*Spoiler* Anduin in 5.2

Story Forum
02/06/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Gandred
And lastly, he was apparently healed by pandaren mistweavers. So not only does Velen not show up in game, he doesn't show up in lore either.

HAR HAR HAR!

Oh jeez, hah.

Of course.

Poor Velen. Saves the blood elves then does nothing ever again.
Hope this is a fluke, this is likely one of the crappiest deals ever served for the Draenei. It's like if Gelbin or Genn Greymane did something important and then all of a sudden it wasn't canon because the the other faction's experience was canon instead.

I'd be righteously pissed if that were the case.
I think it is a family thing. I readed somewhere that Varian is credited for killing Onyxia,even tho having a endless legion of players bringing her head to the npc in SW all this years...
About the healing thing... to be fair, it could have been Velen who came right away and saved his life. His bones were all shattered. He would not have survived much longer.

Maybe the mistweavers were the ones who, then, nursed him on a daily basis and literally got him back on his feet.

Maybe they aren't going to tell the world that Velen saved his life? But he's in Pandaria recuperating and someone has to take care of him day in and day out.
02/06/2013 02:14 PMPosted by Gibbons
Garrosh Hellscream tried to use an ancient mogu artifact to summon and control sha energy. I found a way to stop him, but probably shouldn't have confronted him on my own.

There was only one Alliance hero with him, so he was practically on his own anyway. And he didn't want that hero to get any of the blame for his injuries, and he thought the best way to make sure of that was to pretend that there was no hero with him.

At least, that explanation works.

As for why he might say that directly to the hero who accompanied him... well, the whole quote is just a recap of what the hero knew already. In short, I'm not sure.

Maybe there's no way for them to have different dialogue depending on whether or not you completed that questline? Maybe they just decided it would be better to assume the player hadn't. Still awkward, just like how Anduin suddenly started calling me Priest when a year ago he was basically fawning over me, calling me by name, and telling me that he wanted to be a priest just like me one day. :(
02/07/2013 11:13 AMPosted by Zariiah
Maybe there's no way for them to have different dialogue depending on whether or not you completed that questline? Maybe they just decided it would be better to assume the player hadn't. Still awkward, just like how Anduin suddenly started calling me Priest when a year ago he was basically fawning over me, calling me by name, and telling me that he wanted to be a priest just like me one day. :(

I pointed out a way that Anduin could say he shouldn't have confronted Garrosh without excluding the presence of others. Specifically that he would say "confronted him myself" implying that he should have been on the side-lines or not even there to begin with while someone actually strong enough to stand up to Garrosh did the deed.

If the kid doesn't learn he isn't invincible from this incident, there's really no point to it.
Maybe it went like this.

Anduin wakes up.
A: Ugh, what happened?
Varian: Garrosh smashed your face in, but it's cool because Velen healed you.
A: Who?
V: Velen, you know that one guy that did that one thing once.
A: I'm sorry, I'm not following.
V: Pandaren Mistweavers.
A: Oh, ok, why didn't you just say so.
02/06/2013 12:47 PMPosted by Lena
And lastly, he was apparently healed by pandaren mistweavers. So not only does Velen not show up in game, he doesn't show up in lore either.

WOW seriously?!

Writer 1: Hey lets have Velen heal Anduin because he hasn't done anything in a while.
Writer 2: Good idea.
*Implement quote in-game*
Metzen: Guys I just saw the ending of the Alliance version of Landfall and you made Varian send for Velen to heal Anduin? What were you thinking?!
Writer 1: Um what do you mean?
Writer 2: Yeah we figured it would be a good reason to get Velen some stage time.
Metzen: IDIOTS! You know damn well that Draenei aren't canon!
Writer 2: Oh damn your right.
Writer 1: We'll fix it next patch by saying that Mistweavers healed him instead.

/facepalm
Or DA PTR BRO
02/07/2013 02:00 AMPosted by Grimtale
Hope this is a fluke, this is likely one of the crappiest deals ever served for the Draenei. It's like if Gelbin or Genn Greymane did something important and then all of a sudden it wasn't canon because the the other faction's experience was canon instead.

This doesn't necessarily decanonize or retcon anything. Velen isn't at Varian's beck and call. They may have sent for him, only to find that he was unreachable, unable or unwilling to come (for whatever reason).

Velen isn't at Varian's beck and call..

I suppose when you put it that way.
This implies that the Horde version of the final mission with Garrosh and the Bell is the one that really happened. But even that mission didn't make too much sense, because then Anduin should have name-dropped someone still, because he was healing the Horde Hero against Ishi.

But then the Horde hero didn't/couldn't send for help or get Anduin back to the Alliance so if the Alliance really did pick up Anduin...

Oh dear I've gone cross-eyed.

Lets hope this is another one of those silly "omission" mistakes.
Wouldn't surprise me if Horde dialogue was canon over Alliance dialogue even though Anduin is alliance.
He's talking about that time when garrosh rang the bell, and anduin came with the mallet. He basically challenged Garrosh, but he crushed the bell and anduin fell upon the debris. Our character was there, and we didn't do anything.
02/09/2013 02:13 AMPosted by Taishata
He's talking about that time when garrosh rang the bell, and anduin came with the mallet. He basically challenged Garrosh, but he crushed the bell and anduin fell upon the debris. Our character was there, and we didn't do anything.

So everything leading up to that moment, from the flight to the terrace to the deathblow dealt to Ishi was not a confrontation with Garrosh? Even if I wasn't allowed to do anything, I sure as heck didn't think of myself as a spectator to anything that went on up there.

Again, this should be a humbling experience for Anduin. Have him say he shouldn't have personally involved himself at all, because, he REALLY shouldn't have.

Speaking for myself, kids that do reckless things and don't end up dying horribly irritate the hell out of me. Running around like nothing could ever possibly happen to you and causing no end of grief and suffering to those trying to keep you alive, karma coming around and biting you on the !@# is just and right.
Black dragons? Yeah really good folks to hang around. I think Anduin needs to spend more time in the crater that was his city's park and think about this.
02/06/2013 11:07 PMPosted by Ximothy
Actually, the Horde never worshipped Demons besides the Blackrock clan during the Third War.

I don't know what to say to you other then read the lore, you are horribly wrong.
02/23/2013 11:30 PMPosted by Kmcintire
I don't know what to say to you other then read the lore, you are horribly wrong.

The Horde never worshipped the demons besides a few select clans. Read Tides of Darkness and Rise of the Horde, it clearly shows that the Horde did NOT worship demons, the Demons had to use puppets and lies to get the Orcs to follow their will.

So again, the Horde has never worshipped demons.
02/06/2013 01:30 PMPosted by Valius
I would agree to that but I have no idea why Anduin is talking to Wrathion in the first place

http://24.media.tumblr.com/bc323d3ae56830451742e851b7af7b74/tumblr_mhbsraqIrx1qex6owo1_500.jpg there are times I just love tumblr and this is one of them. I have nicknamed this disappoointment-shipping (in that they dont really live up to their dad's expectations, one wanting a warrior and the other wanting a sociopathic destroyer of worlds) and this shall be a real thing!

just saying im completely fine if Wrathion drops a coin in dalaran stating "he's idealistic to the point of stupidity, but i can't stop smiling when I see his face".

is it bad that im half serious with this post? i mean, i bring it up here to joke about, but there is that part in me that wants to see it happen.