A buff for wiping in raid finder

Dungeons, Raids and Scenarios
Prev 1 4 5 6 26 Next
We already have a wide range of people who don't prepare for encounters, join and only auto-attack/wand/etc. Please stop enabling the lazy. There is a gear requirement for a reason. There is very detailed information now available in game. There are many websites created by fans to support players.

I honestly believe this is evidence of a social failing in our culture, but that's not the point. Stop rewarding the lazy. LFR is already easier than "regular". Sometimes in life, you don't win. You can either work harder, or accept the failure.

Please hear me out:

#1.) The fights are already based on a zerg system. Whether your developers think so or not, they are in fact - a zerg fest.

#2.) You are rewarding bad playstyle, which will psychologically breed a new type of gamer, lazy among other words.

Please explain to me why you guys think this is necessary in any sort of way? It's a truly unacceptable way to develop your game.
This change isn't very good. This will just let preformed groups go in do whatever is necesary to get the 10stack buff and destroy parsing for lfr on world of logs.
I guess the game now

Which is more hated and pointless

Thunderforged gear, or LFR Wheelchair ramps?
I guess the game now

Which is more hated and pointless

Thunderforged gear, or LFR Wheelchair ramps?
Why not both? Can't we throw in upgrading gear and necessary valor capping into the mix too?
Rather than the buff I prefer people just learn from their wipe(s) and try again either with more attention to detail or gain some insight on the previous wipe(s)

If LFR is to be any sort of introduction to normal raiding then people will need to get a custom to learning from mistakes

Killing a boss because people band together is more rewarding than killing a boss because a charity buff was given out

For patch 5.2 I was hoping LFR difficultly level was slightly increased and not decreased.

As an alternatively if your really want to bring this change in at least wait a few weeks and see the data coming from LFR first ... you may see that the LFR raiders have improved over the last few months :)
Rather than the buff I prefer people just learn from their wipe(s) and try again either with more attention to detail or gain some insight on the previous wipe(s)

If LFR is to be any sort of introduction to normal raiding then people will need to get a custom to learning from mistakes

Killing a boss because people band together is more rewarding than killing a boss because a charity buff was given out
Exactly. They shouldn't be rewarding you for being bad, they should be enticing you to improve.
I really don't want anything in LFR which tries to simulate "progressing" in a raid. It seemed like this was implying making LFR more like pre nerf Garalon with a stacking buff after wipes. No. The community has shown a huge percentage just want effortless loot. It would be fine if people actually viewed it as a stepping stone for normals. They don't. This implied change is giving the community waaaaaay to much credit.
It's just seemed to me, that this "buff" already exists in people's minds, the 2nd pull, all the afkers come back and try so they wont wipe a 2nd time.
01/30/2013 04:29 PMPosted by Postonforums
It's just seemed to me, that this "buff" already exists in people's minds, the 2nd pull, all the afkers come back and try so they wont wipe a 2nd time.
Or by just kicking the total idiots and griefers and getting them replaced with slightly less idiotic griefers.
While theoretically this encourages people to improve all it will do is encourage people that if they afk through it it will die eventually anyways.
I thought raiding was supposed to be an epic-feeling challenge, not trivial?

Yes, groups will start intentionally wiping to stack the buff now and waste people's time when it isn't necessary.

The more you pander to the malicious and lazy segment of the player base, the more the game gets ruined for the rest and loses integrity.
01/30/2013 04:29 PMPosted by Postonforums

I agree with that. Normally after wipes the next attempt is one of the cleanest I've seen on that particular boss.
[quote="78003487385"]
We don't think LFR is too difficult, but in order to make it the right difficulty for 25 strangers with little-to-no coordination we did have to trivialize some encounters and mechanics. With a system that can correct for variances in groups, encounters don't have to be quite so binary (trivial vs. impossible). Mechanics can be more meaningful, while encouraging players to stay with groups that run into some difficulty, rather than quit and re-queue.

Yeah, tell that to the hunters who keep starting the boss fights in LFR ahead of the tank thinking its okay to start a fight because LFR is so easy for there class to DPS.
01/30/2013 04:33 PMPosted by Kuteness
Yeah, tell that to the hunters who keep starting the boss fights in LFR ahead of the tank thinking its okay to start a fight because LFR is so easy for there class to DPS.

Tanking it is even easier.

Active mitigation? hah, you have 6 people healing you on a boss that hits like a 5 man.
01/30/2013 01:12 PMPosted by Walzee
I'm hoping that they are adding this because LFR is being tuned higher than in 5.0.

This. While I do like the tuning on Will and a few other bosses, Terrace in particular is far too easy.
I like the idea, its not even funny how many people cant do the simplest things in LFR. But they would need to make a 'Condition' that would see if the WHOLE raid died, and if so, trigger the 5% buff.
What is the point of LFR in the end? Is it to "see the content?" Is it to "get epic loot?" Honestly, I'm just more confused than anything at this point. It's just not compelling gameplay, in my opinion. Like I said, it's feeling like a waterwheel of gearing that's requiring less and less water to power as we progress. It's kinda sad though that the encounters are binary in LFR. I hate to admit it but it seems that if there is one mechanic left in that can wipe the group, for at least the first month, people will fail it, if not downright refuse to adapt to it.

The one thing I know it is not is preparation for Normal mode raiding. The habits you'd pick up training in LFR would do far more harm than the mid-level gear you'd get would do good.

"What do you mean Stone Guard isn't an AoE heal/dps check?"
Maybe they're increasing the difficulty of LFR in 5.2? If all 5.2 LFR are as difficult or more difficult than the current Galaron, I can see this buff being required.

In most LFR runs, Galaron seems to wipe most groups.

I fear this is what they're planning. Basically, they'll tune it so that a typical LFR group will have to wipe several times before downing a boss.

Sometimes, I think Blizzard devs have some bizarre language defect where they think "fun" and "obnoxious" are synonyms.
I would like to see the denizens of D&R propose a name for this buff.

Lets call it the...

Fail-safe!