lf new server

Emerald Dream
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
Thank you. I will give it a try. Who wants to play, name that paladin?
This has been a wonderful glimpse into the server for the curious, hasn't it?
((From a RP perspective just consider this. There is no organised school in a roughly middle age-ish time frame. If there is no school people do not share a common narrative of what the accepted history is. In fact, the only ones (in character) who will know anything are 'loremasters' who study, a lot. And even they will not agree. Honestly, most character story lines will not encompass the amount of time to become a 'loremaster'.

Therefore, it is perfectly okay for you to, in character, not be aware of what is happening in various areas of the world. In fact, it is very doubtful you know what the history of your city is without detailed schooling and/or study. If that is not part of your background, then you will likely not know it or have the story wrong.

The main thing that sticklers probably get riled up is in regard to your personal story not even being possible with in the context of known lore--not in character lore, but world accepted lore, which is more meta gaming related.

With regard to playing in character, it is very, very easy. Just be that character when you act. The story will develop as you progress. It is quite a bit more fun than I can possibly describe. I think others can back me up here.

For instance, (I'll provide an example of how some minor recent events have developed into something a story for me) recently I have had uneasy feeling in Darnasus and am trying to figure out why the woods felt wrong. Also, in a random rp encounter I was told the statue in front of IF comes to 'life every 1000 years on the 1/2 moon'. I am skeptical of that and so am trying to track it down. It's a blast in between all the wpvp and game stuff that happens.

Anyway, my 2 cents. ;-))
You don't have to respect anything. I don't. Look where I am. I'm loved by everyone.
Well, I named changed. I didn't know "ooc" (don't know what that means yet) were considered offensive. So if you see my about, give me a chance, I will give it my best.
02/02/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Aeryia
Well, I named changed. I didn't know "ooc" (don't know what that means yet) were considered offensive. So if you see my about, give me a chance, I will give it my best.

OOC = Out of Character (existing outside lore and the game universe)

OOC Names = Gandwarf, Broccolimuncher, Sneakyharpoon, Cluffticles, etc.

-Cluff
01/31/2013 10:40 PMPosted by Finito
Debating on server transfer

We're full.
02/02/2013 04:58 PMPosted by Aeryia

We'll erp ok?
02/02/2013 07:18 PMPosted by Bronkk

We'll erp ok?

just shut up bronkk.
02/02/2013 07:50 PMPosted by Jägerboom

We'll erp ok?

just shut up bronkk.

Rude
Wow look at all the RP Nerds here screaming like cartman about YOU WILL RESPECT MY RP AND RP YOURSELF! Shut up already. No not everyone here respects you and it's because of the way you're currently acting. How about showing some respect to the PvPers for once? Sheesh y'all are starting to sound just like what one unnamed warlock began to the time of mass reporting for and that's E-Bullies swinging your purses. Settle down Suzy.
02/03/2013 03:47 AMPosted by Moggwa
just like what one unnamed warlock

Just the thought sends shudders down my spine
In my experience most rp'ers just want the pvp'ers who come here to not go out of their way to be obnoxious to the players who made this server great, and who make it different than a pure pvp server. Of which there are many. There is only one Emerald Dream, and many of us would like to keep it that way.

Don't name yourself douchebagx and don't interrupt people rp'ing with /say and /yell spam. It's really not much to ask. If you just can't help but be an !@#, there are huge realms populated with people just like you to choose from.

@Moggwa DwD has a lot of rp'ers in it.
02/03/2013 02:30 PMPosted by Áyllin
I could have reported all the non RP names and get tons of name changes in a couple days.

I do this for fun. And I have about 10-15 friends that do it with me as well.

I love it.

Oh clever shockzsham name,

too bad, you can't have it anymore !
@ Ayllin

https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/roleplaying-policy

Nothing in there says that anyone is forced to RP or has to respect it merely that a naming policy is in place and that someone can't harass you verbally or physically. Doesn't mean people won't target your RP event for their PvP event.

Next Part is taken for WoWwikki

http://www.wowwiki.com/RP-PvP

The most frequent difficulty on RP-PvP or normal RP servers comes from the expectations of disgruntled would be role-players. A small percentage have their own idea on the way RP should be, that don't feel there is enough RP, or maybe simply feel left out.

http://www.wowwiki.com/RP

Blizzard GMs do not go looking for RP violations. They address these issues entirely in response to player requests which means that going "Out of character" or not participating in role-play cannot be deemed as against any of Blizzard's policies or Term of Service or Uses.

Yep I read it and right there it specifically says not participating in role-play can't be deemed as against ToS. All I'm trying to point out is that the RPers of ED need to show the same respect they expect from the people here purely for PvP in whatever aspect of it they chose.

They claims of the few saying RPers are the only thing that makes this server great is the echo of what started the Emerald Drama forums, which are pretty much so dead these days.

It is the mix of players that make this realm what it is. Not one specific group demanding on every other thread (yes a bit of an exaggeration but the point still remains) that they be respected. You earn respect, not demand it like a tyrant in threads where someone merely asks about the pvp environment of the server. Even if they miss the RP-PvP status of our server, the spam guild recruitments in trade chat will show what kind of pvp server it is.

If it's only RP you want go to a pure RP server such as Cenarion Circle and leave us PvP nerds to our opposing faction hating ways. If it's some fire you want with your RP then don't troll the forums when someone makes a post related to PvP.

Edit: Missed a link
Before I get into this I just want to say to Aeryia that I love your new name.

Now, Moggwa:

It is the mix of players that make this realm what it is.

This is exactly what I was getting at.

When you have only RPers there is nothing to do but sit around in taverns and talk about elf romance or whatever.

When you have only PvP it's twitch kiddies named Swagqt and Yoloqt and god knows what other ridiculous nonsense spam emoting each other unitl Mom pulls the plug and puts you to bed.

But you put the two together

WHOA YOU GOT RP IN MY PVP

HEY YOU GOT PVP IN MY RP

Wait a minute... this tastes pretty good.
WHOA YOU GOT RP IN MY PVP

HEY YOU GOT PVP IN MY RP

Wait a minute... this tastes pretty good.

http://images3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20110112210937/familyguy/images/5/5e/Reeces1.png