 1200 MMR in arenas. I'm well aware that there are a sizable amount of players who are exceptional in PVE situations, but I will not bow and compare the two.

PVP will always require more skill, more experience, and more awareness than PVE ever will. The game is just designed that way.
Apples and Oranges. Apples are PvE, Oranges are PvP. I prefer the taste of apples and they are certainly a lot easier to eat.
I'm bad at peeling oranges and I don't like their taste either.
Just like wow, PvE is more to my taste. People will always have their opinions over what is better and that such and such takes no skill.
Lets just eat our apples and oranges in peace, a'ight?

NOW CAN WE GET BACK ON THE SUBJECT OF THE BOW!? HOLY BUTTS GUYS.
Are you really puffing your chest out over a video game? Really? You have an ego over pushing buttons on a keyboard? Get a life.
not going oom while doing the quest was the hardest part, back when pots were spammable, sooo much gold on mana pots, haha

good times