Ravenholdt and Population Issues

Ravenholdt
Yay! Moar Allies!
*Joins in the cheer!*

Welcome! Please let us know if there's anything you need =) We're so excited to see our Alliance population growing, bit by bit.

Edit: A huge thank you to Durh for starting the thread on the General Discussion forums. I've heard from several people who are now giving Ravenholdt a chance. It's so exciting!
... I tried to come over to the ally side back in Cata...I even attempted to plead my case with the King. All I got was a boot to the face. Then he brought out the Webers, to have such evil devices goes against all Cowmanity....

Well that said, welcome to RH to all who come...
Thanks for the thread Durth!

02/10/2013 07:52 AMPosted by Oolaki
Yay! Moar Allies!

- This a good thing for our server, and not because we Forsaken need to grow our ranks :P.

I recently joined my new guild Clandestine and have been doing as much as possible to help the guild grow as this is a very new new guild with only 9 level 90 toons in it (3 of them are my toons).

-Just wait this is going somewhere, not just a shameless promotion for Clandestine

The majority of our members are below level 50 at this point, and the players I have had the pleasure of meeting are either new to WOW or have transferred, resubscribed, or started an alt(s) here in Ravenholdt to feel it out.
The new players love the game and are very happy with Ravenholdt right now.
Our new transfers/alts are also very happy with our realm and even considering bringing their other toons here in time (some of these would be transfers to the alliance side

Although many are not into RP at this point I think I might be able to swing them with some guild events, but I personally would like to see some world RP events.

Perhaps I shall lead a Forsaken force to Gilneas, wait for a Worgen to approach with it's force, remove my helmet, walk across the empty battle field, look in to it's beady Worgen eyes, remove my glove and slap him across the face as Ottis exposes his rear.
"I c'allenge you to a duel. Defend you're self ya filthy beast or suff'r ta furry ven'ence of ta Ottis an' his Forsaken be'serk'rs!"
Entertainment ensues.

Anyhow, I do think we are starting to attract others here, lets get them to stay.

- edited to make more sense and correct the mumbling that happens when I type.
Nice thread! I posted. As someone who deliberately chose this realm after research, maybe my point of view will help sway some others who are also prone to over-planning their decisions. XD
I never expected this kind of reception, TBH. I thought we might get a few, but it seems like this is catching on. I really dislike the idea of advertising based on the lack of a feature (I feel like I'm unintentionally thumbing my nose at Blizzard), but my concern for what appears to be a slowly dying server greatly outweighs that concern.

I was getting really burned out on the game and turning very negative toward many aspects of gameplay that we all take for granted, but now, not so much. I might even start PvPing again (even though I still suck at it).

Also, I might level up Durh, even. After I get my Krahmm and Taifun up to 90. The server can only handle so much awesome at once and having Durh at 90 would put a strain on it that even I don't want to contemplate.

Krahmm & Bitey War-Pig are staying on the Alliance. Oolaki would kill me if I transferred. Repeatedly. Probably camp my @ss. Forever.
Bumped the general forum thread with my experiences so far here. Liking RH a lot, btw, and even though I've always sworn I'd never play Alliance I'm enjoying the idea of being the underdog.
Thank you and welcome!

More @#$%ing gnomes. I swear, one of these days ...

:D
Welcome, welcome!
After thoughtful consideration, I rerolled here today choosing one of my favorite classes - the holy priest.

I have no real experience with PvP, but I am not worried. I have RP'd before, and I look forward to doing that again here. I am already thinking of a backstory for this character.

So far, it's been very pleasant and sooo refreshing not to have CRZ!

So, greetings, Ravenholdt.
I started yesterday because of your post in General, Durh. Looking forward to possibly making some new friends. Sounds like you tried to paint an accurate picture. I like. Thank you!
After thoughtful consideration, I rerolled here today choosing one of my favorite classes - the holy priest.

I have no real experience with PvP, but I am not worried. I have RP'd before, and I look forward to doing that again here. I am already thinking of a backstory for this character.

So far, it's been very pleasant and sooo refreshing not to have CRZ!

So, greetings, Ravenholdt.

02/13/2013 03:36 PMPosted by Trelila
I started yesterday because of your post in General, Durh. Looking forward to possibly making some new friends. Sounds like you tried to paint an accurate picture. I like. Thank you!

Welcome-welcome!

Plague cookie! Plague cookie? anyone? Have one an' ya can be part o'ta special Forsaken club. C'mon!
First off: a great big hello and welcome to all of you folks giving Ravenholdt a go. :3 While I don't have much of a forum presence, I try to be available in-game as much as possible. For those of you rolling Alliance-side, feel free to hit me up for any questions or chit-chat you might have/want! <3 I've already seen some of you in-game (*cough*NomenclatureinIFtheotherday*cough*), and it's truly been a delight.

Second: A big, sloppy huglovescuddles to Durh, for taking the initiative and really helping to make things happen. Kudos to you! :D

Third: ... Huh, I didn't have a third point. Whatever. See you all in game! <3
02/14/2013 07:08 AMPosted by Mockrabbit
Plague cookie! Plague cookie? anyone? Have one an' ya can be part o'ta special Forsaken club. C'mon!

How dare you try to steal our new Alliance folks! /sad

<3
I hope things work well for all of you. I have not had the chance to be ingame much lately. I have a huge number of alts and I rp quite a few of them. Yes, I know...I have a problem...but I did want to give RH a try.

Let's hope with all the new people we don't get the influx of meanspirited ones. I think your thread should have been made in World's End Tavern as well. If you do it there you will more likely get more rpers.
02/11/2013 08:03 AMPosted by Mockrabbit
Perhaps I shall lead a Forsaken force to Gilneas,

Them's fightin' words, bub.

02/14/2013 12:52 PMPosted by Knobul
I think your thread should have been made in World's End Tavern as well. If you do it there you will more likely get more rpers.

That... is a really good point. Also, cheers for posting on the Sanctum!
Also, welcome to the newcomers. *Sets out crates of free hunter weapons.* One at a time please, no pushing, I brought plenty for everyone.
02/14/2013 01:05 PMPosted by Ryöka
Also, welcome to the newcomers. *Sets out crates of free hunter weapons.* One at a time please, no pushing, I brought plenty for everyone.

Ryoka, what is on your head? It looks like you're wearing one of your pauldrons as a helmet.
It's the pancake helmet.
Remember the Three Storms from the movie Big Trouble in Little China?