*Spoiler* Anduin in 5.2

Story Forum
Garrosh Hellscream tried to use an ancient mogu artifact to summon and control sha energy. I found a way to stop him, but probably shouldn't have confronted him on my own.

There was only one Alliance hero with him, so he was practically on his own anyway. And he didn't want that hero to get any of the blame for his injuries, and he thought the best way to make sure of that was to pretend that there was no hero with him.

At least, that explanation works.

As for why he might say that directly to the hero who accompanied him... well, the whole quote is just a recap of what the hero knew already. In short, I'm not sure.
02/06/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Gibbons
Garrosh Hellscream tried to use an ancient mogu artifact to summon and control sha energy. I found a way to stop him, but probably shouldn't have confronted him on my own.

There was only one Alliance hero with him, so he was practically on his own anyway. And he didn't want that hero to get any of the blame for his injuries, and he thought the best way to make sure of that was to pretend that there was no hero with him.

As for why he might say that directly to the hero who accompanied him... well, the whole quote is just a recap of what the hero knew already. In short, I'm not sure.

Didn't Taylor send the player to help him though?

Also, I find it funny that mistweavers healed him but I wasn't asked to heal him.

"Go get Velen, no wait get mistweavers!"
"Um, dude, I'm a mistweaver."
"Shut up, soldier, get mistweavers!"
02/06/2013 02:17 PMPosted by Lena

Didn't Taylor send the player to help him though?

Also, I find it funny that mistweavers healed him but I wasn't asked to heal him.

"Go get Velen, no wait get mistweavers!"
"Um, dude, I'm a mistweaver."
"Shut up, soldier, get mistweavers!"

Clearly you failed Misweaving 101.
I suppose it's possible he's lying about Velen's involvement. Possibly because Velen asked him to. Still, he doesn't actually need to lie as attributing his miraclious recovery to the Light is vague enough.

02/06/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Gibbons

Do we really want Anduin lying so easily though?
I suppose it's possible he's lying about Velen's involvement. Possibly because Velen asked him to. Still, he doesn't actually need to lie as attributing his miraclious recovery to the Light is vague enough.

Wouldn't be the first time. He asked us to lie during the Twilight Highlands intro quests.

Wouldn't be the first time. He asked us to lie during the Twilight Highlands intro quests.

About what exactly? Most I can recall is being asked to not tell anyone (someone?) about what we'd found.

About what exactly? Most I can recall is being asked to not tell anyone (someone?) about what we'd found.

When the twilight dudes attacked he asked us not to tell his daddy. Lying by omission I guess.
I wouldn't say lying about the Twilight Hammer came. I mean even if he was there'd be no way we could tell him. We'd be Sol

When the twilight dudes attacked he asked us not to tell his daddy. Lying by omission I guess.

Yes, I know. Anduin doesn't seem to think omission is lying, since he knows Wrathion is hiding something, but considers him honest.
Yet he forgets what the Horde has done to his family and his kingdom. Charming.
02/06/2013 02:40 PMPosted by Gollard
Yet he forgets what the Horde has done to his family and his kingdom. Charming.

I would advise not listening to the Dwarf. I don't find it charming. I find what he does just fine. Let's see what happens.
[Yet he forgets what the Horde has done to his family and his kingdom. Charming.
How do you get that? It's simply not relevant here; he's talking about a black dragon, so of course he's only going to bring up Onyxia.
02/06/2013 02:47 PMPosted by Vegdrasil
[Yet he forgets what the Horde has done to his family and his kingdom. Charming.
How do you get that? It's simply not relevant here; he's talking about a black dragon, so of course he's only going to bring up Onyxia.

Because "The Horde are essentionally good" and "The Horde are honorable" Also, "Thrall is amazing" I mean, even if you had an objective view of the Horde, saying those sort of things is fairly generous, but for the Crown Prince of a Kingdom that had been destroyed by the Horde, had his grandfather betrayed and murdered, his own father enslaved and forced to fight for his life...

Yeah, okay, even if he's not going to hold a grudge, he doesn't have to look at the Horde through rose-coloured glasses.
He's comparing the "Horde is basically good" line with the fact that orcs destroyed his city once, murdered his grandpa and put his father into gladiator matches.
02/06/2013 02:50 PMPosted by Gethrian
He's comparing the "Horde is basically good" line with the fact that orcs destroyed his city once, murdered his grandpa and put his father into gladiator matches.

Dont forget the demon worship, always gota bring up the demon worship.

I was talking about a few things i heard in 5.2. It sounded like he was talking to Horde players or something and i think thats odd after the who Garrosh event that he would continue to talk to him.. but i never had much hope for Anduin anyways.

My mistake. I know nothing about 5.2. Anduin is discussing plans, etc. with Horde members is what you mean. That does seem odd to me.
Guys, I know the answers to all of this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=x8w95xIdH4o

Sure, why not?

It's no worse than using Mind Control, is it?
02/06/2013 04:39 PMPosted by Anargyros
Dont forget the demon worship, always gota bring up the demon worship.

Actually, the Horde never worshipped Demons besides the Blackrock clan during the Third War.
02/06/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Lena
And lastly, he was apparently healed by pandaren mistweavers. So not only does Velen not show up in game, he doesn't show up in lore either.

HAR HAR HAR!

Oh jeez, hah.

Of course.