Honor gear should be purchasable with gold.

Battlegrounds
There is nothing fun about losing because you cant contribute due to gear disparities in pvp. PVP does not START until you have a solid set of gear, anything prior to that you are just a free HK to anyone you come across, and there is no fun in that...you know what never mind you are not listening and this topic is too far over the heads of the 99% of the people who will read it.
Then there would be no point in getting Honor...
Entitlement mentality alert

02/02/2013 05:48 PMPosted by Gimpi
you know what never mind you are not listening and this topic is too far over the heads of the 99% of the people who will read it.
I'm listening, I just think you want a handout for free. I think Guildwars gives you free gear, go try that.
02/02/2013 06:44 PMPosted by Kiaransali
I think Guildwars gives you free gear, go try that.

If you play on one of those toons, you can only do certain pvp, you can not go out and do anything else. Effectively it's like a somewhat more restrictive warcraft arena pass system. If you want a real toon it's the same as every other MMO, you get to go out and level and then you get to go gear.
You can buy pvp gear with gold that's only slightly worse than honor gear. It's the crafted set that players make and sell on AH.

Of course neither that set or the honor set will help you much against an arena geared opponent, especially if they earned or got carried to a 2200 rank weapon.

The system will change a little in 5.2, so wait for that and see what you think.